“Great cave hotel”

Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel
Ranked #28 of 69 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 24 October 2010

On a spontaneous trip to Cappadocia, we took a night flight and arrived in Kayseri at 1:30am, our transfer guy phoned the hotel so when we arrived around 3am our room door was wide open. Being as tired as we were, it was very nice to just get into bed without checking in first! And being in Cappadocia, you have to stay in a cave hotel! In the morning Farouk told us about breakfast and the day tours. If you only have 1 day, do tour 1 to get an overview of the area. We had tour 2 which was ok but our tour guide wasn't that great. She didn't tell us a whole lot and wouldn't let us sit out of the carpet factory.

We enjoyed our stay. We stayed 2 nights. Farouk was very hospitable in arranging our shuttle back to the airport (cheaper than a taxi.)
We stayed in the ground floor triple room with 1 double bed, and 2 singles with 2 small couch areas, a small fridge, small desk, small tv & cable. The bathroom was adequate and shower had good water pressure. It was comfortable, warm and clean. Being in a cave, it did tend to get musty so we would leave our door open when we could. The good thing was that we didn't hear any noises or see much daylight.

You have to be outside to use the free wifi, or use the computer on the top floor, where they serve buffet breakfast. Typically you have cucumber, tomatoes, boiled eggs, olives, cheese, bread, cereals and a wide selection of jams, juices. As others have said it is 4 flights of stairs up to the breakfast room. I would recommend this place and would definitely stay here again!

(Farouk, I told you I would write a good review! Thanks again for an enjoyable stay...!)

-3 kizlars (Oct 14,15)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2010

Bare essentials. Bed, refrigerator, and clean bathroom, hot water for showers. Bed not very enticing - cleanliness in question.
The manager, Mr. Faruk, who speaks fluent French and has two grown daughters, compensated for lack of accoutrements of room. He is most accommodating and helpful. Breakfasts are good and come with a fantastic view of surrounding area. Nice people are there.
Would recommend with disclaimers.
Enjoyed 3 days of tours and do not forget to schedule hot air balloon ride prior to breakfast - awesome view of the terrain and alot of fun.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 October 2010

We booked a tour to Cappadocia with an agency in Istambul and they sent us to Dedeli Konak. When we arrived, at 9.30 in the evening, there was no room booked for us. For the missunderstanding, the owner gave us the best room they have in the hotel, the "honey moon room". It was OK, nice bathroom, but once I had a look under the bed, you can not imagine the things I saw: disgusting!!!!
There are plenty of nice hotels in Urgup,so I recommend you to have a look around by internet, before booking. It can be the difference between and unforgetable stay in Cappadocia and a nightmare!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Clau_Chile2010
Reviewed 8 October 2010

People of Dedeli Konak are very amezing!!! You make fell yourself at home. The breakfast is so nice too! If you will visit Capadoccia, go to the Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2010

I stayed in Dedeli konagi for 2 nights and the stay was simply awesome..the first 3 good thing abt this hotel is location, location, location and the remaining other things are rooms, cleanlines,,friendliness, guest satisfaction with immediate response and changes as per the customer needs. i booked my entire turkey tour from YUKI TOURS managed by Mr.Ibrahim, a perfect gentleman. he made sure that everything goes well as i was travellign with an infant...though reluctant from start to visit turkey, he made evythign sounded very simple...his organising was superb and upto the best of my satisfaction, he gave me the best room in his hotel, the pigeon room, no words to say how good it was, u need to be there to feel the experience...he also upgraded my stay in kusadasi to a 4 star hotel..in the same package....i tried to manage my stay in istanbul on my own and it got messed up , wish i shud have listened to ibrahim.. i sincerely recommend anyone to consult him before visiting turkey....whats the harm, it always comes free.....thanks ibrahim for giving me n my family such a wonderful time, give my regards to ur wife and love to ur children...

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I got the ugly stepdaughter's room. It had nothing but a bed. Upon removing my comforter, there were bugs all over the bed. The dust bunnies under the bed were just simply unnecessary and silly. The sheets clearly hadn't been washed as I still smelt someone's cologne on them. The room was similar to a sauna as there was no ventilation and it was near impossible to cool off. If I open the window, the stray cats would let themselves in and hang out on my bed. I got a fan from a neighbor, but it was taken away from me before I can use it as another guest was warm? Overall, this all stinks to say because the staff was lovely, there was good free wifi in certain areas and the homemade cakes at breakfast were lovely... I just got a terrible room (room 107). I took a peak at some of the other rooms and they were much roomier and airy than mine.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2010

The Dedeli Konak Cave Hotel is a very cozy little family cave hotel, with terraces and comfortable rooms with clean bathrooms. I happened to be sleeping in the honeymoon suite,with a double bed, a little fireplace and sitting area and tv and fridge. the bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and a separate shower very stylishly decorated.
Breakfast in buffet style (wide selection) was served on the top floor with a beautiful view of the Cappadocian scenery around Ürgüp. A very friendly atmosphere, a real home away from home. High recommended for solo travelers or backpackers. No lift so with large luggage better to stay on ground or first floor.
The owner Mr.Ibrahim Yilmaz operates a small tour/ travel agency YUKITOUR and is a guide in the region. Very capable and friendly service on all tours.
Mr. Faruk the receptionist is also a very nice and friendly man who arranges everything for you, even fixes your bag when this is broken through rough travelling. Excellent place to stay in Ürgüp.

Mariska Kleevens (traveled to Turkey from Sri Lanka)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo