“Harman and massage at 25 Turkish lira”
Review of Urgup Sehir Hamami

Urgup Sehir Hamami
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Urgup
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Harman and massage at 25 Turkish lira”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Donor book through your agent as I was quoted a price of 50 lira, via my hotel. When I went there direct I got the local price of 25 lira. Good service cleans your body very well, good scrub and also good massage.

Visited July 2013

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The REAL bath!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had my best bath ever at the Urgup Hamam. I have tried Turkish Hamams in other countries and always wanted to try out the ORIGINAL Turkish Hamam. This IS THE ORIGINAL ;-).
The hamam is run by a very friendly father-sons team. I told them that this was my first time and one of the sons guided me through the process without making me feel awkward.
First, you are to clean yourself with hot water...which was very refreshing as the temperature outside was 5 degrees C. Then you can lie down on the huge marble slab to 'sweat' it out. I was advised to sweat for around 20 minutes. Then, one of the sons lead me to the massage room. He cleaned me once more with hot water and started the 'scrubbing session ' . ..with a loofah made of goat-skin. This was a rigorous session and i have never seen this much dirt come off me in my life ;-). This was my dead skin loosened with the sweating. My hands, legs, back and stomach and neck were scrubbed clean . Then came the massage with some sort of oil and then the relaxing foam bath.
Overall, I spent 60 minutes in the hamam.
In terms of value for money, this was the best deal in Turkey for me.
Cost for this experience? A mere 25 Lira! I was so happy, i tipped them 10 Lira more...
This same bath for 60 mins was costing me 65 Euros in Istanbul.!!! So, if you are Urgup, i highly recommend this Hamam.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank RavikiranMA
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“very nice experience”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The only thing that is worth seeing this hamam in Urgup. The town presents no interest, and we were pleased to rest in this hamam. I came with my girlfriend, and it didn't cause any problem, they accept mixed customers. Anyway, by chance, we were alone in the hamam. They start by giving you a towel and drive you to the tap, where you start washing up. Everything is very clean. Then you can lie down on the hot stone, or go to the steam room. Then they come to take you for the massage. I was in the same room than my girlfriend. They started to wash us with a glove and some foam before getting to the 20 min massage. A man was doing massage to her, but very respectfully. The massage was great, they are really competent. Then you can enjoy the steam room again if you want. The whole service cost 25 TL, very cheap compared to the 60 TL of Goreme. That was our unique experience of a turkish bath, so I don't have much comparison (except some other experiences in Paris, Marrakech, China, Vietnam ...) and what we liked, in addition of the cleanliness and the professionalism, was the fact that it was very traditionnal. it's not made for tourists, and when we got out, a line of turkish people was waiting to enter in. They offered us a tea while waiting for the cab.

Visited March 2013
Moscow, Russia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great value for money and authentic experience”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Public Turkish bath, quite decent but very simple. They don't have nice chill out area where you can lie down and drink some tea, like many Turkish hotels do, but the price for the bath with whole body scrub and foam massage is only 25 TL (about 11 Euro)! And you can stay as long as you like. Rooms where you can change and lock your belongings, sheets to wear in the bath, towels and slippers are provided.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Stacia413
Oxnard, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“turkish bath coed”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was just what we needed after hiking around the caves. Had a great scrub and massage ,and the price was excellent

Visited June 2012