“A gem in Urgup Turkey”

Ziggy's Shoppe & Cafe
Ranked #5 of 95 Restaurants in Urgup
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Have been at Ziggy's the last two evenings, why you ask, because the service and food are extraordinary. The pictures of the food on the website do not do it justice. Would recommend if you are in the Cappadocia area you make it a point to seek this gem out.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Go with the prix fix menu and you will not be disappointed. Great food and it's not a touristy trap. Authentic dishes and lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My first visit to Ziggy's Cafe in Urgup (Cappadocia) Turkey was in the summer of 2007. My first recollection of the restaurant was one of a kind gastronomy experience with an amazingly delicious food and great hospitality and service. In 2007, Ziggy's was just opened and I was traveling with high-ranking administrators and faculty members from my university. All of us had a great experience and wonderful memories of Ziggy's Cafe. In my recent trip to Turkey in April 2014, I was traveling with a different group of administrators and faculty members and I had no hesitation to invite them to this restaurant. Although 7 years passed since my first visit to this restaurant, everything was as I remembered them: amazingly delicious Turkish food with a great touch of the owner and the cook, impeccable service with all the attentions to the details, wonderful atmosphere and one-of-a-kind gastronomy experience.

We were four adults and one very picky young traveler who is 11 years old. We ordered different appetizers as starters then the owner, Nuray Yuksel suggested a special chicken dish, Ziggy Potatoes, and a special liver dish. My guests were not sure about the liver dish first because they never had liver before but when they tasted it they couldn't stop themselves and they finished the entire plate. The 11-year old boy who traveled with us was very picky about his food throughout our trip in Turkey until he tasted the Ziggy's chicken :-). Even days after we left Turkey, he kept talking about the delicious chicken he had at Ziggy's Cafe. We tired local white and red wines recommended by the Ziggy's staff and they were perfect.

Our trip to Cappadocia was a day trip from Ankara, it was a very long day but on the way back from Cappadocia, the only topic was the delicious foods we had in Ziggy's cafe.

I traveled in more than 40 countries and I tried so many different restaurants but Ziggy's Cafe is one restaurant that I would go back every single time. This restaurant definitely makes my top 5 restaurants and I highly recommend to everyone without any reservation.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We were told it's the best food in Urgup and Ziggy's didn't disappoint. A delightful rustic atmosphere, complete with open balcony upstairs, each dish was distinctly Turkish yet uniquely Ziggy.
Named for the owner's pet dog (sadly no longer with us) there's a sense of fun here too. Take the black and white Scottish Terrier salt and pepper shakers, for example.
Hidden away downstairs is a fabulous crafty den with locally made pieces unlike anything you'll find in the ubiquitous souvenir stands.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We picked to eat at this restaurant after reading all the good reviews and we weren't disappointed. We chose a mere menu and felt like we had a true taste of Turkey. Everything was delicious - even the liver which I would normally avoid. The service was excellent as well. On the down side, this was by far our most expensive meal in Turkey but if you don't mind paying a bit extra then Ziggy's is a great choice.