“Would stay there again”

Ranked #64 of 74 Goreme B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“Would stay there again”
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Good location. Very friendly and helpful personnel. Beautiful garden. The room, however, felt very wet by the 3rd night of our stay, probably because of the bathroom use. We were explained that the problem exists at cave rooms only, not at the fairy chimneys and the normal rooms.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 29 April 2010

As I stayed in standard room, I wasn't impressed by the room. The room I stayed was just simple. Nothing more, nothing less.
The most outstanding thing here is the ower, Bekir's hospitality, indeed. The moment I checked in, he was very professional to make my stay perfect.
Thanks to his effort, I totally enjoyed my stay in Goreme.

If you are interested in hot-air baloon, you should book it through Anatolia Cave. You can get discount.
The tour Bekir explains is as follows:
RED TOUR(50TL): Cavuin Old village, Fairy Chimmeys,Magic Valley, Urgap Fairy Chimmneys,Old greek village,Avanos pottery, Open Museum and wine tasting.
GREEN TOUR(50TL): Panorama Goreme,UNderground city, Ihlara Valley,Pigeon Valley, Selime Monastry and Yaprakhisar Panorama.
Something like this...but you should confirm. Both tours start from 9:30 a.m and take full day respectively.
Also, he introduces Turkish Dance show including dinner and free flow drink (50TL or 25 Euro )
The venue is far from Anatolia Cave, but he gave me a ride and he will do it to any guest, I believe. I recommend you all this Turkish Dance show. Very fun to watch.

I loved breakfast here. Plentiful for this kind of pesion. Anatolia Cave is the only place where I had fresh yogurt and fruits. Don't miss it !

In spite of he kept saying 'I will pick you up', he was not there when I arrived Goreme bus station, but don't panic. Just go to Information center and ask staff to call to Anatolia Cave. It is very near, Bekir will show up in 5 minutes.
The room I stayed costs 20 euro per night, towel and linen are included but not daily make up.

Bekir says that he is planning to expand the pension, next time I go back there, I might stay in the new room !

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mamacita1001
haifa
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I arrived at this hotel at 10 p.m very tired after 10 hours in bus from Antaliya and the first man that i see' was the owner of this place Bekir, immediateli i have the cup of tee and the great attitude from him and my feeling was , that i arrived home :)
After this he give me the kee for my little, but very simpatic room and i go to sleep with good feeling on my comfortable bed. IT was not bad :)
I think, tha important to say , that i take this place just for one night only , but after this night and breakfast , i decided to stay for 4 days an i not regreat about it.
All my wishes and answers abou al things i have the good answers and i feel the readiness to help from Bekir, that also know very good this place and people.
I HAVE A VERY GOOD TIME IN THIS PLACE AND VERY VERY CHEAP FOR THE THINGS THAT I HAVE THERE AND ALSO ATITUDE FROM THE STAFF WAS EXELLENT

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Calgary, AB, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at Anatolia Cave Pension in the fairy chimney cave room. The experience was magical!

Anatolia Cave Pension is a very charming hotel. It's cozy and everything about it is homely. The room is very clean and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. Inside the cave at night - was warm and toasty :)

Breakfast on the patio was just wonderful. Great selection of food and fresh fruits such as strawberries and kiwis; and just sitting on the patio under the morning sun - it was just perfect.

Bekir - the host is a very nice man. He is always there making sure all the guests are happy and comfortable even after you have checked-out.

I have seen how he let the guests (who had to wait for their flights) leave the baggage and provided a room for them to shower before their flight even after they have checked-out.

Bekir was also thoughtful by preparing us an early breakfast to-go because we had to catch a 3 AM shuttle to the airport.

Overall, I am glad we found this place. It's a hidden gem. It's not commercial and I hope it stays that way :)

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We (4 people) arrived at the pension at around 10:00PM. Bekir showed us to our rooms and asked us to meet him in the receptionist area so he could give us information about Goreme/Cappadocia (in other words, sell us tours). We dropped off our bags, went to the receptionist area, sat down by a table, and waited for him. During this entire period, we felt like we were not free to leave. Someone who worked for the pension, who spoke limited English, was with us. Every time one of us got up from our seat, he signaled us and told us to sit down. It was very very weird and spooky. We were exhausted, because it was late. Yet, we were not free to go back to our rooms until Bekir showed up 15-20 minutes later.
After the initial weird beginning, our stay was pretty good. Although we reserved a cave room for our stay, we were not given a cave room until our 2nd night. But because the cave room we were given was great, it made up for the 1st night. The location of the pension is great. The town is pretty small. If you stay anywhere in Goreme, then you will be able to walk/bicycle to any of the sites in town. The pension offers free breakfast with a good selection of cheese, meat and fruits.
We had to leave the pension at 4:00 AM to catch an early flight. Bekir was very thoughtful and packed us breakfast the night before our departure.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 31 March 2010

Bekir is a good host and made our stay very enjoyable. He is knowledgeable and gave us a good recommendation for taking a balloon ride. We stayed in one of the fairy chimney rooms and it was very cozy - a cave with all modern conveniences. There is a nice terrace with a good view. The location is good - an easy walk to the center of Goreme.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Porto
Reviewed 1 February 2010

I've stayed there for 2 nights and I was charmed by the familiar environment of the hotel (I don't know if this one classifies as an hotel).
I loved the breakfast and the kindness of the staff.
The room was good and clean, although the bathroom did not have a bathtub.
The location is great, really next to Goreme's center where you can find the bus station and where you can find all types of tourism information.
I would recommend it for sure.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple