“Its different, but doesnt feel like an actual cave”
Review of Sultan Cave Suites

Sultan Cave Suites
Ranked #14 of 80 Hotels in Goreme
Reviewed 11 September 2011

When we booked, I assumed that our room would be a real cave , but when we got there we found that it didnt feel like a real cave at all, because the ceilings were wooden and the walls were made of stone blocks. There was no view of the beautiful town from our room either. Goreme is really nice, but there are probably better places in town to sleep.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We only stayed here three nights, but loved these cave suites. An excellent location, only 5 minutes walk from restaurants and sites, the suites overlook a stunning landscape. The staff are very friendly and the hotel itself is quaint, beautiful and new. Breakfast buffet was great - nice range on offer (included in the price). Manager very accommodating. We went to the airport only to realise we left our ipad in Cappadocia and the manager called round the restaurants and found it. They arranged a lift to take us back to the hotel and gave us our suite back for the night and kept the ipad safe. Would return here again. Also recommend the horse riding trek - we did the 4 hour ride and it was a bit hot but well worth it. Frisky horses, but a great ride if you are intermediate - advanced.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Hi ,

i dont write reviews regular, but having profited from all the reviews before I decided to write a review by myself.

First of all, if you want to stay in the Cappadoccia area, I definetly recommend Goreme. Nice scenery in the heart of the main attractions. Urgüp, has some 5* plus boutique hotels, however, thats nice on the beach side but not at all needed in Cappadoccia where the beauty comes from the scenery and landscape so you want to spent the time outside. One big plus of Goreme, is also that you can take a short walk from Goreme directly to the open air museum, and you can also hike around the area without taking a tour, which you would need in Urgup.

Sultan Cave suites, is on a hill overlooking the Goreme valley with a breathtaking view, which is also a main plus about the hotel. Furthermore they have a big terace/nice lounge area where you can enjoy a really breathtaking view over Goreme. There are not many hotels having this in Goreme!. And I am actually writing the review from there so I can tell you its true.

The Hotel is recently opened, and very tastefully build / refurbished around some cave rooms. Best to compare is a nice tuscany or mallorca farm house with the additional luxury of also having real cave rooms. So even for rebuilding they used old stones and everything from outside area, over restaurant, to rooms is made very nicely.
Rooms are tastefully done, with very good bath facility, even TV in some of the rooms.

One big plus is also, that the hotel is affiliated with the Kelebek hotel, right next to it, so you can use their pool, as well as their hamam /spa, which is a big plus in my perception.

I stayed in a junior suite which was great for me (traveling alone), and very nicely decorated as already mentioned. Bath room are very well done, you have all amneties like in a very good 4-5* hotel (enough towels in good quality, nice artisinale soups, good shower products).

Breakfast was also very good, with even possibility to get scrambled eggs. Having stayed in other good turkish boutique hotels the breakfast really standed out! They have a very nicely located restaurant as well, which is supposed to very nice as well (unfortunately I just had a drink there - which I regret). For example they still cook the pottery kebab dishes in the traditional way, which you can hardly find still in Goreme.

Coming to one of the important points in a hotel - the staff. The managers and all the staff are really friendly, speak excellent! english(you may not find that everywhere), and are very helpful in arranging tours. Furthermore you can sense that they are taking care of their hotel, resembling the great standard of all facilities, cleanliness of the hotel and smoothness of services.

from my perception prices are also very reasonable, as they offer a 20% discount for single travelers. Current rate was at my visit 80 Euro per night(as published on their homepage) for 2 persons staying in a junior suite. Tip: Try to book directly through the hotel and not some internet page - you can choose the room, they will arrange a pick up for you (which you need to do, otherwise you have to take a overpriced taxi from the airport) and the price shouldnt differ from an anonymous internet booking site (probably cheaper)

At the end, I can only highly recommend this hotel and their team. Great 2 nights stay in Goreme and one of the best boutique hotels I have visited in Turkey!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank 377Solotraveller
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We loved the Sultan Cave Suites. We stayed in one of the suites, which was perfect for us with our two small kids. The hospitality could not have been improved, and we had an amazing stay! The only very slight complaint was the lack of "real" juice at breakfast, which was a problem we saw on most of our trip in Turkey.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2011

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and spent great time! The staffs were well attended to customers, not intrusive, and seemed always trying to catch the customers needs. The atmosphere was really relaxing and the decoration had a good sense. The restaurant was also great and the Hamam which located at their another hotel (it was just next to our hotel) was good, so practically you don´t need to go out if you feel just "relax" . We will definitely repeat to stay at this hotel if we go to Cappadocia again!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barna00
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Friends told me to choose Goreme among the cities that you might stay while travelling to Capadocia. I double checked the hint on TripAdvisor where I had found Sultan Caves Hotel as my hotel destination. And it was true. I choosed the right place to stay.

Goreme is a lovely town. A small village where you find a main street with nice restaurants and shops hosted by the usual welcome turkish people. I was travelling with my wife and family and they made us feel at home.

The owner of the hotel was specialy kind with us and made arrengements to my senior father and wife to do a tour by ourselves, stopping whenever we want to. Unfortunately, is was very warm during the day and my father was not feeling very well to do it. Anyway, the owner was helpful and efficient on what he had provided to our trip.

My parents stayed in a most beautiful room, almost 80 square meters of a charming decoration and a balcony with an amazing view of the morning ballons drawing the sky. My wife and I stayed in a wonderful cave room, also large, with a ceiling window giving a an special lighting during the day.

The hotel is very close to the city center. I really apreciate the idea of walking around a city like Goreme, and the hotel has a perfect location to do that so.

The restaurant is also another high point of the hotel. The food is extremely tasting and the charming patio was like a movie scene place. I deeply recommend the hotel. I haven't found anything to say against the hotel hospitality.

They also did arrangements for our balloon flights. And I also recommend the tour.

Room Tip: Be aware that the hotel has many stairs that might be a chalenge for elderly people.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2011

My wife and I had booked our trip to Cappadocia late and were worried about hotel availability. We really wanted to stay in a cave room, but most of the hotels in the area were booked up. I sent a quick email off to Sultan Cave Suites praying for availability, and they replied (I think within about 10 minutes) that they in fact did have a room. Additionally, they arranged airport pick in a nice, air-conditioned van.

Upon arrival, we were greeted by the genuinely friendly staff and shown to our room immediately. Wow, what a room. We stayed in room 335. Everything about the room was tasteful, comfortable and romantic. It exceeded all of my expectations. The pictures on the website don't do the rooms justice, these places are amazing!

After marveling at the room for a bit, we went back to reception to check in. Mehmet, the owner, greeted us again and talked to us about our travel. Really a genuinely nice person that runs a great hotel. He gave us advice on the different sites in the area, hiking trails, open air museums etc. He is also the owner of Butterfly Balloons, which likewise has a sterling reputation. We were able to arrange our hot air balloon with him. If you come to Cappadocia, YOU MUST take a hot air balloon ride. It was a once in a lifetime experience.

We also made reservations at the excellent on-site restaurant, Seten. If you have been to Çiya in Istanbul, the food is similar, although I found Seten's food to be more to my taste (nice and spicy). I particularly recommend the muhammara (extra spicy çevizli biber), the circassian chicken and the beans and pastirma. The service was top notch and the prices extremely reasonable for the quality of the food and experience.

The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was really great (I am running out of superlatives to describe this place). All of the standard turkish breakfast items were present, but there was also french toast, fresh honeycomb, borek, every dried fruit you could ever want, proper drip coffee (a rarity in Turkey), and generally something new each day.

I give this hotel my highest recommendation for anyone and everyone, but in particular couples looking to celebrate a honeymoon or anniversary (we were on our 3 year anniversary trip). A unique, high quality experience.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Goreme
Aydinli Cave Hotel
Mithra Cave Hotel
Mithra Cave Hotel
#15 of 80 in Goreme
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia

Been to Sultan Cave Suites? Share your experiences!