MDC Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$110
US$77
US$50
US$214
US$114
Hotels.com
Blue Valley Cave Hotel(Urgup)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$63
Urgup Evi Cave Hotel(Urgup)(Great Value!)
US$64
Perimasali Cave Hotel - Cappadocia(Mustafapasa)(Great Value!)
US$220
Priceline
US$64
Travelocity
1,021 results
All reviewscave hotelturkeyturkish pancakesfree shuttle serviceking suitestayed here for nightsspecial thanksheated floorsturkish bathamazing hotellounge arealocal winebuffet breakfaststayed longerunique experiencefairy chimneysgreat hospitality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my recent trip to Turkey and I must say it was one of my best vacation experiences in years. The rooms are built into caves and are fantastic - I even had a hot tub in my room. The best room means nothing without amazing service and this is where this establishment excels - Ali checked us in after a long journey and he was on top of his game. Really amazing service from him and Mustafa who assisted us with making dinner reservations and arranging a lift into town. Complimentary bottled water, generous grooming kits in the room and other small touches elevate this hotel to a whole new level. Never had a chance to eat a meal other than breakfast but the breakfast was superb. The women making traditional pancakes was definitely a highlight. My only regret is that I could not stay here longer. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mohammed J
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review - I will certainly pass on your comments to all the team here. We certainly try our best to exceed the expectations of all our guests and it is always nice
to know that we achieve that!
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast in the restaurant and had a chance to try our lovely gözleme (traditional Turkish pancakes). Breakfast is an ideal opportunity for us to show you something more about local Turkish culture.
I look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Cappadocia,
Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 May 2013

We travel a lot and I have to say that this is one of the most beautiful hotels that we have ever seen. Each room is different as they are all formed from caves. While that may sound rustic, the hotel is very elegant. We were also upgraded to a spectacular king suite. We arrived late and tired, but we were welcomed very pleasantly which immediately revived us. Unfortunately, we were so busy while we were in Cappadocia we didn't spend much time in the wonderful room. We did not have an opportunity to try the dining room as we wanted to check out the town, but the hotel owner recommended the restaurant Ehlikeyf, which was excellent. The buffet breakfast at the hotel was one of the better ones on our trip.
I am not sure that it is only a 10 minute walk to town, but the hotel did supply us with a shuttle to the town of Urgup which is also worth a visit.

Room Tip: We were in room 405 and it was an enormous king suite with a hot tub.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback in regards to your recent stay at MDC Hotel. I am delighted that you were warmly welcomed and checked in hotel by our friendly team upon your arrival and that you appreciated the modern comfort of our authentic cave rooms.
Next time you must stay longer and maybe indulge in a meal in our gourmet restaurant.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,
Best regards

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Mustafa and the whole staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. They go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable. The rooms are so cool ! Each one is unique and has its own special features. Turkish hospitality at its best.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank mp176
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

We are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at MDC Hotel and appreciate your taking the time to write up your comments. I am so glad you appreciated our unique cave rooms and our legendary Turkish hospitality.
I do hope you will come and see us again soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have to preface my review with the fact that this is my first, but we enjoyed our stay at the MDC Hotel so much it warranted spending the time to write about our experience. With that out of the way...... We had the pleasure of staying at the MDC Hotel about 10 days ago and I don't have a bad thing to say about our experience except for the fact we were there for only one night! Had we known ahead of time how wonderful the hotel and Cappadocia would be, we definitely would have stayed for at least another night.

We were a party of 5 (parents, 9 yo and 7 yo boys and Grandad). We asked the hotel to arrange for our transportation from the airport to the hotel (the driver was courteous and the van clean) and upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly by the hotel staff. Service was so hospitable and gracious for the entire length of our stay.

We had 2 rooms, both of which were very special and unique from each other. Each room was comfortable and had all of the modern amenities you would want/expect in a hotel. Our boys loved the cave-like features of the rooms, as well as the jacuzzi tub and I loved the Turkish rugs and attention to detail in each room.

After a long day of sight seeing, we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant and enjoyed the local musicians playing -- the food, service and ambiance were great.

We thought the hotel's location was perfect and we loved the setting. It was only a 10 to 15 minute walk to the center of town or a 5 minute drive in the hotel's van. It was a 15 minute drive to Goreme and just a bit further to the fairy chimney valleys.

Breakfast was a typical Turkish breakfast plus an omelette station, but our favorite part of breakfast was the 2 local women making homemade tortillas which they filled with a choice of 3 stuffings and then baked to order.

Our 7yo was fortunate enough to celebrate his 7th birthday at the hotel and said it was the best birthday ever (the cake the hotel provided was very much appreciated). Our 9yo didn't want to leave and is already planning our next trip back to MDC Hotel.

Other than the nondescript and seemingly irrelevant name, everything else about the MDC Hotel and our stay there were perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Missmelis01
MDCHOTEL, General Manager at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you for recognizing MDC Hotel as your first ever Trip Advisor comment. We greatly appreciate the comments and taking time to do so. We work hard to ensure our customers receive top service and take pride in offering all the help we can. Glad one of the boys got to sleep with grand dad in the "Hobbit Room". By the way we now have a childrens menu

Ahmet Kucukyıldız

Reviewed 15 April 2013

A very nice Hotel, also in a cage. People try to help you in all the ways they can. Very silent, clean rooms, with a lot of space, nice bathroom, very good breakfast. I was afraid of sleeping in a cage for the first time, but it is a very interesting experience and very doable even for those who want some comfort. The owner is around all the time and is a very interesting person to talk to. I stayed only for one night. You will be picked up from the tours you scheduled by a van, with no problems whatsoever. They seem to be the best hotel in town!

Room Tip: As for a suíte!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
MDCHOTEL, Owner at MDC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and thank you for choosing to stay at MDC Hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed our stay with us as much as we enjoyed having you to stay. Your feedback will be passed on to all the team here; I am sure they will appreciate your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again,