“An Exceptional Experience in an Amazing Hotel”

Has Cave Konak Hotel
Ranked #21 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Sydney, Australia
“An Exceptional Experience in an Amazing Hotel”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Do not miss staying at Has Cave Konak if you are travelling to Cappadocia (Kappadokya)! This is an absolute gem among many hotels in the area for travellers who are looking for a quality stay in an exceptional accommodation that is rich in history and beautiful in design (rather than a noisy hostel in Goreme!).

I stayed at Has Cave Konak for three nights during my travels in Turkey, towards the end of the Ramazan month. I arrived from Nevshehir airport by bus and took a taxi to the hotel, only to realise that it is only a very short walk from Urgup's town centre and bus station.

This family-run hotel is on a stretch of cave hotels on a small hill in a nice and established area of Urgup. A former Ottoman mansion, carved out in part of a hill side, the hotel has been recently renovated and expanded to include a large beautiful courtyard, several cave rooms and two rooftop terraces. The terraces overlook Urgup's amazing landscape, where I spent many hours reading and contemplating, and appreciating this simply magical place!

A new business venture for three remarkable sisters who bring their experience in the corporate and hospitality industries as well as a keen eye for details in running the hotel, Has Cave Konak is a professionally-run, modern hotel for international tourists who appreciate an understated aesthetic and serene tranquility.

On arrival, I was greeted warmly by two of the three sisters who ran the hotel, Serpril and Sema. The warmth of their Turkish hospitality was immediately evident in their ready smile and helpfulness. I was later introduced to the youngest of the sisters, Secil, who speaks perfect English and is professional in her demeanour, cultivated in a past life working in the international travel industry. They were extremely helpful in sorting out my various tours and plans in Cappadocia during my three-day stay with them.

As I had never stayed in a cave room before, I was slightly nervous that it might feel claustrophobic. Far from it! My cave room, newly renovated with all the comforts expected of a modern hotel room, is so spacious that it has two separate seating areas and a huge bathroom complete with a luxurious bath.

The layout of the room is well thought out and generous. In fact, it is one of the biggest hotel room I ever stayed in, and this is the smaller of the cave rooms on offer! The day bed near the entrance to the cave room is just perfect for reading. The second seating area has well appointed and comfortable armchairs, beautiful Turkish carpet, a flat screen TV and a large coffee table. Despite being slightly dark (it is a cave after all), the room feels airy and serene.

The bed, covered with beautiful linen, was large and comfortable. Something about sleeping in a cave that gives you a sense of security and peace. It was so quiet I could hear my own breathing! I literally had the best sleeps of my life in this cave room.

The courtyard, where breakfast was served (by my own choice), has a homely farmhouse feel to it. I simply love sipping my cai there in the morning! There are two breakfast/dining rooms, which are nicely appointed as well as a front terrace where I had a wonderful dinner prepared by the sisters one evening.

Throughout my stay, I was made very welcome by every member of the family (Ibrahim-Hamdi, the young son of Sema and Sabre is particularly delightful) On the last day of Ramazan, I was even invited to share Iftar with the family, which I felt very honoured.

I will definitely stay at Has Cave Konak again and recommend it without reservation. In fact, I have planned to return with friends soon to share this special experience with them.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank bob_teo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My Husband and I just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and we were their very first guests. From the moment we arrived we were given sincere personal attention making sure that every aspect of our stay was perfect. The location of the hotel is excellent and just a short walk into Urgup. The hotel has many private outdoor seating areas with wonderful views. The cave rooms are done up very tastefully with a TV as well as internet access. The breakfast which was freshly prepared was wonderful and different each morning of our stay. We also stayed in on our last night and had a beautifully presented Turkish Dinner whilst dining alfresco on their front patio. They will customize your meal to suit your tastes. Segil and Serpil, who are owners of the hotel were excellent hostesses. Segil speaks English as well which is very helpful. I work for a major hotel chain and I would highly recommend this hotel. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brenda T
nevsehir
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Urgup Hasse Cave Konak is a cute oasis, with an excellent location, very close to the center of Urgup. Cosy cave rooms, decorated in traditional style and very clean. Wonderful yard with a lot of flowers, nice shadow, and the typical turkish sofas for rest and relax.
Serpil (the owner) and her sister Secil are extremely helpful, attentive, dedicated and friendly. Secil is speaking excellent English and displays a thorough knowledge and passion to the history of Cappadocia and Konak. One feels really special.
Meat dishs , soups and green salads are fresh and very nice.
Perfect velue for the rooms and service!!!
THANKS..........