The various reviews on this site give an excellent idea of the Kismet
Farouk the owner is just as excellent as the reviews indicate friendly, thoughtful and informed without being at all pushy.
The Kismet is a small charming quirky guest house rather than a fancy hotel as a guest house, it is excellent
We stayed in the cave room. We asked for it! We stayed in November, nights were cool but the cave room was warm clean and very comfortable. heaters were on when we arrived . Great Jacuzzi and plenty hot water.
Location was just fine, it takes about 2 minutes to walk to the centre of the town.
Farouk set up a balloon ride for me ( I didn't ask until 8.00pm) The rate of 135 was better than anywhere I saw in town and the company was very professional with good equipment and a very capable woman pilot who managed to land her balloon right on the trailer of the recovery vehicle!
Breakfast up on the roof was outstanding with a huge local honeycomb and lots of fresh ingredients. We wound up chatting to most of the other guests.
By the way, the sights in and around Goreme were amazing, Outdoor Museum, Underground Cities etc. Not to be missed.
In Istanbul we stayed at the Conrad Hilton... but I'd rather stay at the Kismet any night of the week
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our 8 beautiful rooms are pleasantly and elegantly decorated Tipik Anatolian way of Living, soft colours with antique furnishings and private en-suite bathrooms, Each room offers its own special romantic atmosphere and Same Deluxe rooms are in The fairy chimney! One of them is extra special - which we call the honeymoon suite, this also has a fireplace to create that special atmosphere. The quad room is actually a spacious family room complete with fireplace and jacuzzias well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kismet Cave House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kismet Cave House Hotel Goreme
- Kismet Cave Hotel
- Hotel Kismet Cave
- Kismet Cave House Goreme, Cappadocia, Turkey