“Made my stay a good one” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guven Cave Hotel

Guven Cave Hotel
Ranked #29 of 68 Hotels in Goreme
Brussels, Belgium
“Made my stay a good one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2012

It was a last minute decision to visit Cappadocia, and so I had left many things unplanned. I booked the hotel on the morning that I was to arrive, and emailed to ask for a shuttle pick up from the airport. I was thankful that the hotel acted quickly. Otherwise, I would have had to take a public bus to the main bus station, and another bus from there to Goreme late at night.

When I arrived at night, the hotel staff was waiting for me, offered me hot apple tea, and advised me on what I could do during my stay. Despite my late arrival, they were able to book a tour for me for the next morning.

The location is fantastic - just 2 mins walk to Goreme centre, and at the doorstep (abt 50 meters) to the Pidgeon Valley hike leading to Ucisar Palace. Very central and convenient. I like the arch ceiling of my room, makes it very cozy.

I really enjoyed the Turkish breakfast with omelette, bread, olives, cheese, meats, and fruits. Cihan, the reception and cook, was also more than happy to make changes to the breakfast menu to suit my preferences.

The best part of the stay was really the staff, their willingness to do whatever they can to help make my stay comfortable. When my jacket was ripped from hiking, the cleaning lady helped me sew it up. I was really touched. I enjoyed coming back from a day of walk to sit with the staff, have an apple tea, and just chat. Makes it feel like a home away from home. I will definitely return. Overall, a very good stay and very good value.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

The staff is composed by very kind people, always ready to help you and to suggest nice spots but the room (n° 104, arch room) had a "little problem": the shower is right next to the toilet and when my girlfriend and I got a shower, we inondated the whole bathroom...not very pleasant!
Maybe it's usual to have something like that in KapadoKya but better check out your room before making the reservation. On the other side, the terrace offers a wonderful view and the breakfast is good.

Room Tip: Ask for a modern room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Enfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here with two friends and had a wonderful stay.Situated just a short walk from the centre of Goreme it was easy to walk anywhere. Mustafa and Isa could not have been more helpful and spent time with us on our arrival [after 13 hours on an overnight bus from Fethyie] planning our stay to make the most of the time we were there. They booked a tour and a balloon trip for us and also recommended some great places to eat [Top Deck being the best experience for both ambiance and food] Rooms are basic but comfortable and the breakfast is great. Later evenings in the 'bar' provide opportunities to meet with other guests from all over the world and exchange experiences - A really relaxed and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: The Arch rooms or modern rooms are better for anyone wanting a more conventional stay. The 'cave...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I stayed at Guven with a friend for 4 nights recently. We had wanted a cave room, which we got, although I had to move to a different room as I was unwell and neither I nor my friend could sleep properly.

Mustafa and Isa, the managers, handled my room change at 3 a.m. when I was ill extremely well. The rooms (I stayed in three different ones in the end as the room I first changed to was booked out for my final night) were all extremely clean and comfortable. Guven is in a great location and has a nice terrace with good views. The breakfast is excellent as well. Finally, Mustafa and Isa are full of good suggestions about places to go / which hot air balloon company to use etc. I thoroughly recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2012

I had a fantastic stay at Guven, I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Especially thanks to Isa and Mustafa, who went above and beyond to help me with anything I needed and to recommend things to do in Cappadocia, including great advice on balloon companies, tours, scooter hire, and arranging a visit to a nearby hammam, which they thankfully advised me was by far a better option than the local one. They were super friendly and fun to chat to as well, as a solo-traveler I felt very at home here and would love to return! Room, breakfast, location, cleanliness, staff - everything was great! I couldn't recommend Guven Cave Hotel more highly!

Room Tip: The room on the sunny terrace was great
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Me and my girlfriend traveled trough turkey end of september 2012. There was so much to see in this amazing country, that´s why we had only 48 hours for cappadocia. The time we spend in güven cave hotel was great! Welcoming, kind, proper english talking staff and a beautiful hotel in the heart of Göreme. We enjoyed it very much - Thank you Güven Cave Hotel!

Room Tip: ensuite is to the front view - non is Cave with window to the hallway!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Torino, Italia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

everything is very good in this very nice hotel: Isa and Mustafa, the managers, are very kind and authentically friendly; you can trust their suggestions that are always correct. our room, on the terrace, was really nice: I could see the baloons flying in the sunrise every morning! spectacular! clean, correct prices, familiar. a place to stay more and more days

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends