“Hospitality at its best. Wonderful Hosts, nice rooms and food, truly relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kismet Cave House

Kismet Cave House
Ranked #35 of 69 Hotels in Goreme
New York
“Hospitality at its best. Wonderful Hosts, nice rooms and food, truly relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2009

My friend and I spent four wonderful days at the Kismet Cave House. While I was skeptical about the reviews that I had read, I quickly found that the praise was true and well deserved. Faruk and his family and Jahan were very gracious hosts. We arrived early in the morning with my friend not feeling well, he let us have our room at 8:00 am. Faruk's 9-year old son was nice enough to give me a tour of Rose Valley and I finished the tour on a horse at the top of the hill (completely unexpected and unplanned). Faruk and Jahan went out of their ways to make sure we had a great time, he recommended hiking trails and transported us to sites. On top of everything, they offered me some delicious dinner food (prepared by the mother for her family). I'm a thrifty person, but I was very happy to pay every cent for my stay Kismet. It was nice to feel completely relaxed and worry-free. Although I have emphasized the hospitality, I'd have to say the rooms were very nice as well, the bathrooms were recently renovated (very modern). It would also be a nice romantic place to stay although I was traveling with a friend.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank kramesnyc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Friendship, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

We arrived late at night and found our host, Faruk waiting up for us with a welcoming cup of tea. Throughout our stay he was extremely attentive and never missed an opportunity to show great hospitality. He even intervened with the bus company to retreive my Lonely Planet guidebook lost on the bus trip. The hotel is small and charming. We stayed in a cave room, nicely decorated and roomy. Truely a memorable experience.

• Stayed May 2009
3 Thank WFRoamer
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2009

This is a very charming boutique hotel in the scenic village of Goreme in the heartland of Cappadocia. The owner FARUK is very friendly and helpful with all your trip planning. Don't expect many big hotel luxuries here. Just a lot of charm and friendly contact with locals

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LDiv
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2009

My friend and I stayed at Kismet in August for four days, and it was absolutely wonderful. The hotel is beautifully restored, centrally located yet quiet, and an absolute oasis - we really didn't want to leave. (How I would love to be having breakfast on the rooftop patio right this minute!) I've travelled a lot, and have never come across someone like Faruk - incredibly welcoming, gracious, helpful - it really was like being welcomed into his family. The staff are all lovely and happy to go out of their way to help you. Faruk was great for advice on how to plan our time in Cappadocia, arranged an evening trip to a dervish ceremony in a nearby caravanserai (magic), and on our last day took us on an impromptu trip of the area so we could squeeze in our must do's without getting stuck on an organized day trip. But here's the true test - both my friend and I caught a horrible stomach virus while on a bus tour to Nemrut Dagi. When we dragged ourselves back to the hotel for our final couple days in Goreme, Faruk was incredibly concerned and helpful. Getting sick while traveling is nasty, but I'm so glad it happened in Goreme with Faruk there to watch out for us!
Highly, highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank magilu
France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2009

The Kismet is very well located near bus station and close to the historic places of Goreme. Hold by very nice and friendly people, always ready to give you tips on how to visit the city.We join the tour there and it was perfect! All Around Excellent! I would definitely Recommend to anyone who wants a great location, great breakfast, and excellent Staff who is always looking to find a way to make your stay in Goreme a hundred times better! A must stay place!

• Stayed August 2009
4 Thank Buruni
Bombay, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Orchid Room in Kismet Caves. We loved our room, and found that everyone who stayed at Kismet was also happy with their room. The room did not have a TV or refrigerator but it had a spacious bathroom, and was a decent-size. The water pressure was excellent in the shower. There was no A/C but in the middle of peak summer, Cappadocia was cool and there was no need for air-conditioning.
When we reached Goreme bus station, we called Mr. Keles (owner) and he came and picked us up in his fancy Mercedes van. We reached early in the morning, and although we had paid up for 2 nights, thus, were entitled to two free breakfast, Mr. Keles was very hospitable and asked us to eat breakfast while our room got ready. And he didn’t charge us for the extra breakfast! The breakfast terrace is charming, and the food was great. The cheeses, breads and simit were completely fresh, as were the delicious fruits and jams. They even made some delightful chutneys/tapenades that tasted amazing with the breads. This was the only hotel I stayed at that also served us cheese-filled gozlemes (Turkish pancakes) for breakfast. The apple tea was great, and all through breakfast, as well as, the day, the staff would keep offering us tea and coffee. Service was fgreat and friendly beyond imagination. Mr. Keles said he wanted everyone to feel completely at home in Kismet, and he succeeded in making us feel that way. His staff is truly amazing!
The hotel has free wi-fi which doesn’t reach the rooms due to thick rock walls, but one can access it in the common areas. They also have a public laptop, and if that’s busy, they let you use their own laptop-and offer you endless cups of tea while you surf.
It’s best to find out from Mr. Keles what rates he offers for different tours and hot air balloon rides, etc. We found that he was more expensive for the Green Tour (but maybe his tour was more personalised with only 3 people in it), but cheaper for the airport shuttle (20TL through Mr. Keles and 25 TL outside). He suggests some cheaper hot air balloon companies, depending on your budget, but if you are intent on a certain one, then ask him if he can get you a discount. He said he could have got us a discount with Kapadokya Balloons (but we'd already booked), but I would suggest that check the prices outside before you confirm anything with him. The Kapadokya Balloon office is a minute away, and this hotel is ideally located in Goreme as restaurants and bus station are 5 minutes away by foot.
Book yourself at Kismet Cave Hotels-you can’t go wrong with this place!

• Liked — Hospitality and Rooms
  • Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank TravelBugN
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Kismet Cavehouse and had a wonderful and pleasant stay. Faruk (the owner) and his family were incredibly warm, helping us arrange various tours throughout the region (underground cities, horseback riding through the valleys, whirling dervishes, etc). By the end of our 3 day stay, it was like we were part of their family, it was hard to leave!

As for the hotel itself, it is quite cute and charming. The rooms are clean and there is a nice terrace where you can eat outside (we went in August). Great location, it's walking distance from the center of town. Affordable as well.

Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends