“Extremely Nice Hotel, Absolutely Exceptional Management”

Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel
Ranked #29 of 69 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at the Dedeli Konak and could not have been more pleased with my experience. First, the hotel is very clean, well managed, and the rooms are nice and comparable to anything in the area, (by which I mean they are all carved out of the same volcanic ash so pretty much all have the same structure). The hotel also has a very nice second floor landing/patio, which is a great place to surf wifi and meet other travelers. But what really set apart my experience there was the owner/manager Yilmaz Ibrahim. He was great at all the usual stuff, booking tours, etc., but I ran into a personal problem there and he went way above and beyond the call of duty to help me. I was traveling by motorcycle. On my last day I took a balloon tour, (his personalized wake up call also included a motivational speech when I told him to just let me sleep in and I'd pay for it), with the plan of getting back early and getting ahead of the weather. I was set to leave, and I noticed my driver's license was missing. I told him I thought I might have dropped it at the restaurant where we had breakfast before the balloon ride. He called the company and checked, and while they were looking, he and his employee tore apart my room searching for it for me. We had no luck with either. He asked what I intended to do, and I said I guess I would just have to ride without a license. He suggested he call the motorcycle rental place, (hundreds of miles away), and have them fax a copy of my license over, and it took him 3 tries, but he finally got it for me. Then, he suggested I go to the local police station and inform them so that they could write something on it explaining what happened, so if I was pulled over I'd have more validation. He then offer, basically insisted on walking over there with me, so that I would have someone that could speak Turkish and better explain the situation. So he went and spent nearly 90 minutes there. All in all, I'd say he took at least 3 hours of his day to go out of his way to help me, (when I was already checked out an leaving no less). Comically, we weren't 200 feet from leaving the police station when his cell phone rang. It was the restaurant telling him they found my license. So he then gave me excellent directions to the restaurant, (I'm not great at paying attention when riding in a van at 4 a.m.). And he basically saved me huge trouble because I was pulled over for speeding within an hour of leaving town. All in all I could not have had a better experience. They say the Turks are some of the nicest and most hospitable in the world, but Yilmaz is exceptionally nice and hospitable even by Turkish standards. Thanks very much for a great experience Mr. Ibrahim.

Room Tip: Comically I wound up in the honeymoon suite which was terrfic, but as I said, I don't think you...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jon S

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights in July. The room was fantastic big with a large bathroom. The neighborhood does not look nice but the people are nice and it is close to the center of town about 7 minutes walk. FARUK was the best catering to all our needs and his wife made us the best omelet of our live. When we were there they were renovated all the rooms on the ground floor.
Don't be afraid to go.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very nice cave hotel, with amazing staff. We were welcomed very late at night, and it was wonderful. The room is big, with cable tv, fridge and an amazing private bathroom. It was a magical stay in Cappadocia. I recommended 100%.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Very nice cave hotel, super nice staff. Ready to help with everyone. I love the little court yard and the beautiful flowers. There is even a place to hang your cloth under the sun. Colorful cloth pins on the cloth line is just such a homey sign. I am very surprised with the little hotel my travel agency booked for me. (One nation).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My family and I travelled to Istanbul and Cappodochia on a short, but most memorable and magical trip to Turkey, thanks to Yuki tours. They were very efficient, and had every step of the holiday planned to perfection to remove the hassle and bustle of travelling in a foreign country.
The hotel in Cappodochia, Dedeli Konak far exceeded our expectations. The rooms were large, beautifully decorated, the food delicious, and Faruk and Ibrahim attended to our every need! It was like living in luxury, but with the very warm hospitality of a home that added that magical touch to our trip.

I will definitely be back, and can't wait for the day!

Nashentha

Room Tip: The rooms have all recently been renovated and are all beautiful.
2  Thank Nashentha M
Reviewed 26 July 2013

As the title suggests this was my third stay at Dedeli Konak. Each year has shown improvements with new beds, new windows, more rooms, new furniture, new carpets, and the same great hospitality as always. Mr. Ibrahim and Mr. Faruk and their families are always so very kind to me. Breakfast is always delicious made by the generous Mrs. and I love looking into Urgup Valley as the sun rises and sets. Plans are in the making to expand upward with the kitchen and a new room up top and Mr Faruk is always so kind to let me shoot the sunset from the "roof" which is really the mountain top as it is a true cave hotel. From this point you can see the weather rolling in and out of the Valley and the distant hills and valleys with fairy chimneys. Gorgeous!
I have been lucky enough to sleep in the "honeymoon" suite each time. It has a spacious jacuzzi bath and shower, towel warmers and it is always spotlessly clean. The towels are rough and clean smelling and the bedding is always super fresh. This year I had a brand new bed and for some reason I always have the absolute best sleeps at Dedeli Konak. Mrs. decorates the room with comfortable furniture and there is a small fireplace with comfortable chairs and table. The bed has a great quilt and there is a small fridge and desk and a long divan to read on.
They are improving the first floor room to include windows and I was fascinated seeing the way a cave room is expanded. This process does involve power tools but the noise never bothered me. There are open stone stairs to climb to the 4 various floors but the first floor room next to reception is certainly wheel-chair accessible. I enjoy walking into the village in the evening for suppers and I never feel in danger as a solo female. This year the cherry and apricot trees were fruiting and the landscape very fresh and green. I will be back again to stay at Dedeli Konak if I am lucky. A truly sweet Cave hotel with an honestly good family ownership.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank ArcherKelly
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My family and I had a great experience in Turkey. We booked our two weeks tour with Yuki tours and it was all a success. Cappadocia was wonderful; the hotel has very nice with spacious rooms and comfortable beds. My kids and nephews were happy with the internet and TV services. The staff was all the time ready to help and ensuring transportation was always ready for our daily tours and transfer from and to the airport.

1  Thank Fernando C