We stayed in Shoestring Cave in decemeber . Was excelent choice . We could check in at arrivel as they had a free room wich was a great help as we arrived early in the morniong after 12 hours bus ride .
Hotel is carve out from the stone :) I felt like im out of the flinsons movie set :) Holet is in different levels up and down the stairs go under cave walls quite fun :)
Breakfast is up on the top and you have a good view of the town .
We fined out later that the room we stayed in was used as a hors stable :) and that the owner of the place Oktay ( who is alwas there is you need anything with a big smile on his face :) was born in room 109 if I remember correct .)
Deffenely recomend this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ShoeString Cave House is in Göreme, at the very heart of the Cappadocia region. With great care for the environment and for the natural beauty of the rocks, five ancient cave houses have been restored and converted into accommodation where both Turkish and foreign visitors are made welcome. ShoeString Cave House has 23 bedrooms, an open air swimming pool and indoor and outdoor sitting and eating areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your ShoeString Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoe String Cave Pension Hotel Goreme
- ShoeString Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey