My family was on a trip to Cappadocia and we were hoping to stay at one of Capadocia's high end resorts (Either Capadocia Cave Resort or Argos). "Unfortunately" they were reserved. Then I found Taskonaklar and figured we'd give it a shot.
I will admit I was guilty of price association. As Taskonaklar was significantly less expensive than Argos or CCR, I went there assuming it wouldn't be anything special. But boy was I wrong!
The rooms had so much character and the bathrooms were well appointed and very modern (the only thing that really needs to be modern really). The views were breathtaking.
Every morning we were treated to a fantastic breakfast. Cooked fresh every morning by the hotel staff themselves.
What really made this place stand out however was the customer service. It was amongst the best customer service I have ever received, anywhere.
The hotel staff was extremely responsive and attentive. They were very friendly and made us feel like no request was too big. They'd deliver food during off-hours, make reservations for us, etc.
The highlight of their customer service was towards the end of our trip. My mother pulled a ligament in her knee and needed to go to the hospital. There were two people working the reception that day. Upon finding out about her injury:
- Both staff members dropped everything they were doing
- Drove my mother to the local hospital in the hotel shuttle
- Stayed with my mother and family for the entire morning during our hotel visit. They helped throughout. Helping translate, move things, call people, etc. It was amazing.
- Moved our room for an additional day at no additional cost to a room with fewer stairs to better accomodate my mother.
All in all, one of the most spectacular displays of hospitality I have ever seen. I've been telling anyone and everyone who goes to Cappadocia to go to this hotel. Its well furnished, amazingly friendly, and extremely well priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taskonaklar was built in respect with the nature and history. Every stone, every arch, every old chimney was preserved while Taskonaklar was brought to life. That’s why not one room is similar to another and each room has its own character, where simplicity is blended with comfort.You start your day with an amazing home-made open buffet breakfast with home-made jams, freshly baked pastries and cakes, various cheeses and much more. Within five minutes of walk from Taskonaklar lies a valley that will take you to another world. You are now actually a part of the amazing scenery you were watching from the terrace of your room; the Pigeon Valley... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Taskonaklar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taskonaklar Cappadocia/Uchisar, Turkey