“Good Business Hotel in Kayseri”
Review of Hilton Kayseri

Hilton Kayseri
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Kayseri
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Quite old fashioned hotel and the rooms interior should be renewed..... The breakfast ist top and the rooms quite big. Old, but good quality. Be careful: close to a mosquee, so close the window. If not not you will have a noisy wake up call ;-))

1  Thank Suilian
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Kayseri Hilton Hotel on your recent stay in Kayseri. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in Kayseri. I am happy to inform you that we are going to start a refurbishment program for all rooms in June and I hope you had a chance to enjoy the view of lovely Erciyes mountain at Kale Roof&Bar restaurant.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I travel a lot in hard-to-reach corners of the world, and my expectations were pretty low about Kayseri, Turkey as I planned this business trip to the "fiber optic capital" of Turkey. So trust me when I say, I was very pleasantly surpised by the town and the hotel.

Kayseri is an ancient city, with roots going back at least 5,000 years. It is backdropped by the massive, snow-capped Erciyes mountain range, which offers skiing and other winter sports. For centuries Kayseri was an important trading stop on the Silk Road to China. Massive fortifications and mosques dot the city (see photos). But for the past 600 years or so, things have been pretty quiet.

The Hilton itself is a massive, imposing hotel about ten minutes from the airport and dead-center in the heart of the city. My guess is that it was built by another company and Hilton acquired it somehow, because it feels old, and slightly worn, and certainly has a different style than other Hiltons you have seen. That said, it is a thoroughly loveable old lady, and I'd recommend it to anybody. It claims to be a five-star hotel, which I think is a bit of a stretch, but it is certainly a fine lodging and supports the Hilton reputation very nicely.

The lobby is large, spacious, with a high vaulted ceiling and a very good coffee bar. Breakfast is on the mezzanine floor, and the food was tasty and the variety was fine. There was a cooking station set up to make omelets and such, but on both days I was there nobody was staffing that post, so it was back to the buffet for sloppy scrambled eggs and such. (I mostly ate the fruit and the cheese bar.) One unhappy note: they have awful coffee in the restaurant; which is a shame because the girl in the lobby made fabulous lattes.

Climb into the elevator for your trip to your room, and this was the big surprise: the hallways are spacious enough to land a Boeing. The woodwork is old and polished; the lighting is subdued; everywhere there is a feeling of great times just slightly passed. The rooms (at least mine) was positively gargantuan (see photos). Electrical outlets for the computers and iPad were available on top of the desk, so I didn't have to crawl under the furniture to recharge the batteries. The wifi worked great throughout the hotel. The bath also worked great; everything was clean; the windows opened (I love sleeping with the windows open); there was a luggage rack (horray!) for my big green bag, and enough empty room for my stretching and exercises in the morning -- now that's a treat!

But we're not done yet. Climb back in to the elevators and hit the top floor, where there is a penthouse restaurant and bar. I ate there two nights in a row and the food was very, very tasty -- not Michelen star quality, but certainly better than the portion-controlled frozen crap they throw at you at American hotels. The staff was very welcoming and made me feel very confortable. Plus, after dinner I strolled onto the roof top, smoked a cigar and sipped a bit of whiskey while inspecting the ancient fortifications in the city below.

In general, unless you're there for the skiing or business, I don't know why you would go to Kayseri. But if you do, stop at the Hilton. It was Turkish hospitality at it's finest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains; they are stunning!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding your brief stay at Kayseri Hilton Hotel- they are very much appreciated! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any help with regards to your reservation please don't hesitate to contact me via the hotel!

Reviewed 22 March 2013

The Hilton Hotel in Kayseri, even though wearing 5 stars, seems to have somewhat to finetune.
The personel often does not speak English, hence forwarding you too the ones that actually do. This goes for the reception, bar & restauraunt. The hotel itself appears a bit worn, with unsealed windows ( i know, cause we had a storm ) that blow in the wind. Some rooms have clearly been smokers earlier, and are now camouflaged as non-smokers - however the odour of old cigaret smoke is still present in curtains & carpets.
Hotel's location is imminent, placed at the very heart of the city. With only 500meters to the biggest mall in the city, Kayseri Forum, it is a good choice for the city-going travellers. Beusiness travel is also higly suitable.
On 12th floor, there is a restaurant & bar, with a free view of the city square. You can enjoy a drink while doing work, or just sit in the night time and enjoy the view.

All in all, a descent hotel, but no WOW factor.

Room Tip: Get a room with the city square view - it's worth it.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback with regard to your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as this enables us to review and improve our service levels. My sincere apologies that there were a number of issues that impacted your stay. Necessarily departments have been spoken to regarding your issues while you were with us.

I must inform you that we have a renovation program and it is going to start soon and once again I am sorry that Kayseri Hilton did not meet your expectations. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee the reservation details.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel is located at the centre of the city, which is very convenient to access all places. If you can manage, get a room with the view of Erciyes mountain.

The room was spacious, clean and well-functioning and there is no major points to complain about. However, it lacks the wow factor of a 5-star hotel. Everything seems a bit tired.

The fact that you have to pay for wifi in the room is a downside.

Conference facilities are all very nice.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Kayseri and for your brief review. I was happy to read that overall you enjoyed your visit to the hotel.

I understand that you were not happy with wifi charge in your room, as an alternative, we have got the Business Centre available to access, and its open 24 hours and the lobby free-Wi-Fi connection.

Also I am very happy to inform you that renovation of the Hotel is going to start soon. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any help with regards to your reservation please don't hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Hotel is located in Kayseri's most central piazza. It must be an old Hotel. Looks quite dated. But it has an old charm to it as well. Main gate is oddly located in such a large building. Entrance is quite small, but belboy and vale runs for help immediately. Personel is excellent. Very helpful.

Although I like old Hilton's dark wood designs, rooms and equipment needs refurbishing, as well as window frames.

Absolutely excellent breakfast. Local dry meat "pastirma" with eggs are delicious. Freshly made in front of you. Personel makes sure that everything you expect are met, really great.

Famous Erciyes Mountain was covered with snow and my room was looking right to it. It was beautiful.

Not many places in Kayseri where one can hang out comfortably and drink as a family in the evening, but Hilton has a bar at top floor. There was live music; one guy with guitar. It was ok to listen and enjoy a cold beer.

Cannot beat the location of the hotel. Historic buildings, traditional restaurants are at walking distance and there is a very nice shopping center "Forum" with all worldly goodies such Starbucks, chain restaurants etc. which is just a few min by taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Mountain view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr Levent,

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback in regards to your recent stay at Kayseri Hilton Hotel. I am delighted that you have been warmly welcomed and checked in hotel by our friendly team upon your arrival.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast in the restaurant and had a chance to try our lovely Pastirma with eggs. Your comment about our breakfast staff at breakfast makes us smile and motivates our team.

At Roof Restaurant & Bar; there is live music almost everyday apart from Thursday&Sunday in the evening and while you are having your dinner, you can enjoy the view of Kayseri and listen the live music.

As you have mentioned that, Kayseri Hilton Hotel has the best location in the city and there are so many historical places you could visit easily therefore you could wake up with beautiful view of Erciyes mountain in the morning.

Also I am happy to share you that renovation of the Hotel is starting soon. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Reviewed 9 March 2013

The hotel is situated in the centre of Kayseri, next to a large mosque and close to a bazaar. My room had a view towards the mosque and the mountains, and I was stunned by the view the first morning when I opened the curtains. Those who have stayed in a hotel next to a mosque know that proximity means that morning prayer will be audible.

Service in the hotel was professional and efficient, and our conference participation of about 200 people were treated well. Even arrivals and departures of 60 people in a short time were handled well.

Gym equipment was in good condition and there were enough treadmills.

Recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent visit to Kayseri Hilton Hotel. We certainly try our best to exceed the expectations of all our guests. We really appreciate your sincere comments and are happy to know you appreciated the stunning location and breathtaking views surrounding Hilton

Reviewed 10 February 2013

I had never been in any Hilton property before but what I experienced impressed me very much. Although the building is a little tired, seems like hotel staff is doing quite okay to cover what is lacking from the building and fancy decor etc. with the excellent service and constantly smiling ladies and gentlemen. The size of the room was like any other 5-star property, furniture and the decoration in the room though looked a little tired, but very clean. Breakfast is served in a restaurant in mezz. floor accessible also via stairs from the lobby. Location would be another reason that you want to stay in Kayseri Hilton.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent visit to Kayseri Hilton Hotel - we really appreciate it and it really does make us all smile when we read such great comments! I do hope on your return visit you will have time to indulge in a dinner with a lovely view at Roof & Bar Restaurant.
If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind regards