Guven Cave Hotel
US$91
US$99
US$86
Travelocity
Blue Moon Cave Hotel(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$122
TripAdvisor
Goreme House(Goreme)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewsnice breakfasta wonderful staymustafatoursadvicecaveballoonsistanbul
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I recently went on a trip to Goreme this November 2010 with my friend Laida. It was winter but our one-night stay in Göreme made it very warm. Our room in the hotel was a quaint, authentic, natural stone room - very lovely and comfortable indeed. We were even asked to choose which room we preferred. The view from the hotel's balcony was sublime, and the hotel itself is only a walking distance to the village centre.

Many things have been said about the staff, but I really can't write about Güven Cave Hotel without saying something about it myself. Although it is a very lean staff, they are indeed very hospitable, pleasant and kind. They take every opportunity to interact with you and would help you in every way possible. The owner and host of the hotel, Mustafa, is very charming and generous. He not only helped us make the most out of our very short stay, he even drove us to grab a doner kebaps then dropped us off the Open Air Museum himself, on his way to visiting the doctor with his wife no less!

If the place is not enough to satisfy your stay in Goreme, then the staff will definitely make you appreciate it most. (Mustafa's wife was pregnant with their first child at the time, while their dog was sick. I hope they are all fine and healthy and I pray they will always be well).

I hope to return to Cappadocia, and when I do, I will surely stay in Güven again.

3  Thank Rzfdtwr
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I stayed with my girlfriend (both Australian) for 3 days in Cappadocia at Guven Caves and we had the most amazing time.

The hotel was very easy to find (especially so given they arranged cheap airport transfers for us) and from the moment we checked in everything went brilliantly. The rooms are nice (we stayed in one of the cave rooms) and super tidy (beds remade each day whilst we were out). Wifi in the room was very fast. The view from the terrace was breath-taking, the breakfast included was fresh and the delicious (Jian (not sure of spelling) even cooked us an omlette in addition to the bread, jams, tomatoes, cheeses, olives etc).

The best thing for us was the service we received. Mustafa is in charge and he is unbelievably nice and knowledgeable. Everybody in Goreme seems to know him therefore we got great discounts on quad-biking, balloon tours and a lot of other things from his friends that ran businesses/tours. Anything we needed/wanted to know, he had the answer for.

I cannot recommend Guven Caves enough. We have been travelling for 4.5 months now and definitely have had our share of both good and bad places throughout Europe. This was hands down the best experience we've had.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Persso
Reviewed 20 November 2010

I can highly recommend the Guven Cave Hotel without reservation. Mustafa, the manager, is wonderful. From his offers of tea, to his incredible helpfulness with planning and deciding what to do, to helping with calls to our next destination - Mustafa went out of his way over and over to help us. The other staff were very helpful, too. Goreme is an amazing place, and The Guven Cave Hotel made it even better! Easy, quick walk to the main street in town, and walkable to the Open Air Museum, which is nearby.

3  Thank Martha8558
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Mustafa does everything possible to make your trip enjoyable, and his knowledge of the area and activities is extensive. It was the little extras that made our stay here so pleasant--we arrived in the early morning and were offered free breakfast; my camera battery broke, and Mustafa found a way to order one on the internet and have it shipped in two days to my next destination in Turkey; we left late at night and were welcome to enjoy tea and use the internet and bathroom for as long as we liked into the evening; we were able to leave our bags to be watched after we checked out for the day; and Mustafa helped us organize all of our activities, and his advice was right on (we loved everything he recommended from restaurants to tours).This type of service is rare and exceptional. In addition, the hotel is conveniently located, a great value, and clean. Highly recommended!

4  Thank emarienyc
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Ticked all the boxes for location, views, cleanliness and good company. The decor is simple but stylish and the staff are caring and helpful. Breakfast is served by Johan who has makes every effort to please and clearly enjoys his work and mustafa who is proffessional and honest.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple