“Best option in this price range”
Review of Hotel Elvan

Hotel Elvan
Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 17 September 2013

For this price, you can´t get much better. The staff is the nicest possible, breakfast is good, localization is excellent. The only downside are the rooms, that had no fan or air-con in summertime, what made nights really, really hot. Apart from that, they are clean and comfortable. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dhaneren

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Elvan Hotel is a small but cozy hotel,rooms are clean and nice and so are the bathroom.
Breakfast is ok.Personnel and owners are very serviceminded and friendly.One thing on the downside is that a minaret is quite close and very loud, so the 05.00 a clock prayer proclamation can be disturbing to some people, but for me it wasnt.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at the Elvan Hotel in Urgup, Nevsehir Province, Turkey. The hotel staff was wonderfully kind to us. The hotel was very clean, reasonably priced, very centrally located, and was just what we needed. Our only challenge was having the shower splash all over the toilet seat. However, there was plenty of hot water, and lots of pressure, so we didn't mind. We very much appreciated the kindness of the hotel staff and management!

Room Tip: Our room was on the 2nd floor, and was great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2012

It was the third time that I stayed in Elvan Hotel.In my all moments at hotel was perfect because firstly hotel is very clean and owner&employees are very helpful,kindly.Hotel's location is perfect in centre of Ürgüp.The first time that I had been there hotel had heating problem in winter but they solved this problem last time I was.Moreover,I send an email before 5 days then they organized all my travelling in Capadocia which include shuttle transfer,three days daily tour and balloon tour(baloon tour was expensive but it was worth it was unbelievable).Thank a lot to HOTEL ELVAN:))))

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Portman L
Reviewed 14 June 2012

If you like stylish, modern hotels with fast wifi then Elvan is not for you.

If you prefer to stay in hotels that may be basic, but are clean and filled with character, then this may well be the hotel for you.

I see quite a few mixed reviews over the past few months for this little family run gem, and I can understand where some guests come from as it is basic and rooms are filled with old-style mismatched furniture (and obviously not in an attempt at shabby chic), but I absolutely loved my time at the Elvan.

My friends and I stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. At the time the owners were going away and their parents and teenaged son were looking after the hotel in their absence. I was very unwell at the time with a stomach bug and I was definitely made to feel like part of the family. They would bring tea and food to my room and check up on me while my friends were out. They even sent the teenage son to the shops to pick up a few bits and pieces for me as I was too ill. It is this type of customer service that is above and beyond anything I could ever expect.

Breakfast was simple, but served with a smile. They also recommended an excellent hot air balloon company (Atmosfer) and restaurants in their area.

Urgup is a sleepy town in comparison to Goreme, but if you decide to stay there I would definitely recommend the Elvan.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leila B
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Would go back only if we did not have another place to stay. Very basic hotel with an attendant that did not smile and did not seem to care if he had people staying there. My converter did not fit in the outlet, so I could not charge my iPad. The breakfast was poor. The location is good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2012

we spent two very forgettable nights at the Elvan early in November 2011. The weather wasn't cooperating -- it had turned cold and wet. Maybe it was end-of-season torpor; we felt that the folks who run the Elvan didn’t care much if we stayed or went. After enduring a very cold room, so-so breakfasts, and terrible wi-fi reception for a couple of days, we moved ourselves to another place.

Room Tip: if you care about wi-fi, check signal strength before accepting a room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple