“stellar review”
Review of Star Cave Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Goreme
Star Cave Hotel
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Goreme
Stroud, England, United Kingdom
“stellar review”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I stayed at Star Cave Hotel in the dormitory. It was affordable, clean, quiet, and peaceful. Ramazan, the owner is a gem. He helped me purchase my plane ticket to Istanbul, a cay machine and a lift to the airport in a professional, trustworthy and fair way. Breakfast was only so so, but because of the rooms and helpful staff, I would definitely stay there again. The single rooms looked lovely.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed in Star Cave Hotel with two friends for three nights and we couldn’t have found a better place. The location is great, the place is clean with a nice terrace where we can rest and use the wi-fi in the evening. Every morning, we had a nice breakfast, we weren’t expecting so much for such a low price.
The staff was very nice and polite, no matter the gender of the customer. I would like to thank Muhammed in particular for always being so nice and helpful with us during our stay in Göreme. I heartly recommend this place to all visitors wishing to have a good time in Göreme.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Location was great. Breakfast was standard. Cleanliness was okay.

The male staff that was there for most of the time seem to be drooling over every single female traveller. MESSEGE TO YOU - just because a girl travels the world on her own doesn't meet she will be available to your approach. HAVE SOME RESPECT.

• Stayed October 2012
12 Thank rgarros
Ramazan E, Owner at Star Cave Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2012
I'm really very sorry you had such an unpleasant experience at our hotel. This usually never happens here, as I won't tolerate staff hassling female travellers. However, Muhammed who works for me had to take a week's leave in October to see his family and we had a temporary replacement working here, I'm sure you must have come during that time. I know this is no excuse and I should have been around more during that time, but unfortunately I was busy with many things then and had no time to keep an eye on the temporary worker.

Please do accept my sincere apologies, I do not think that it's right to hassle single female travellers and I can assure you I'll do everything in my power to make sure such things will never happen again in my hotel.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Star Cave hotel was the perfect place to stay during our visit to Cappadocia. We were fortunate enough to have a room on the top floor, which was extremely large with it's own private entrance and balcony. Views each morning of the hot air balloons were spectacular from our room! The room was tastefully decorated, extremely well lit and always the perfect temperature - we never wanted to leave! The bathroom was also roomy and it was nice to have a hot shower after cycling in from Kayseri. Staff including Ramazan were kind and helpful, especially when we needed internet to announce our engagement! We definitely recommend Star Cave hotel for all visitors, a stay of at least 2 nights is a minimum!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We arrived on an overnight bus and were dead tired. The hotel picked us up from the bus station. Even thought it wasn't very far away, it saved us the uphill walk and trying to find the hotel going on little sleep. They let us check in early (9am) and let us have some breakfast even though we weren't supposed to. I was a little skeptical of staying in a cave but the soundproofing was great and there were no dirt issues. But what's up with posting a price of 1TL for water and then charging 1.5TL? When we pointed out the posted price, they said it was wrong but they didn't make any attempt to change it (it was on a white board).

PROS:
- Beautiful view of the caves and hot air balloons.
- Large bathroom
- VERY friendly and helpful staff (Ramazan and Jihan) who will help you with any excursions that you want to do (ex. hot air balloon, Turkish nights, green/red tour)
- Location was only a 5 min walk to the town

CONS:
- No wi-fi access in the room.

Room Tip: The closer you are to the lobby the more likely to get a wi-fi signal
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Look no further for a hidden gem in Göreme.

We did stay here in april 2010 and sep. 2012. This is not a luxery cave hotel. but this place have a lot of charm and cozyness. It feels like a home, where you right away get to know other people and the very kind manager Ramazan. Who is going to help you with everything.

really laid back feeling, with lots of oriental charm, and do spend a little more and stay at in the lovely cave rooms at the top of the pansion. WAUW......

The place is in the city of Göreme, but not on the mainstreet, wich means peace and quiet surroundings. It has wonderfull view over the red mountains and you can enjoy a lovely sunset from the terasse.

I would allways stay at Star Cave if I come back to Cappadocia.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 6 October 2012

A family with 2 kids stayed at this establishment for 3 nights. The service was exceptional. The room was awesome. My husband who is really fussy said it was the best accomodation we have stayed in during a month tour of Turkey. On departure we had to leave early the owner asked if we wanted some earlier breakfast. We where overcome with kindness as this feast was delivered to the courtyard.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family