“Great restaurant at museum hotel”
Review of Lil'a Restaurant

Lil'a Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 33 Restaurants in Uchisar
Price range: US$30 - US$90
Cuisines: Barbecue, Turkish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Lil’a is the à la carte restaurant of Museum Hotel, the only Relais & Châteaux hotel in Turkey, bringing the best recipes of Turkish cuisine, along with those special, almost forgotten traditional tastes of Anatolia and Cappadocia, and served with impeccable service to its guests. Situated in the most beautiful and scenic location of Cappadocia, and with its menus enriched by the creative suggestions of Chef Çağrı Erdoğan, one of the most successful chefs of the new generation in Turkey, Lil’a offers the most distinct interpretations of Anatolian cuisine and Cappadocia food culture with the assurance of the world-renowned Relais & Châteaux service quality.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great restaurant at museum hotel”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Lila's restaurant is in the Museum Hotel at Uchisar, Cappadocia.
The food is very good, the maitre d' hotel and the waiter very attentious and well trained professionals
Highly recommended to have dinner

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Wilson S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
“Heavenly dining”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Set in the Museum Hotel Relais & Chateaux, this restaurant provides a setting of immense attention to details as one would expect. The grounds are manicured so outside dining is just amazing and I'm not even talking about the great view. Inside, you will find an equally pleasing environment; it will hard to choose where to sit.
The dishware is refined so are the glasses. The food quality and taste was very good, the meat adequately cooked. They have their own organic gardens.
The presentation remains classic but pleasing. By far our best dining experience in Cappadocia!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank francoisloubert
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average food at fairly high prices”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at the Museum Hotel, which is quite lovely, and decided to have dinner in the Lil'a Restaurant on my second night there. I must say, it was a decidedly disappointing experience. I chose a few smaller appetizer dishes for dinner, since I'm vegetarian and there were no choices available for entrees. The food was hit or miss - the handmade noodles with walnuts and local cheese was absolutely delicious - perhaps the best dish of its kind that I've ever had. The "salad with grilled haloumi cheese and walnuts" was a deep bowl of boring greens with 3 - yes 3 - measly walnut halves and 3 tiny slices of grilled haloumi cheese on top.

Service: As a middle aged woman (celebrating my 50th birthday), perhaps my experience was less than other travelers (couples that included men), but it was not what I expected from a Relais & Château hotel. To start, my table was the only table on which the candle was not lit upon being seated. (I lit it myself.) For my salad, I asked for dressing on the side, which seemed to flummox the wait staff. In fact, after receiving my (disappointing) salad, the waiter stood there as I chose a decanter with pomegranate sauce, sprinkled it on my salad greens, then put it back on the dressing tray. Before I even had a chance to choose an oil, the waiter grabbed the dressing tray and returned to the bar with it. Perhaps they were concerned that I would choose TWO components of salad dressing? I was so taken aback by this, that I didn't bother to call after her and ask her to return. The bread. Oh, the bread. It was dry and awful. And this is TURKEY, where any restaurant would be ashamed - even the worst hole-in-the-wall - to serve day-old bread. But not Lil'a. I mentioned that the bread seemed stale, and the head waiter admitted that it was yesterday's bread. He called the bread server over, who now brought a basket of fresh, warm bread, from which I was doled out a tiny 2-inch piece. Then the bread server departed, never again to return to my table. I suppose that they were conserving the fresh bread for more deserving customers... After having had to wave down the staff for the 3rd time to ask for my water to be refreshed, the water server rolled her eyes as she poured. Yes... rolled her eyes. As the wait staff stood gabbing in a group on the other side of the room with their backs to the customers, I imagine that they had better things to do than to ensure that their customers were happy. As you can imagine, the surly service absolutely ruined what might have been a pleasant dinner by a window overlooking the lovely Goreme valley.

In a country where hospitality is valued, fresh bread is the norm, and water flows for the parched tourists, this restaurant was a horrible disappointment. I did not return to this restaurant for the rest of my stay, although I was staying at the hotel itself, but chose to go around the corner to the fabulous Sira. It's worth the 3 minute walk, for the service, ambience, and delicious food (and fresh bread and bottomless water glasses). Not only that, you will not have to pay outrageous sums of money for the privilege of being ignored or disrespected.

• Visited June 2014
6 Thank Spiderette86
New York City, New York
“Restaurant Lil'a at the Museum Hotel”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I did not stay at this hotel, however, because of the Relais & Chateaux rating, I dined there one evening while in Cappadocia. This is white glove service, beautiful decor, luxurious dining the way one would expect from a such a highly world rated restaurant. There are no complaints from the promptness of the service, to the privacy given and the taste of the appetizers, salad, and even the wine was paired quite nicely. But, for the distinguished rating it has, I expected more from my entree- a lamb stew. The lamb was dry and over cooked. My companion's meal was delicious and just right. We ordered and shared a chocolate volcano cake that was also on the dry side. When it was time to pay the bill, the credit card machine was offline and we had to scramble to pay the bill with cash. Again, I expect more from a Relais & Chateaux dining experience.

1 Thank Elsie F
Medfield, Massachusetts
“Great restaurant”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel and ate their one night and enjoyed it very much. The staff are wonderful and the views are amazing. Make a reservation so you can have a table by a window. Wonderful!

Visited May 2014