“One of the best places to stay in Goreme!”
Review of Sultan Cave Suites

Sultan Cave Suites
Ranked #13 of 72 Hotels in Goreme
Muscat, Oman
“One of the best places to stay in Goreme!”
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I came to Goreme every year for 8 years, and always made sure to stay at the Sultan Cave Hotel. Very friendly service, beautiful rooms, quiet location, but still near the heart of town.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I visited Sultan Cave Suites in September and it was a glorious place to be! The view of the town of Goreme was stunning especially in the morning with the hot air balloons greeting the sunrise. The room was beautiful and unique compared to other places I've stayed at in Turkey and the world. I also found their website very informative and the photos were accurate. The breakfast is the most substantial buffet that I've eaten in Turkey and it's delicious too! The people were all extremely friendly and most willing to help with anything. We did both tour 1 & 2 and found them to be fantastic as there was a fine mix of history and nature (walking). It made for a nice balance each day. The restaurant has some very special dishes on the menu and is an excellent choice for a meal. The fact that you can also visit the nearby Kelebek Hotel and have a meal or visit the hamam or pool there is also extremely convenient.

I loved Sultan Cave Suites so much I returned for Christmas and enjoyed the Christmas meal at the restaurant. On the second trip we were lucky enough to enjoy the breathtaking view of Goreme from the Butterfly hot air balloon. It was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone visiting the Cappadocia area. Having Mustafa as our pilot certainly enhanced the adventure!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank TLZ7
Auckland
Reviewed 20 January 2011

There are several of these 'cave' suites and we liked #322 which was newly finished with a comfortable bed and decorated with Turkish rugs and pottery. It had a nice marble bathroom but someone got the design horribly wrong with the door opening almost into the toilet. Access was difficult. We could hear our neighbors but we slept well as most tourists are hard-working and exhausted, especially if they're up at 5.00am for the hot air balloon flight. We booked a day tour and the balloon with Heritage Travel. The hot air balloon ride was a gentle, exhilarating (though expensive,150 Euros per person) experience. Our pilot was very relaxed, humorous and experienced, deftly landing the basket right back down on top of the trailer.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 14 January 2011

This was part two of our high-low approach to our stay in Goreme...and although this was supposed to be the splurge, it really was incredible value for money and not at all expensive by international standards. Being on a bit of a budget, this was a great place to spend a few extra dollars to get a few nights of real luxury.

Mustafa was incredibly helpful and we had a great time getting to know him and his brother Hasan, who was managing the sister hotel at Kelebek where we went for the best of all our hammam experiences (and there were many). Again, incredible value.

The included breakfast buffet was the best we found in all of Turkey, with way more on offer than in most hotels. As well as the usual bread, cheese, jam, boiled eggs, tomato and cucumber there were baked goods, cereals and omelets made to order. We also ate dinner in the restaurants of both Sultan and Kelebek and both were very good. Seten at Sultan was the perfect fine-dining experience with great food an impeccable service, while we had a more casual meal in the cozy bar area at Kelebek.

I can't recommend this place enough - 5-star accommodations at 3-star prices.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 5 December 2010

it was amazing to spent a bit of time in your hotel !!!!!!
we have a really beautifull time there and a lot of fun !!!
the hotel it's really nice and confortable !!!
we hope to come back soon!!!!
a special thanks to Mustafà and memet!!!!!!!

the 5 angels!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2010

I can't imagine a more magical place to stay! The value was incredible for a huge 2 room suite! Very comfortable seating and bedding! I felt so welcomed and the staff was so friendly! The view just can't be beat! I couldn't stop looking out the window. The walk down to the little town is short! Turkish Heritage Travel is right on site and booked all my tours and even helped with my flights! They were amazing! I also ate at Seten, the hotels restaurant, homecooked Anatolian food that was just delicous and beautiful restaurant. I was so entranced by my suite built into the cave (but with all modern conveniences), I didn't want to leave! I would highly recommend this hotel and area as one of my favorite I've ever been to.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2010

With 20 years in the travel I have never experienced such excellent service from a hotel. From the moment we arrived it was clear that this hotel was a cut above the average. Throughout the stay Manager Mustafa, and all the staff were genuinely helpful and friendly, the hotel is in a great location just a 5 minute walk form the town center.The view from the terrace was breathtakingly beautiful. our cave room was very comfortable , great value for the money, and the delightful breakfast.It was very difficult to say goodbye.
Highly recommend it