“Great Experience”

Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

MDC is one of the newer cave hotels in Urgup and is situated approximately 15 minutes walk from the town centre although the staff were available to drive you if required. Our room was very large with a separate lounge area and a modern bathroom including spa. Unfortunately the bed was very hard, it lacked practical lighting and had a musty smell. The breakfast was average but the staff very helpful.

2 Thank Chez549
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your comments about your stay in MDC Hotel. We always read our guest reviews carefully and take note of any ways in which we can improve on the service we provide to our guests. We are disappointed that you experienced difficulties with the lighting and we are taking on board your comments. We do hope that we will be able to have the pleasure of welcoming you once more in MDC Hotel.
Owner and General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I just loved this hotel, it was so special and different. My room was built in a cave and was was truly an experience. The rooms were all different and very beautiful The staff and especially the manager Mustafa,were exceptional and very helpful. My kudos to the owner for having a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank jradford185
, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel, we do appreciate it when our guests take the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that we were able to contribute to making your stay in Cappadocia a special one. I do hope you will come back and stay with us again, you will be most welcome.
Best wishes
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from spending 2 nights at the MDC Hotel in a cave room in Cappadocia region of Turkey. The room was amazing - modern while at the same time true to the region and Turkish culture. The hotel's location close to the nearby town of Urgup was very convienent. The 10 minute evening stroll back to the hotel from Urgup with the Turkish signature crescent moon in the sky will be a memory not long forgotten. Mustafa and his staff could not do anymore for you. They are professional and affable and nothing is a problem for them. I particular loved the breakfast when I was invited by the two Tukish women to sit with them as they led me through creating my own gozleme. I was able to learn first hand how to roll the gozleme dough to its wafer thin consistency from women who had probably made millions in their lifetime. Though the ladies and myself could barely communiticate in a common language, however through sign language and open hearts I was able to share in a unique experience (and great photo opportunity) while at MDC hotel.
Kylie & Darren, Newcastle, Australia

4 Thank Kyles T
, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you so much for providing such thoughtful feedback about your recent stay at MDC Hotel. Thank you too for sharing your lovely photo with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated our efforts to share the experience of Turkish culture and cuisine with you. We are very proud of our cultural heritage and are delighted when our guests participate in the age-old tradition of making gözleme. We sincerely enjoyed having you to stay and hope that you will come and stay again on a future trip to Cappadocia.
Best wishes
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 30 June 2012

If you are traveling on a budget, let this hotel be your one instance of pampering yourself. You will see the other descriptions of the staff and premises, they are all very accurate. The people who run this hotel know what service means and go out their way to make your time memorable.

My son, his wife and myself were there in April, we found it by using one of the travel agents listed on Tom Brosnahan's www.turkeytravel.com site.

Efendi Travel in Istanbul http://www.turkeytravelplanner.com/tourop/bakpak/efendi_travel.html provided great support as we were on a self conducted tour. They negotiated the rate at the MDC Hotel and it was everything they promised it would be. Nothing was too much trouble, the service was flawless. The breakfast was the best we encountered in Turkey. Loved the ladies making the pancakes. The dinner menu was excellent, the food very good, and the Cappadocian wine we tried was the best.

Interesting conjunction of the hotel on one side of the valley and farmer families on the other side, living in the type of caves the hotel is constructed from.

If you go nowhere else in Cappadocia, try and spend some time at this hotel it is worth every euro you spend.

Room Tip: The room we were given was fine. I think it used to be the stables in the cave complex.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank northeyallen
, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback of your stay at MDC Hotel. I am delighted to hear that we were able to assist in making your stay in Cappadocia such a memorable experience. I am also glad to know that appreciated your meals in our gourmet restaurant and will of course transmit your compliments to our restaurant chef.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure of hosting you again in the near future.
NSW Central Coast
Reviewed 23 June 2012

My wife and I have just returned from a trip to Europe, which included 2 nights at the MDC Hotel at Urgup.

We were absolutely stunned by the outstanding service provided by the staff of the hotel, which commenced with being greeted by the hotel manager, Mustafa, before we had even arrived at reception. Nothing was a problem for Mustafa and his team.

The service was also excellent during the 2 terrific dinners, which we enjoyed at the hotel .

We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the MDC Hotel to anyone contemplating visiting the unique
Cappodochia area in Turkey.

Bob Ward

3 Thank Bobeee
, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your overall experience, and particularly pleased that you appreciated the first-class level of service which we provide for our guests. We pay great attention to our guest reviews which help us attain the high standards which we set for MDC Hotel. I do hope that you will take the opportunity of coming to stay with us again.
Best regards
Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2012

What a warm welcome and stay we received. Mustaffa runs this hotel with smoothness and friendliness. I only hope that they will always treat their guests in this way as it was one of the best service we have experienced.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are not as deep into a cave as others so you may want to ask for this particularly...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trish S
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you so much for your great review and the wonderful photos. I have of course shared them and your praise with all the team here who appreciated it very much. We set ourselves very high standards here at MDC Hotel and always endeavour to offer the highest level of service to very guest. So it is rewarding for all the staff to know that these efforts have been recognised and that we have been able to contribute to your having had a memorable experience. We look forward to your next visit and wish you well,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My partner and I stayed at MDC for a total of 5 nights and we could not fault this wonderful cave hotel. The welcome from the Guest Manager each time we arrived back every afternoon was so warm and sincere. We loved the huge cave apartments with their beautiful traditional decor and the history and fabulous energy. The staff were very friendly, the musicians each night in the dining room were an added bonus to our lovely traditional foods. Breakfast was very extensive in selection and was completed with the offering of traditional foods prepared by Yasmine. We recommend the MDC Cave Hotel without hesitation for anyone seeking comfort, great hospitality and care in their travels.

Room Tip: We stayed on ground level and these suites were wonderful. I would imagine from both our quality s...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dorothy G
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I speak for all of us when I say we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We particularly appreciate your sharing your photos so that other TripAdvisor readers can see our lovely cave suites. We spent much time and thought restoring and decorating our rooms so that our guests can feel the luxury of staying in such a historical building. So we are always very happy to know that this is appreciated. We sincerely wish you all the best and look forward to your next visit.
Owner and General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Cappadocia Cave Suites
Cappadocia Cave Suites
#23 of 77 in Goreme
Perimasali Cave Hotel - Cappadocia

Been to MDC Hotel? Share your experiences!