“Wonderful stay in Kapadokya Ranch”
Review of Kapadokya Ranch

Kapadokya Ranch
Ranked #11 of 45 Tours in Urgup
More attraction details
Owner description: Located near Ürgüp and Ortahisar, Kapadokya Ranch is a perfect starting point for spectacular nature trails, away from roads and built-up areas. We offer rides for all riding levels, from 2-hour rides in the Uzengi canyon to one-week trails around the national park. Friendly, heathy horses; professional English and French-speaking guides; fully insured; helmets provided for your safety. Free pick-up from your hotel. Beginners are welcomed on our 2-hour rides.
Reviewed 21 January 2013

We had such a wonderful stay in cappadoccia ranch. We experienced for the first time the "family at the farm" stay and it really was fantastic.
Helene was working so hard to make us see and do as many things as possible.
The children learnt and experienced so many things. Horse (and donkey !) riding, goats milking, cows walking, horse caring, chicken feeding, cockcrow awakening, .Sleeping in the yurt and getting to taste all kinds of local foods and so many unbelievable landscapes
We also had the chance to attend a cooking workshop with a turkish lady, and both the lesson and the diner afterwards together on this beautiful terrace in ürgüp gave us a precious look on the turkish cuisine and hospitality.
Helene is such a pleasant guide. She is both attentive and interesting, careful and dynamic, fun and rigorous. She has a real talent with children !
We were also very happy spending some time with Nicolas who knows so much about the area, culture, people, and all the natural/ecological aspects of this gorgeous country. We particularly enjoyed the evening we spent around the campfire eating local specialities in such a quiet and peaceful place, surrounded by the beautiful horses of the ranch.
The tailor-made program Helene proposed us enabled us to visit just as many places as we could, always taking into account both our and our childreńs needs and wishes. She was always able to adapt the walks and activities to the age and interests of the whole family.
Horse riding in this wonderful landscapes is something you can never forget.
Thank you Helene and Nicolas !

Reviewed 13 November 2012

I can’t believe that this time last month I was horse-riding through fantastic scenery in Cappadocia, Turkey. The horses were well looked after and forward-going, the saddles were comfortable and the rides were varied. I never realised that pigeon holes could be so economically significant, and the volcanic rock formations are truly weird. We became quite adept at picking fruit from low hanging branches and the horses began to expect apples to munch on during our mid-afternoon break. The accommodation was usually family run, friendly,with well-prepared local food and the added novelty of rooms set back into caves. The two extra trips, ballooning and the Goreme Open Air museum, were “icing on the cake”. Not essential, but really made the holiday special. Some of the art work in the caves at Goreme is amazingly well preserved.
It was a pretty “full on” holiday, but the pre-trip information did tell us we would be riding 5-6 hours each day. I think we just didn’t believe that walking a horse could be so tiring!! We hadn’t allowed for the terrain being so demanding.
Thank you, Nico and your team, for working so hard behind the scenes to make our holiday so special. We really enjoyed our stay with you.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

The best way to see the great scenery and landscape of this area is on horseback so this holiday was a real treat. The horses were great, very sure footed for walking up and down some tricky tracks and I felt very secure and confident with my horse. On the other hand the sligtly feisty arab horses are arways up for some faster canters and gallops making is a very exciting ride and I would say for experienced riders. The guesthouse trail we did had a good group size of 8 and the change of guesthouses in different villages allowed you to see more of this great part of turkey. Accomodation was good and the guide was great. One peice of advise if you book (which I highly recomend you do) take a pair of ridin/walking boots which are vital for when you are on foot in the rocky, sandy area.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

This holiday is amazing... If you look at the pictures, you can imagine how difficult it is for these horses to make long day trips. But even at the seventh day, Jiggy galopped quicker than I ever hoped she would!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

I was immediately impressed by the Kapadokya ranch and the horses. Having run a stud farm and trail riding business in Oregon I know what it takes....... a lot of hard work and love. The horses here are well looked after, good tempered, well mannered and extremely sure footed......... courageous in fact.

My daughter and I were part of a week long ride through the incredibly beautiful Cappadocia Mountains. Nico took out one group and our group went out separately with a lovely woman who is a skilled horsewoman and guide, knowledgeable, professional, safety conscious and tremendous fun. She is a joy to ride with and hang out with.

The scenery you ride through is 'out of this world' literally - strange beautiful rock formations, open plains, and charming villages. The food provided was delicious, fresh and home cooked. Our accommodations was excellent and our hosts truly welcoming and extremely hospitable, especially Nazim. We are vegetarian and it was no bother at all.

There was just one incident which really spoiled this whole experience for us both. On our last evening we were taken to a Hamam in a nearby village (wonderful Turkish Bath by the way). Pick up and return to our hotel was agreed for 7.30pm. Nico neglected to pick up my daughter and I leaving us at night, alone without any contact details for him or the hotel, in a place we were obviously unfamiliar with. Well mistakes happen but I never imagined the ill mannered violent temper that ensued from his mistake. Eventually with some local help and several phone calls, we contacted Nico and asked to be picked up. He arrived in a foul mood and proceeded to yell at us, slam the jeep door in my face, hurling abuse. He finally let us in the jeep and proceeded to drive like a maniac back to our hotel. It was an extremely unpleasant and frightening experience. He refused to speak to us on return.

3  Thank Healthtouch