“Go there”

Anatolia Cave Pension
Ranked #65 of 78 Goreme B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The hotel (hostel) provides different styles of rooms. Starting with the backpacker style where you share toilet and shower and ending up with cave rooms with your own bathroom. Very friendly owner and personel who offers personal service to all guests. They speek several languages including English, German and Norwegian. This made our stay even easier. We allso used the hotel to find a private guide for us (very successful) and allso to arrange for a hot air balloon trip (an absolute must do experiance). Our first impression when we checked in was that this looked a bit shabby, but we realised that we where in the late season and the first impression was only created by the flowers and trees around. When we met the owner and got a good cup of tea (or coffe) and then setteled down the first impression was blown away. We would stay there again if going to Cappadokia.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2010

Let's be clear, we are not enthusiastic about this hotel: we had high expectations about the hospitality, which was kind, but not as warm as we thought based on other reviews. Bekir is very helpful but a bit detached.
Still, breakfast was very good, the room clean, location perfect, so this is a great place to stay. One more thing: ask for a room in a cave because not all of them are carved inside rock.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2010

This hotel is a great little place, comfortable, old-fashioned (no TV thank god), beautiful terrace and patio. The breakfast is very good, lots of choice even if you are a veggie. They organise trips for you, transfers to the airports which are very reasonably priced. Bekir clearly is proud of Goreme and gives you any info you need. My room was pretty basic, but I loved it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2010

Good location. Very friendly and helpful personnel. Beautiful garden. The room, however, felt very wet by the 3rd night of our stay, probably because of the bathroom use. We were explained that the problem exists at cave rooms only, not at the fairy chimneys and the normal rooms.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2010

As I stayed in standard room, I wasn't impressed by the room. The room I stayed was just simple. Nothing more, nothing less.
The most outstanding thing here is the ower, Bekir's hospitality, indeed. The moment I checked in, he was very professional to make my stay perfect.
Thanks to his effort, I totally enjoyed my stay in Goreme.

If you are interested in hot-air baloon, you should book it through Anatolia Cave. You can get discount.
The tour Bekir explains is as follows:
RED TOUR(50TL): Cavuin Old village, Fairy Chimmeys,Magic Valley, Urgap Fairy Chimmneys,Old greek village,Avanos pottery, Open Museum and wine tasting.
GREEN TOUR(50TL): Panorama Goreme,UNderground city, Ihlara Valley,Pigeon Valley, Selime Monastry and Yaprakhisar Panorama.
Something like this...but you should confirm. Both tours start from 9:30 a.m and take full day respectively.
Also, he introduces Turkish Dance show including dinner and free flow drink (50TL or 25 Euro )
The venue is far from Anatolia Cave, but he gave me a ride and he will do it to any guest, I believe. I recommend you all this Turkish Dance show. Very fun to watch.

I loved breakfast here. Plentiful for this kind of pesion. Anatolia Cave is the only place where I had fresh yogurt and fruits. Don't miss it !

In spite of he kept saying 'I will pick you up', he was not there when I arrived Goreme bus station, but don't panic. Just go to Information center and ask staff to call to Anatolia Cave. It is very near, Bekir will show up in 5 minutes.
The room I stayed costs 20 euro per night, towel and linen are included but not daily make up.

Bekir says that he is planning to expand the pension, next time I go back there, I might stay in the new room !

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank mamacita1001
Reviewed 24 April 2010

I arrived at this hotel at 10 p.m very tired after 10 hours in bus from Antaliya and the first man that i see' was the owner of this place Bekir, immediateli i have the cup of tee and the great attitude from him and my feeling was , that i arrived home :)
After this he give me the kee for my little, but very simpatic room and i go to sleep with good feeling on my comfortable bed. IT was not bad :)
I think, tha important to say , that i take this place just for one night only , but after this night and breakfast , i decided to stay for 4 days an i not regreat about it.
All my wishes and answers abou al things i have the good answers and i feel the readiness to help from Bekir, that also know very good this place and people.
I HAVE A VERY GOOD TIME IN THIS PLACE AND VERY VERY CHEAP FOR THE THINGS THAT I HAVE THERE AND ALSO ATITUDE FROM THE STAFF WAS EXELLENT

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at Anatolia Cave Pension in the fairy chimney cave room. The experience was magical!

Anatolia Cave Pension is a very charming hotel. It's cozy and everything about it is homely. The room is very clean and the bed and pillows are very comfortable. Inside the cave at night - was warm and toasty :)

Breakfast on the patio was just wonderful. Great selection of food and fresh fruits such as strawberries and kiwis; and just sitting on the patio under the morning sun - it was just perfect.

Bekir - the host is a very nice man. He is always there making sure all the guests are happy and comfortable even after you have checked-out.

I have seen how he let the guests (who had to wait for their flights) leave the baggage and provided a room for them to shower before their flight even after they have checked-out.

Bekir was also thoughtful by preparing us an early breakfast to-go because we had to catch a 3 AM shuttle to the airport.

Overall, I am glad we found this place. It's a hidden gem. It's not commercial and I hope it stays that way :)

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple