“Cappadocia Hospitality at its best”
Review of Sato Cave Hotel

Sato Cave Hotel
Ranked #45 of 76 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Arriving early in the morning as the hot air balloons were lifting over Goreme, most of the town still asleep - I wondered into the Sato Cave Hotel. I was warmly received, shown a room, Agreed on a price and settled in. The place has so much to offer - is ideally located to see the city spread before it - My room was large, comfortable. clean and everything I wanted. A view from my bed was perfect. Breakfast on the roof terrace was most delicious, prepared by the owner himself - a very good cook - again form here the best view in Goreme.

Room Tip: Ask to see a few rooms - if they have any available, there is an authentic cave dorm room too. pers...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

I keep a great memory of Göreme, almost an oneiric and timeless location. And Sato Cave was definitively I very comfortable hotel, well located, clean, friendly and efficient service. The only negative aspect may be the quite narrow and steep path to take in order to reach the hotel. But the amazing view is worth the effort!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 4 July 2013 via mobile

After waiting 3 hours at the airport for our pick up and many phone calls we were eventually told to catch a taxi! However as we were the last flight until night, all the taxis were gone. Not a great start!
The rooms were very basic. Only lumpy beds were provided. The bathroom was a wet bathroom which would have been ok except it didn't drain properly and flooded. The mat in our room was wet from a mop before we arrived and this gave our room a very musty and damp smell. The ambiance of the 'cave' was good but the smell and dampness not!
On a good note, they were happy to heat up some milk for my young daughter and the afghani man working for them was friendly and helpful. The location is excellent and only a few minutes walk to town.
On a final note when we went to pay they wanted to overcharge us by 80€. They said they had no paperwork - luckily we did. Overall, I'd choose somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank PIcrew
Reviewed 7 November 2012

This Hotel was such good value it was absolutely perfect for me in every way. Although the room was basic I know if I'd said there was anything I needed Heeyon (spelt wrongly) or Osmon would have bent over backwards to get it for me. I would lean over from my bed and open the curtains each morning watching the many Hot air balloons filling the sky with the sunrise.
I would have my breakfast or drink tea on a balcony overlooking parts of Goreme and Sunset point where many people including myself walked up to watch the sun go down.
The hotel sorted out my trips and pickups which were just wonderful. On one occasion when I wanted to go on a horse trip through Rose Valley it proved difficult for the man to come and pick me up so Osmon took me on the back of his bike. Goreme felt a very safe place to be as everybody knows each other. Sato Cave Hotel is a few minutes uphill and so very central to everything. Everyday I thought the trip I had been on was unbeatable only to find the next trip was just as wonderful. I stayed for 6 days but did find I could have done everything if I'd squashed it down to 4 possibly even 5 days. I was impressed as well by the time Heeyon gave to me as I wanted to learn how to make Melamon? (not sure if thats spelt right) but anyway its turkish omelette and as soon as the busy time was over and Heeyon could have had 5 minutes to herself she called me to the kitchen at luchtime and showed me how to make it.

Room Tip: If you have a bad chest I would ask for a room higher up as although very quaint and lovely the lowe...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank julieb57
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I was recommended this hotel (now under new ownership) by a Turkish friend and was not disappointed. Despite some problems with e-mails (technical their end) I was able to speak to the owner (Ali) who confirmed our booking and arranged our transfer from Nevshehir and make arrangements for our onward bus connection to Fethiye. The rooms are real caves and are clean and cosy ! I don't think I stopped grunting for 2 days lol ! While they are a basic it really doesn't matter and you really get into the spirit. For the price you won't find better and at less than £40 per room per night....well it would be churlish to complain. Breakfast was adequate and the omlettes very nice. Its a great location for exploring the area with many attractions well within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a window. Power cuts do happen and if you are in the shower when one occurs in a ro...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Last month (Sep 2011), I stayed at Sato Pansiyon in Goreme because it offered a better value than the hotel I stayed at before.
Sato Pansiyon is owned and operated by a young couple. The wife cleans the rooms herself.
The location is all right, a little uphill street off Goreme's main artery, just a 10 minutes walk from the "otogar", but then Goreme is just a small village, nothing is far.
I was offered a triple room (all for myself), with a private bathroom, and more importantly, a lovely view.
The room was quaint, with a high, wood beam ceiling and an unusual door that closed with a wood beam across, and a padlock rather than a keylock.
There was even a hair dryer (which I personally don't need, but this is for your information).
The bedsheets were obviously not changed from the previous occupants, and the room and bathroom appeared to have been cleaned rather superficially, but there was hot water, soap and toilet paper.
The shower faucet was so rusty that its left handle came off the very first time I used it.
Despite that, I spent a quiet night at Sato (also because there were no other guests), and could see the balloons raising among the fairy chimneys from my window in the morning.
What I liked most about Sato was the room (the ceiling. the door). What I disliked most what the cleanliness level.
However, I would recommend Sato for younger people, for the reason that it is a little uphill and it doesn't have all the comforts people of a certain age are accustomed with.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank pulcino3
Reviewed 17 September 2011

The truth about this Hotel is that the location is quite good. After walking about 5 to 6 minutes
you enter the market place where there are lots of good restuarants and small shops and a bus service which I never used.

The Hotel room is dark, damp and cold and so is the toilet, kind of scary at first. But then one just tends to get used to it. There is no night lamp and the lamp is neccessary as it is very dark otherwise in the nights. This place can be great if only they paid a little attention to the cleanliness side of the rooms. The couple working there are wonderful people and very friendly.It is them that make you forget everything else. The rooms are big. The breakfasst is good.

We had no problems with the using of the internet. We had to however go to the office which was ok with us. They were cooperative. The view from the breakfast room is great.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same kind of. Yes if your room has no night lamp then you can buy a torch and kee...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank shamim_uae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Dinler Hotels - Nevsehir
#13 of 78 in Goreme
Family Cave Suite Hotel
Family Cave Suite Hotel
#65 of 76 in Goreme

Been to Sato Cave Hotel? Share your experiences!