“Turkish Delight!”
Review of Sakli Konak

Sakli Konak
Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Uchisar
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Sakli Konak is a great place to stay -- the owner was so gracious, the rooms were clean and spacious in a historic stone building and the breakfast was a perfect start to the day. The owner was very generous with his time, helping to plan our short time in Cappadocia so we could see all the highlights. If ever in the area, I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bbminn
There are newer reviews for Sakli Konak

Reviewed 2 April 2014

My two daughters, myself, and a friend visited the area for a little less than 48 hours (two nights at Sakli Konak)). It was wonderful! Riza sat down and talked with us about what we would like to see. He then proceeded to draw out a map highlighting the must see and arrange transportation for the first day (a taxi). If we hadn't have had that, there is now way we would have seen all that we did. We used a bus to get home the first day and buses the second day. Our rooms were very comfortable, clean, and had a unique atmosphere - loved the stone, spaciousness, and the local decor. The breakfast was wonderful! So delicious and so much attention paid to detail - it's not very often I take a picture of a breakfast, but I did this one. We gathered back up in the dinning area in the evening and were served tea. For being on a tight schedule, it was all very relaxing. I would highly recommend Sakli Konak!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Trish R
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Sakli Konak was a charming little hotel. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly. When we arrived, we had a general idea of the sights we wanted to see, but didn't know the best way to accomplish everything. Riza sat us down the first morning, drew us a map, and helped arrange transportation. Without his help, we would have missed some wonderful sights. Each morning we had a full Turkish breakfast. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kate241005
Reviewed 24 March 2014

An amazing hotel. Beautiful and clean rooms with very original bathrooms. Riza and his wife were so helpful. Riza is from the local area so he planned everything for us, he draw us a map, he took us with him, such an amazing owner believe me, our room was a double standard but we we got there he upgrade ours to the deluxe one include your own Turkish bath, I extremely recommend this hotel. It has everything in one nice food, nice company, warm atmosphere and the best of all good price!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LinitaBonita
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is such a great little hotel. Beautiful clean rooms with very chic bathrooms. Riza and all his staff were so helpful. Riza speaks great English and is from the local area so he we able to help plan where to go. He was also able to Taylor our breakfast to our tastes. If you want to do a bar-b-que he can help you with that also. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Wi-if in the rooms is not always reliable do the the stones, but upstairs in the breakfast room and...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teaspoon67
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Amazing room with a Turkish bath, rich and excellent breakfast, very warm householders...
It was my birthday and Saklı Konak makes it unforgettable for us.
Dearest hosts Mr. Rıza and Mrs Gökçe were so helpful, even they drew us a simple map that we used for 3 days.
Highly recomended for a romantic, silent and unforgettable destination.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ceylan a
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This was a wonderful boutique hotel with 5 star accommodations at 2 star prices. It was so beautiful and perfect I didn't want to leave. Riza took such great care of me, booking tours for me, shuttles to and from the airport, any and everything I needed, he was right there. He even booked a last minute hot air balloon ride for me, at a fraction of the cost the tour companies were asking online. I emailed him quite a bit before I arrived and he always responded immediately. I felt like I was a part of the family right from the start. The breakfast was enormous, the coffee plentiful and delicious, I ate dinner there both nights because the food was so good and I felt comfortable as a single woman traveler, it felt like I was hanging out with friends. The room itself was so elegant and modern but with the stone walls and character of the area. The shower was hot and the water pressure great, like an "American" shower, something a little rare in Turkey at the less expensive places. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel, wonderful stay, great location, more authentic, quiet, out of the tourist fray of Goreme, which was a quick taxi ride away.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Bambi049
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uchisar
Divan Cave House
#1 of 78 in Goreme
Taskonaklar
Taskonaklar
#6 of 30 in Uchisar

Been to Sakli Konak? Share your experiences!