See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We visited this depressing place as part of a RSD tour of the area. We were forced to stay here for 3 nights and brought to mind a Eastern Bloc Hotel from the 1950's.
The whole place is stuck in a time warp and it is filthy.
We arrived in the evening after a long day travelling from Antalya, and my wife and I could not believe the state of the place. The room we were given was dark and there was a pile of salt in the middle of the bathroom covering up an old plumbing fitting. When I leant over the bath to turn on the shower, the wall handle fell off and I fell into the cast iron bath. I took the handle down to reception and they assured me that they would bring me a new one!!! The fact that it had fallen off the wall was missed all together. As I was soaking in the bath, I noticed that the paint (yes dear reader...the paint) started to peel off the inside of the bath!! The hotel was so desperate to try to clean the room up, that they had given the bath a coat of white gloss paint (badly)
I removed a few lengths of paint and, once again, took them to reception. Shrugged shoulders was the response.
The indoor pool was cold and dark, but being a resourceful chap, I found the fuse box and got three lights to flicker on.
The sauna was closed for 'repair' so my wife and I had a traditional Turkish Bath...well, after we paid cash at reception and waited for the marble slabs to warm up.
Like most of the tourist places we visited, everyone hates their own currency (Turkish Lira) and for some reason only accepts Euros. This hotel in no exception and we had to ask for conversions on all transactions. The waiters were unfriendly and, in the main bloody rude!
The lifts were filthy, the room was filthy and barely cleaned each day (they left all used glasses for three days and the bed was not made on the final evening) the lighting was terrible and the food was recycled every day in another (badly disguised) form.
The owners had obviously tried to improve the place but did not have any money, so they just painted everything in site, hoping no one would notice. It did not work.
it is the obsession in Turkey to replace every light fitting with something that gives off about 5 amps. and this hotel is no exception. If you want to shave, be sure you have a good memory for faces, you will need it!
If you want to know what the hotel used to look like, look at their brochure, it is light years out of date.
We hated the Altinos and, had it not been for the good humour of our fellow guests, it would have ruined our holiday.
Make sure it does not ruin yours, book elsewhere....anywhere!

Room Tip: Bring dust pan and brush along with vacuum cleaner, a tool kit, a torch, 4x60watt light bulbs, disinfectant,'Windowlene' and a bath plug. Oh, I nearly forgot, a paint brush and a tin of white 'bath' paint.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank silkpurseHighclere
Reviewed 10 April 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. The front desk manager Mr. Ramazan was very helpful and very kind.
The hotel is located in the city center. Walking distance to everything. Shopping center, mall, bus station, …. Room was big. Bathroom clean. Shower not very comfortable. I would have preferred the telephone type. Wi fi in bedrooms poor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank marianna g
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Three nights stay. Room was adequate but looked like not cleaned properly. Breakfast and dinner was repetitive but you could almost always sure to like some dishes. The lobby has free Wi-Fi which was good but reception in the room was terrible. Reception staff were very friendly and helpfulIt is a good base to visit Cappadocia sites which were really amazing.Pigeon valley. Uchisar. Goreme. Cavusin we coulnt have enough of the faiy chimneys . Good value as part of RSD Tour.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here late November/early December as part of a RSD Travel tour. Depressing decor in rooms and dining room although the bar area was slightly more cheerful.
Room overlooked stret and was exceedingly noisy from traffic and adjoining rooms.
The bed was terrible, rock hard and the linen seemed not to have been rinsed as was stiff and irritating. I woke with redn sore skin all three mornings. The duvet cover contained an old blue
blanket, no duvet.
Towels also appeared to have not been rinsed after washing but this just added to the gloom of a bathroom where the toilet roll holder constantly fell off the wall, hairs lurked in corners, the basin appeared grubby and lighting was poor.
Breakfast was acceptable but evening meal was dull and unapetising with a very limited choice of hot food and deserts.
Bar prices were reasonable but paid over £2.00 for a small cup of warm water and a small sachet of Nescafe.
The telephone in one of the glass lifts was hanging off by its flex.
Service was surly.
Hope never to go back here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ruthhuston
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel was used as one of the stopovers on a bus tour I took with friends last week. Considering the price we paid for the whole trip it was good, not outstanding. The rooms were comfortable and clean and the food was good. The distances to the various sites such as Goreme were not far. If one walked out of the hotel and turned right till the main road you would find shops and a bank. In the square where the hotel is there is a good pastry shop. All in all a good hotel for a bus tour not luxury but it did have a cold pool somewhere in the building. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends