“Exemplary Customer Service”
Review of Euphrates Tours

Euphrates Tours
Ranked #3 of 43 Tours in Urgup
More attraction details
Owner description: Cappadocia Tours & Euphrates Tours is featured in Frommers Turkey Travel Guide, USA and in Footprint Travel Turkey Guide London, with its unique approach to arranging special Turkey tours. We arrange tailor made escorted private tours in Cappadocia and Turkey. We offer visitors a different view of the country through travels to off-the-beaten track spots that are meant to supplement, rather than replace, the A-list sites
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful 2 days touring Cappadocia during the weekend 5th to 6th July. The customer service provided by Yasemin (who expertly handled our bookings and queries), Ramazan (our very knowledgeable local guide) and Mehmet (our highly reliable driver) was indeed exemplary. I would thoroughly recommend this tour. The lunar landscape is stunning and the history of the area most interesting with its museums, underground cities, and current excavation sites. Our guide was very informative, accomodating and easy to understand. He was flexible and immediately prepared to include more walking through the landscape when we expressed our interest in walking. The accommodation at Gamirasu Cave Hotel was excellent and the setting breathtakingly beautiful. The highlight though was the ballooning over this unique landscape. I had felt a little apprehensive about undertaking this optional adventure, but the flight was truly magical and the landing gentle. So worth getting up at 3:30am for!

3  Thank Pam D D
There are newer reviews for Euphrates Tours

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Euphrates Tours took care of our transfers, tour of Istanbul and made recommendations of hotels. We had such a wonderful trip due to their assistance and guidance. The hotel was outstanding, transfers without a glitch and a very special tour of Istanbul. We could not have asked for a better time in Istanbul. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and intuitive. She also guided us to a lovely outdoor cafe with great food.

2  Thank KathyB5
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Not knowing much about what to see or do while we will be in Turkey for almost 2 weeks, I booked our tour with Euphrates and so glad I did. Yasemin from Euprates helped me with suggestions by email and her prompt responses to multiple questions reassured me that she organized the best tours for us. Chances are this was the same tour she's set up many times before but she was so patient with all my questions and in the end everything fell into place and it truly was a trip of a lifetime!
We had very knowledgeable guides who answered everything from historical to current political and practical questions. We were able to have our own guide for most of the trip so it was great not having the hassle with big tour groups and last minute requests to do or see different sites were an absolute advantage.
Of course the balloon ride at sunrise, the caves, the Aghia Sophia wera all amazing sites and experiences but we also did paragliding over the Pammukale region (last minute decision) which is highly recommended for folks who may want more adventures! The other most wonderful experience was having a homecooked lunch with our driver's family after going to a local market to see amazing fruits, vegetables, and colorful spices. They were so hospitable and the 5 course meal was the best we had in Cappadocia. We learned how to make some of the dishes and the whole family doted on us even though they could not eat since it was Ramadan. My 18 year old daughter loved the litte grandson and we could see, if only for an afternoon, how this Turkish family was just like ours on any given day.
We would love to come back and visit this beautiful country and hope that Euphrates (Yasemin) can still be there to guide us through!

2  Thank ctburk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have just spent 5 nights touring cappadocia and have had a brilliant time. The guide, hotels, driver and bus provided by them have all been excellent. Highlights were a meal in the drivers house, the balloon ride, the salt lake on the way from Ankara and the underground city. We stayed at garamisu cave hotel which was brilliant and then fresco which was a bit noisy at night but well located to walk around urgup. Would highly recommend driving from Ankara for the salt lake and views.

4  Thank Gillrick
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I was told by several people that if I was going to Turkey, Cappadocia was a must see. I had to put together a trip quickly and Euphrates Tours was fabulous! They are very trustworthy and responsible in all dealings and communication. From my initial contact with Filiz, to our brilliant guide Ranah, and our driver Achmed (so sorry for improper spelling of names) the visit to this magnificent countryside was among the best parts of our visit to Turkey. And the cave hotels and hot air ballooning is a must. Don't skimp on this!

5  Thank Farinas4