Kismet Cave House
US$62
US$60
US$129
US$126
All reviewsthe ownerturkeymr farukrose valleyballoon ridehome away from homewhirling dervish showhomemade jamshis sonprivate tourarch roomamazing experiencememorable stayunderground cityhot air balloonshospitalitycappadocia
Reviewed 15 October 2009

The physical hotel is warm and welcoming. It is kept in excellant condition and has all the modern amenities, while keeping the charm of traditional village life in Cappadocia. The real pleasure of staying at the Kismet is the Keles family and their staff. It seems they always have time to make you tea, tell you how the chimneys formed, or where to get the best doner kabab in town. Our sight-seeing tours with Mustafa were informative, relaxed and his timing impecable. Cihan, was very helpful in organizing baloon rides, horseback riding, whirling dervishes, pottery demonstrations and other activities as well as communicating the details of our stay and transfers prior to our arrival. Lastly, and most importantly, the boss, Faruk, is a key ingredient to the success and enjoyment of staying at the Kismet. He seems to float from guest to guest effortlessly, sharing real insight into the culture of this region of Turkey. It is an experience worth every penny.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Schugbear
Reviewed 10 October 2009

My friend and I spent four wonderful days at the Kismet Cave House. While I was skeptical about the reviews that I had read, I quickly found that the praise was true and well deserved. Faruk and his family and Jahan were very gracious hosts. We arrived early in the morning with my friend not feeling well, he let us have our room at 8:00 am. Faruk's 9-year old son was nice enough to give me a tour of Rose Valley and I finished the tour on a horse at the top of the hill (completely unexpected and unplanned). Faruk and Jahan went out of their ways to make sure we had a great time, he recommended hiking trails and transported us to sites. On top of everything, they offered me some delicious dinner food (prepared by the mother for her family). I'm a thrifty person, but I was very happy to pay every cent for my stay Kismet. It was nice to feel completely relaxed and worry-free. Although I have emphasized the hospitality, I'd have to say the rooms were very nice as well, the bathrooms were recently renovated (very modern). It would also be a nice romantic place to stay although I was traveling with a friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank kramesnyc
Reviewed 2 October 2009

We arrived late at night and found our host, Faruk waiting up for us with a welcoming cup of tea. Throughout our stay he was extremely attentive and never missed an opportunity to show great hospitality. He even intervened with the bus company to retreive my Lonely Planet guidebook lost on the bus trip. The hotel is small and charming. We stayed in a cave room, nicely decorated and roomy. Truely a memorable experience.

• Stayed: May 2009
3  Thank WFRoamer
Reviewed 29 September 2009

This is a very charming boutique hotel in the scenic village of Goreme in the heartland of Cappadocia. The owner FARUK is very friendly and helpful with all your trip planning. Don't expect many big hotel luxuries here. Just a lot of charm and friendly contact with locals

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LDiv
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My friend and I stayed at Kismet in August for four days, and it was absolutely wonderful. The hotel is beautifully restored, centrally located yet quiet, and an absolute oasis - we really didn't want to leave. (How I would love to be having breakfast on the rooftop patio right this minute!) I've travelled a lot, and have never come across someone like Faruk - incredibly welcoming, gracious, helpful - it really was like being welcomed into his family. The staff are all lovely and happy to go out of their way to help you. Faruk was great for advice on how to plan our time in Cappadocia, arranged an evening trip to a dervish ceremony in a nearby caravanserai (magic), and on our last day took us on an impromptu trip of the area so we could squeeze in our must do's without getting stuck on an organized day trip. But here's the true test - both my friend and I caught a horrible stomach virus while on a bus tour to Nemrut Dagi. When we dragged ourselves back to the hotel for our final couple days in Goreme, Faruk was incredibly concerned and helpful. Getting sick while traveling is nasty, but I'm so glad it happened in Goreme with Faruk there to watch out for us!
Highly, highly recommended!!