“Excellent experience with the professional polit”

Cihangiroglu Balloons
Ranked #8 of 16 things to do in Uchisar
Taipei, Taiwan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent experience with the professional polit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2013

We had a perfect flight with the polit who called Can Ahmet.He was so professional that we can even landed on the truck! Very excited,and so unforgettable! I strongly recommend this company,also this cute polit - Can Ahmet :)

Visited May 2013

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Perfect Flight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

We flew with Cihangiroglu balloons on March 16th and had a wonderful experience. We were with a tour but I booked it separately on line.The weather was doubtful at first, but we were able to go up. The price was reasonable, pick up was right on time from our hotel. There were only 8 people on our flight so my husband and I had a space to ourselves. Our pilot, Mehmet did a marvelous job and pointed out highlights. Others who went up, with another balloon company, from our tour group experienced a hard landing but ours was perfect. The crew really was very efficient. Our thanks to them for such a unique experience. The fairy chimneys and houses in the rock were fascinating.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank MLBJ
Volcano, Hawaii
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Mastery at the Helm wıth Pilot Alparstan Utuer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

After an early morning wake up at my Cave Hotel, and the cheery driver took me to the Balloon field. There everyone assembles with hot tea and biscuits, while watching the surreal scene of these behemoth airships inflate like great whales on the desertified landscape. I have been on a Balloon ride on a different trip to Turkey, and it occurred to me that perhaps it is unnatural to be in a wıcker and nylon craft propelled by fıre. İ was quite honestly terrified the first go round, however İ was rewarded with the most amazing photographs İ have ever taken, so İ was willing to risk life and limb again.
The balloon is divided into 4 sections, 5 persons per section with a slender middle part for the gas and the Pilot. İts a bit of a clamber to get inş but with help from the indispensable ground crew, its no problem. İmmediately İ experienced that ,"what the heck were you thinking?!" feeling again. This time I was questioning my judgement, especially when İ saw this young Pilot. The cool morning air was quickly warmed by the intermittent bursts of flame and soon we were silently gliding over the stupendous Cappadocian landscape. İ mention this pilot Alparstan Utuer. by name because he was expert! We dipped down into canyons and arose high to reveal the surreal landscape. Truly, İ felt safe and took the most amazing photos which İ will post. The crew follows the balloon and the Pilot landed in a fallow field with the slightest thump. After deflating the balloon, champagne and fruit juice are offered and everyone makes a toast.
Do TIP the crew in the tip box as they are just as ımportant as the Pilot inflating the balloon and insuring a safe landing with radio communications with the Pilot. İ really do hope to return and to take Cihangiroglu Balloon again!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank ArcherKelly
Canberra
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Not recommended. Can do better for €120”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I went on a balloon ride with this company on 13 June 2012 and would NOT recommend it for people who want a well-organised ride, however, if you are looking for a thrill, then give them a try. Why? Firstly, the pickup was a shambles with the driver arriving 20mins early (according to the time the hotel gave me - also every other pickup was way too early for the baloon riders). The driver did not have my name and could not verify that I was who he had come to pickup until he rang his boss. The same thing occured at every other pickup.

We arrived at the launch site and were hurried onboard for lift-off so we did not have time for coffee but grabbed a biscuit on the run. Lift-off and safety instructions went smoothly and we were on our way. Most of the ride was great and the pilot told us what landmarks were below. We stayed well clear of other balloons and everything looked to be going smoothly. However, near the end of the ride we came to within less than a metre from the top of a fairy cone which was exciting and we brushed the tops of trees. Approaching the lip of the valley, near the landing area, we were still very low and residents in the houses below were angrily waving fists and shouting. A Turkish passenger next to me said the residents were shouting why do always come so close! As we neared the lip we were still quite low and the burner was roaring as the pilot tried to gain enough altitude to clear the lip. Unfortunately, the basket just clipped the lip and we only had a second or so to assume the crash position. The basket lurched violently and a couple of passengers were lightly injured. One appeared to have knocked his nose? and was bleeding a bit while another woman said she had knocked up her knee. Most people in the baloon (myself included) were light hearted about the incident but a couple of people appeared shaken. I payed €120 for a truly memorably experience but would certainly not fly with this operator again.

9 Thank Blu_Rock
New Zealand
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip to Turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

We had fantastic trip with Cihangiroglu balloons it was a stunning morning flight over Cappadoccia the ballon just drifts up so there is no sense of being up high spectacular views and with another 64 balloons in the air fantastic photos. The pilot was skilled and landed the ballon almost on the trailer - high recommended.

Visited May 2012