My friends and I chose to stay at Kismet Cave House since it had been rated well by other travellers in Tripadvisor, but were utterly disappointed by the service we'd had! Faruk snapped at us upon arrival, (possibly half-intoxicated), and for about half an hour he was berating us for some stuff that we had absolutely no clue about. Ok, so in the spirit of Turkish hospitality, he treated us to some tea and coffee to make up for his crazy ourbursts, but that did not make up for the expletives he hurled at us, which we did not appreciate at all. The whole thing was weird and uncalled for. Things went alright for the first day thereafter, but on the second day, when Faruk found out that we had booked a few tours with a "very bad" tour company (in Goreme, all competing tour companies are "very bad"), he literally told us to [--] off. How rude is that?!? We were on a holiday!!! It was not a great experience AT ALL. We had to search for another place to stay on short notice, which was really quite a bummer. It turned out though that there were many nice options for accommodation in the area - with the same amount of money, you could get a really nice room with a great view on top of a little hill, for instance! Our advice is to shop around a little. The smaller, lesser known establishments would be quite worthwhile. :) And much as Faruk was quite the dud, we have had many great experiences with other locals who have made our stay really worthwhile. Turkish people are, in general, very warm and hospitable! Cappadocia is an amazing place... just don't stay at Kismet Cave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 8 beautiful rooms are pleasantly and elegantly decorated Tipik Anatolian way of Living, soft colours with antique furnishings and private en-suite bathrooms, Each room offers its own special romantic atmosphere and Same Deluxe rooms are in The fairy chimney! One of them is extra special - which we call the honeymoon suite, this also has a fireplace to create that special atmosphere. The quad room is actually a spacious family room complete with fireplace and jacuzzias well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kismet Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kismet Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Kismet Cave Hotel
- Hotel Kismet Cave
- Kismet Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey