“Hotel need to improve its cleanliness and maintenance”
Review of Hilton Kayseri

Ranked #2 of 37 Hotels in Kayseri
Miami Beach, Florida
“Hotel need to improve its cleanliness and maintenance”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Hilton Kayseri was disappointing. The service was acceptable and friendly. However the property is very poorly maintained. Air conditioning was not functioning correctly in rooms which had a terrible smell. Windows where stained and filthy. Sofa in the room had three large uncleaned stains. Towels old, stained and ripped. bathroom lights burny with only one four functioning

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank SimonSMB
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

First of all we would like to thak you for your valuable feedback, some of our rooms does have an old look and therefore we are under renovation since July, we will be opening our first three floors during October, meanwhile we will be more than happy to welcome you and get your valuable feedbacks and opinions about our new rooms.

The old look makes a negative impression and we are aware of the conditions. We would like to apologize about your bad experience and inform you that we have taken all necessary actions with our related management team in order to avoid this kind of situations in our property.

Wish to welcome you back soon

Serpil Guney
Hilton Kayseri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rockville, MD
Reviewed 9 July 2013

As a loyal Hilton Diamond member we booked our stay at the Hilton Kayseri for our first night in the area. The people at the reception desk were extremely nice and helpful. We were upgraded to a very large junior suite. However, considering we paid approximately $200 for the night, the room need an urgent refurbishment. I'm not sure if there is a problem with water in the Kayseri area, but the toilet had nasty dark stains and when we opened the shower the next morning, we had to let the water run for about 15 minutes for it to clear, because it was very muddy. I'm not sure if this may be because the room and facilities are not used frequently, but for the cost, I would expect it to be in better shape.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CGriffiths
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Dear C Griffiths,

First of all we would like to thank you for your valuable feedback. It is highly appreciated and considered seriously. We would like to inform you that we are currently in a renovation process and refurbishing three floors as a first phase, we are expecting to finish the total refurbishment until June 2014. The water in the area does have a lot of calc regarding to the inactive volcanic Mount Erciyes, the mud comes along with it, we do filter it in our systems but due to a technichal issue on the day of your stay we have experienced some mud in our pipelines, we wish to welcome you on your next trip with our renovated rooms.

Serpil Guney
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I travel a lot in hard-to-reach corners of the world. Turkey as I planned this business trip to the tram system of Kaysery. So trust me when I say, I was very pleasantly surpised by the town and the hotel.

Kayseri is an ancient city, with roots going back at least 5,000 years. It is backdropped by the massive, snow-capped Erciyes mountain. For centuries Kayseri was an important trading stop on the Silk Road to China and the same history about Roman trade Massive fortifications and mosques dot the city . But for the past 600 years or so, things have been pretty quiet.

The Hilton itself is a massive, imposing hotel about ten minutes from the airport and dead-center in the heart of the city and just in front of tram station

in the mezzanine .floor you can find a common room with free connection, computer and printer free of charge

Climb into the elevator for your trip to your room, and this was the big surprise: the hallways are spacious enough to land a Boeing. The woodwork is old and polished; the lighting is subdued; everywhere there is a feeling of great times just slightly passed. Electrical outlets for the computerswere available on top of the desk, The wifi worked great throughout the hotel. The bath also worked great; everything was clean; the windows opened
But we're not done yet. Climb back in to the elevators and hit the top floor, where there is a penthouse restaurant and bar. I ate there two nights in a row and the food was very, very tasty -- not Michelen star quality, but certainly better than the portion-controlled frozen crap they throw at you at American hotels. The staff was very welcoming and made me feel very confortable. Plus, after dinner I strolled onto the roof top, smoked a cigar and sipped a bit of whiskey or beer while inspecting the ancient fortifications in the city below.

In general, unless you're there for the skiing or business, I don't know why you would go to Kayseri. But if you do, stop at the Hilton and ask to reception for a trip around the Cappadocia, you can rent also a car with driver

Consiglio sulle camere: Ask for a room with a view of the Moschee they are stunning in the night!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank salvo p
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent visit to Kayseri Hilton Hotel. We certainly try our best to exceed the expectations of all our guests. We really appreciate your sincere comments and are happy to know you appreciated the stunning location and breathtaking views surrounding Hilton

dubai
Reviewed 26 April 2013

When I looked that the photos on Tripadvisor - it looked a lot like a modern multi-story cruise liner. In fact, it's my first ever stay in a Hilton - so I was doubly-excited - a Hilton cruise in Kayseri to look forward to? In fact, it is not at all exciting. The 9th floor had an unwelcoming, darkish corridor to walk down, and the room had a 1970's feel - not a period piece, just jaded. 5 stars without any flair (or free wifi) at all. The shower is poor, the bathroom with cracked tiles and dimly lit (to match the corridor?). Breakfast was an ordeal. Firstly to find it (A-floor, not Floor 8) meant a 5 minute wait for the elevator - and a longer wait for a table to sit at for breakfast. In sum, there's something just not quite right about this hotel. It has seen better days - but I wonder if it has learned any lessons from them. My work colleague stayed at the excellent Novohotel - a not nearly as expensive - brighter, more 2013 value(s) hotel. Next time - that's where I'll be asking my company to book my stay.

Room Tip: Insist on free wifi - every other 4 and 5 star hotel I've stayed at - has it.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank deeveedubai
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for the feedback with regard to your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as this enables us to review and improve our service levels. My sincere apologies that there were a number of issues that impacted your stay. I must inform you that we have a renovation program and it is going to start in late June. Regarding Wi-Fi connection in room, there is a charge in your room however as an alternative, there is a Business Centre available 24 hours to access at the lobby area for free internet connectivity. Once again I am sorry that Kayseri Hilton did not meet your expectations.
Schwelm, Germany
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Quite old fashioned hotel and the rooms interior should be renewed..... The breakfast ist top and the rooms quite big. Old, but good quality. Be careful: close to a mosquee, so close the window. If not not you will have a noisy wake up call ;-))

1 Thank Suilian
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Kayseri Hilton Hotel on your recent stay in Kayseri. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in Kayseri. I am happy to inform you that we are going to start a refurbishment program for all rooms in June and I hope you had a chance to enjoy the view of lovely Erciyes mountain at Kale Roof&Bar restaurant.

Constant Traveller
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I travel a lot in hard-to-reach corners of the world, and my expectations were pretty low about Kayseri, Turkey as I planned this business trip to the "fiber optic capital" of Turkey. So trust me when I say, I was very pleasantly surpised by the town and the hotel.

Kayseri is an ancient city, with roots going back at least 5,000 years. It is backdropped by the massive, snow-capped Erciyes mountain range, which offers skiing and other winter sports. For centuries Kayseri was an important trading stop on the Silk Road to China. Massive fortifications and mosques dot the city (see photos). But for the past 600 years or so, things have been pretty quiet.

The Hilton itself is a massive, imposing hotel about ten minutes from the airport and dead-center in the heart of the city. My guess is that it was built by another company and Hilton acquired it somehow, because it feels old, and slightly worn, and certainly has a different style than other Hiltons you have seen. That said, it is a thoroughly loveable old lady, and I'd recommend it to anybody. It claims to be a five-star hotel, which I think is a bit of a stretch, but it is certainly a fine lodging and supports the Hilton reputation very nicely.

The lobby is large, spacious, with a high vaulted ceiling and a very good coffee bar. Breakfast is on the mezzanine floor, and the food was tasty and the variety was fine. There was a cooking station set up to make omelets and such, but on both days I was there nobody was staffing that post, so it was back to the buffet for sloppy scrambled eggs and such. (I mostly ate the fruit and the cheese bar.) One unhappy note: they have awful coffee in the restaurant; which is a shame because the girl in the lobby made fabulous lattes.

Climb into the elevator for your trip to your room, and this was the big surprise: the hallways are spacious enough to land a Boeing. The woodwork is old and polished; the lighting is subdued; everywhere there is a feeling of great times just slightly passed. The rooms (at least mine) was positively gargantuan (see photos). Electrical outlets for the computers and iPad were available on top of the desk, so I didn't have to crawl under the furniture to recharge the batteries. The wifi worked great throughout the hotel. The bath also worked great; everything was clean; the windows opened (I love sleeping with the windows open); there was a luggage rack (horray!) for my big green bag, and enough empty room for my stretching and exercises in the morning -- now that's a treat!

But we're not done yet. Climb back in to the elevators and hit the top floor, where there is a penthouse restaurant and bar. I ate there two nights in a row and the food was very, very tasty -- not Michelen star quality, but certainly better than the portion-controlled frozen crap they throw at you at American hotels. The staff was very welcoming and made me feel very confortable. Plus, after dinner I strolled onto the roof top, smoked a cigar and sipped a bit of whiskey while inspecting the ancient fortifications in the city below.

In general, unless you're there for the skiing or business, I don't know why you would go to Kayseri. But if you do, stop at the Hilton. It was Turkish hospitality at it's finest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the mountains; they are stunning!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
serpil_guney, General Manager at Hilton Kayseri, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for such wonderful comments regarding your brief stay at Kayseri Hilton Hotel- they are very much appreciated! I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and if I can be of any help with regards to your reservation please don't hesitate to contact me via the hotel!
Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 22 March 2013

The Hilton Hotel in Kayseri, even though wearing 5 stars, seems to have somewhat to finetune.
The personel often does not speak English, hence forwarding you too the ones that actually do. This goes for the reception, bar & restauraunt. The hotel itself appears a bit worn, with unsealed windows ( i know, cause we had a storm ) that blow in the wind. Some rooms have clearly been smokers earlier, and are now camouflaged as non-smokers - however the odour of old cigaret smoke is still present in curtains & carpets.
Hotel's location is imminent, placed at the very heart of the city. With only 500meters to the biggest mall in the city, Kayseri Forum, it is a good choice for the city-going travellers. Beusiness travel is also higly suitable.
On 12th floor, there is a restaurant & bar, with a free view of the city square. You can enjoy a drink while doing work, or just sit in the night time and enjoy the view.

All in all, a descent hotel, but no WOW factor.

Room Tip: Get a room with the city square view - it's worth it.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback with regard to your recent stay. We appreciate all feedback as this enables us to review and improve our service levels. My sincere apologies that there were a number of issues that impacted your stay. Necessarily departments have been spoken to regarding your issues while you were with us.

I must inform you that we have a renovation program and it is going to start soon and once again I am sorry that Kayseri Hilton did not meet your expectations. I do hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee the reservation details.