We stayed here for three nights. Our double room is very neat and tidy. The bathroom is spacious. A heater is provided inside the room as the temperature can drop to very low at night and morning. The hotel is about 5 to 10 min walk to the town center and the main bus station.
The owner Mr. Suleyman is a very friendly guy. He helped us to make calls to the tour operators/taxis to ensure that we get picked up on time by the tours that we'd booked.
The breakfast provided in the cafe is simple and nice. They have cereals, milk, bread, cheese, various bread spread, boiled eggs, local greens, cakes, pancakes, and etc. Every evening dinner can be ordered and served inside the cafe. You just need to write down your room number and the no. of pax on the white board. The chef Ms. Zeliha is a local who can cook very well. I would recommend anyone who visits Cappadocia to stay here and enjoy the delicious traditional dinner served (20 TL per person) by Shoe String.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ShoeString Cave House is in Göreme, at the very heart of the Cappadocia region. With great care for the environment and for the natural beauty of the rocks, five ancient cave houses have been restored and converted into accommodation where both Turkish and foreign visitors are made welcome. ShoeString Cave House has 23 bedrooms, an open air swimming pool and indoor and outdoor sitting and eating areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Shoe String Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoe String Cave Pension Hotel Goreme
- Shoe String Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey