Rock Valley Hostel
US$63
US$61
US$62
US$60
Chelebi Cave House(Goreme)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed here for only a night and was impressed by the service. The manager/owner, Ilhami is a nice guy and helpful. Just book the tour with him and you will be happy with the service given. You can bargain the price if you think other places have given you cheaper price.

I stayed in a double room, it is quite small but clean. No wardrobe in the room, only some hangers are available. Bathroom is big enough but during winter, you just need to wait for the hot water coming.

I came here when temperature was below 0 degree and snow is everywhere. There is schedule for the heater, perhaps 5 pm - 5 am.

The breakfast is excellent with quite big portion.

Television is only in the lobby. I guess the purpose is for the guests to meet and talk. Besides, in Turkey I hardly find any English channels,:(

Just send email before your arrival and Ilhami is more than happy to assist you for any queries.

The location is great, just 300 m from Goreme bus station with many shops and restaurants around.

The room rate is good compared with the services given. This hotel is not the cave one but still giving me good experiences.

The swimming pool has great view. I believe it is something great during summer time.

Wifi is also good here. Airport transfer is cheaper when you book direct from the pension. Nothing to be really complained. I was more than pleased to stay here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I loved this place. So laid back, relaxing, good rooms, nice pool, very clean, Loved the breakfast, plenty of places to relax, cheep beer, not full of students, it really was a very nice relaxing hostel which I would love to stay in again. Its close to the main street, be careful if your looking at other hostels in Goreme as some are up some VERY steep hills.

Room Tip: Worth paying for an on-suit.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fraser D
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Great hostel. ideally situated for seeing the local sites. Superb breakfast (for the price of the room -included).

Pretty location.

Friendly and helpful staff.

I would highly recommend budget backpackers staying here.

Ideally situated to

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I chose it because of the price but when I arrived there I really felt welcomed, since the guy at the reception was really nice and helpful, never pushing to sell tours or putting pressure to eat at the pension. I liked the fact he was always asking us how we felt in a very friendly way, that always gave me the impression he was genuinely asking information because he did care. The room was really nice and pleasantly larger than what we needed. We could look at the courtyard with the pool from the windows, enjoying a really nice view of the rocks too. The bathroom was ok and clean. The breakfast was included in our stay and we could choose from a variety of options listed on the board in the living room. I've had muesli and fruits with yogurt and it was a pretty big bowl with fresh fruits and jogurt. I loved it!
The atmosphere was nice, and the location perfect for me, the only thing I'd change is the fact that there were not so many travellers there, just a few people, not really talkative that didn't spend their time there making this place even more full of life, but anyway....
Oh, and i'd like to mention the guide of our walking tour. He was terrible. I tried to speak with him several time, but from the beginning he just seemed to be angry or just bothered by our presence and wouldn't be so friendly. That was the only thing i could complain of.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I stayed 4 nights during a motorcycling holiday. I really can't fault it, the the staff were really friendly and welcoming, I got the impression that they enjoyed being able to help with anything I needed. Ahmet met me on arrival and made me feel very welcome. The hotel itself was very clean and had plenty of places to relax including a very welcome swimming pool.
I'll certainly stay here again when I return to Cappadocia, if it suits your budget you should try and stay here before thinking about anywhere else in Goreme.

Room Tip: I had a double en-suite, very nice it was too!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo