1,088 results
All reviews cave hotel turkey turkish pancakes beautiful hotel free shuttle service jacuzzi tub turkish bath local wine stayed longer unique experience travel agent fairy chimneys balloon flight hamdi ramona caves cappadocia
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I was a guest of the MDC Hotel in Ugrup Turkey on October 15-17, 201. Ugrup in in the heart of Cappadocia, an area in eastern Turkey renowned for its fantastic volcanic formations and caves. The MDC Hotel is built into a rocky hillside, and many of the rooms, including mine, are carved out of the rock..."cave rooms"!

The hotel was constructed just 18 months ago, so the rooms have all the modern conveniences, such as flat screen TV, safes, wonderful cosmetics, and warm ambience. I had two dinners in the hotel...the service and food were excellent.

The personnel were all very attentive, all spoke English, and were most
interested in making my stay a pleasant one.

I highly recommend this hotel, and would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Marv1138
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write your comments after your recent visit. I was very happy to read that all aspects of your stay were perfect and that you enjoyed your vacation in our luxury cave hotel.
I look forward to greeting you once more on your next trip to Cappadocia.
Best regards

Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hotel is excellent and we had a memorable stay. The rooms are very comfortable and very clean. Mustafa, the General Manager makes sure that one has a great holiday. He is very amiable and forever trying to improve the hotel and guests' experiences. When we wanted to go downtown, Mustafa arranged transport for us on the house. Actually there was absolutely nothing that he was not happy to help us with. We had dinner in the hotel and I must say, the food is very tasty and the quantities are generous. Their "pottery kabab" is definitely worth tasting. All in all, we had a wonderful time at MDC and would recommend this hotel any time.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. Excellent customer service is our priority! We look forward to your next visit with us.
Best regards,

Reviewed 18 October 2012

at first I was a little worreid at the MDC is slightly out of town from the main area of Urgup. I was concerned about how I would get around as a tourist. There was nothing to worry about. The staff were incredibly helpful- if I needed to get anywhere they arranged a life for me, and when I needed some help with my camera they spent hours on the phone trying to track down what I needed even in distant towns. they were friendly and came to say hello adn speak with us every day and checked we were enjoying ourselves. they helped me book tours suhc as a balloon flight. The food was great and it was so lovely sitting in the deck area as the sun set with a drink adn enjoying the peace. It was an absolute highlight of my trip and I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rom108
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you very much for your review of MDC Hotel. I was delighted to read that we had a very enjoyable stay with us and that our staff contributed to making your vacation in Cappadocia a memorable one. As you explain. although we are only 700m from shops and restaurants, we do operate a courtesy shuttle service as and when our guests need.
I am glad that you had a pleasant and relaxing stay and hope that you will take the opportunity of visiting us soon, I would be very happy to welcome you once again,

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed there in Mid Sep on our 1st night in Turkey , its new ( 1-1.5 year old ) , rooms were very romantic with a Jacuzzi & a living room ! The location a bit away from the town centre & should take taxi in night to come back there .

The manager was cheerful & other staff was also good . Had dinner in the hotel , the choice of vegeterian food was limited ( throughout Turkey ) though portion of pasta & pizza was big but were low on taste .

Breakfast was good & they had 2 local ladies preparing tradional dish stuffed with cheese & potatoes which was nice .

The overall experience was good but the energy was missing- cud not figure out what exactily was it. The rooms were suffogating in night so we asked for a pedestral fan which was provided immediately .

Room Tip: we had a room on ground floor but the rooms on the higher elevation may have been better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your feeback about your stay in MDC Hotel. We do appreciate it when our guests share their comments and suggestions as it helps us to maintain the high quality of service which we set for our standards. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in your romantic cave room and appreciated the comfort and luxury of a jacuzzi in your bathroom.
I am pleased to know that your overall experience was an enjoyable one and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again on your next trip to Cappadocia,

Reviewed 7 October 2012

We arrived late evening at the MDC Hotel after a crazy drive from Nevsehir. The site of Mustafa, the general manager, running from the lobby to help my wife and I with our suitcases was quite comforting.

We had a lovely stay at Istanbul but weren't sure what to expect in Urgup. MDC Hotel along with their wonderful staff led by Mustafa made it an equally lovely experience. Our cave room 402 was large and comfortable with all the required amenities including a fast wireless Internet connection.

The breakfast was a large spread with a good mix of Turkish and Continental food. Since the hotel is located away from the town centre along dimly lit narrow roads we decided to dine at the hotel. The food was delicious, good portions and well priced. Great ambience along with some good Cappadocian wine. The staff were very accommodating and let us have our own wine at no additional charge.

Even though our tours were arranged by our travel agent in Istanbul, Mustafa briefed us about our itinerary and kept us informed regularly when our pick up was late one day.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arnab1978
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

Thank you so much for your recommendation of MDC Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable time and that our staff contributed to making your stay a memorable one. I am glad you enjoyed the comfort of your cave room with its traditional features complemented by all modern facilities. I will pass on your kind comments to all the staff including the staff of our gourmet restaurant.
I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to MDC Hotel.