My 8 year old daughter and I stayed here with my Turkish in-laws for 4 days in August 2013. The pictures you see on the website are exactly how the rooms and the hotel look (no touch ups that I could see). All the contact that I had with the hotel prior to arriving was fantastic, they answered emails promptly and had excellent knowledge of the area.
When we arrived the staff and owner of the hotel greeted us warmly. My Turkish in-laws loved the place as did we. I was concerned that it might be hot in the rooms as we were there in peak summer season. We were pleasantly surprised as the cave kept the room very cool. Obviously it was cooler on lower levels. We wanted accommodation with a pool but never used it as we were so busy checking out the sites everyday that we didn't have a chance to use it.
I have wanted to visit the area for many years and was extremely happy with our choice of accommodation. The staff were very helpful and the rooms clean. Breakfast was included with our room and consisted of typical Turkish breakfast which we love. Tomatoes, olives, cheese, cucumber, salami. There was cereal, bread and spreads. They seemed to cater for most European tastes and there were extra choices which could be made to order at an extra cost.
A set 2 course meal was available for the evening if you wanted to stay at the hotel and eat. We did this one night and met a lovely group of people. The food was bbq standard same as you would cook at home with soup and salad.
Thank you to the friendly staff and owners of the this establishment. We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ShoeString Cave House is in Göreme, at the very heart of the Cappadocia region. With great care for the environment and for the natural beauty of the rocks, five ancient cave houses have been restored and converted into accommodation where both Turkish and foreign visitors are made welcome. ShoeString Cave House has 23 bedrooms, an open air swimming pool and indoor and outdoor sitting and eating areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Shoe String Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoe String Cave Pension Hotel Goreme
- Shoe String Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey