Has Cave Konak Hotel
US$55
US$158
US$154
Priceline
All reviewshotel ownerturkeyjacuzzi bathunique experienceon arrivallovely hotelbulentcaveterracecheesecappadociacomfortregion
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at Has Cave Hotel in September 2013. We were on a small quick tour with Kaletour, so we only got to stay there one night ... OH we wished we could have stayed there a week or more! Beautiful huge rooms ... ours was a carved-out cave with lovely furnishings! ... wonderful friendly family owned and run ... and DELICIOUS food! Who could ask for more?!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This cave hotel was amazing. From the spacious and comfortable rooms and luxury bathrooms, to the inviting public spaces, and most special was the warm hospitality of the 3 sisters who run this hotel. Our small group took over the hotel for a night, had a celebration on the rooftop patio before dinner, and then enjoyed a delicious meal. It was the best accommodation during my 2 weeks in Turkey. I would recommend it to singles, couples and groups. It's a unique experience I know I will remember for years.

Room Tip: Each of the rooms was unique -- I toured them all. Any would be a delight.
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Has Cave Konak is truly a Turkish Delight. We had the good fortune to be booked into that hotel for 2 nights as part of our Cappadocia tour June 30, 2013. We were given room #11, a cave room. The room turned out to be a suite of 3 rooms and a bathroom, with the entry off a patio. The first room had lace-curtained windows set into an arch and day bed seating. Farther into the rock, the nicely furnished sitting room, carved out of solid light-colored rock, was the largest space and was softly lit by lamps set into the stone walls. The sleeping area was in an alcove carved off the sitting room, also nicely lit by lamps set into the stone. The wonderfully comfortable bed was on a rock slab. Yes, I slept on a rock slab in a cave – and I loved it. It was the best bed I encountered and the quietest stay in my 2 weeks in Turkey.

The hotel was once the home of a wealthy family, perched up on the side of a cliff overlooking the town, at the base of a yet higher cliff. The entrance is up a flight of stone steps, and the staff whisked our suitcases up so fast we could not keep up with them. It was a delight to explore the courtyard, patios, rooftop terraces and balconies, and view the cliff dwellings above and across the valley, and the town and small park below. The breakfast dining room looks out over the park and across to Wish Hill, which overlooks the Urgup town square. Our second evening we had a special dinner on the rooftop terrace, under a blue velvet sky studded with stars and the golden spot- lighted cliff face above. It’s a good place to enjoy a summer sunset.

Has Cave Konak is a short (5 minutes) walk across the park and downhill to the Urgup center. There are grocery stores, cafes, bars, restaurants, tourist shops and all manner of services including a Turkish bath. Some of the cliff dwelling ruins are easily accessed above a parking lot on the road down to the square. Wish Hill is a short climb to a viewpoint on a cliff that drops down to the square. There is a domed tomb of a sultan up there, too. For the adventurous, continue up the stairs past Has Cave Konak’s door and explore the ruined cave dwellings in the cliffs above the hotel. Some people still live up there.

Our stay was during a quiet week when most of the owners were away. Sabri took excellent care of us, even making sure we were up at 4 am to take our balloon ride. Then, we had to wake him up again to let us back in when our ride was cancelled due to uncooperative weather. He was still pleasant! Serpril ran the kitchen, producing fresh baked, hot from the oven coffee cakes each morning in addition to an excellent breakfast buffet of fruits, breads, pastries, cheese, homemade preserves, eggs cooked to order, and other goodies. I miss those breakfasts. Sabri also arranged for Serpril to cook a special lamb dinner for us and served it on the rooftop terrace under the twilight sky. I have fond memories of being waited on and served a delicious meal by two handsome men high above the city lights in my cave palace.

Room Tip: Although outside day temperature was hot, the cave room maintained a comfortable temperature without AC.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NMGetawayGirl
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Has Cave Konak is a short (5 minutes) walk across the park and downhill to the Urgup center. There are grocery stores, cafes, bars, restaurants, tourist shops and all manner of services including a Turkish bath. Some of the cliff dwelling ruins are easily accessed above a parking lot on the road down to the square. Wish Hill is a short climb to a viewpoint on a cliff that drops down to the square. There is a domed tomb of a sultan up there, too. For the adventurous, continue up the stairs past Cave Konak’s door and explore the ruined cave dwellings in the cliffs above the hotel. Some people still live up there.

Our stay was during a quiet week when the owners were away. Sabri took excellent care of us, even making sure we were up at 4 am to take our balloon ride. Then, we had to wake him up again to let us back in when our ride was cancelled due to uncooperative weather. He was still pleasant! Serprl ran the kitchen, producing fresh baked, hot from the oven coffee cakes each morning in addition to an excellent breakfast buffet of fruits, breads, pastries, cheese, homemade preserves, eggs cooked to order, and other goodies. I miss those breakfasts. Sabri also arranged for Serprl to cook a special lamb dinner for us and served it on the rooftop terrace under the twilight sky. I have fond memories of being waited on and served a delicious meal by two handsome men high above the city lights in my cave palace.
I wish I was able to stay there longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

It was in the beginning of September 2013 when I stayed overnight there. This hotel is owned by three sisters and operationally run by themselves. Their hospitality, warmth and excellent service combined with the uniqueness of a cave hotel room made us feel like staying in a boutique hotel. They had been so kind and generous to upgrade our room to a larger cave room without additional cost. We had a long chit chat about everything from culture, religion to music etc. They contacted some balloon operator to check whether our names already in the list and make sure that we'd be picked up in the morning.

The room is perfect and spacious. My suggestion is just to provide additional electrical socket (there is only one in the room) and garbage bin (there is only one in the bath room). Our handycam, camera, mobile phone ,i pad , power bank and other gadget need charging.

For family and friends who's going to turkey and cappadocia, i'll recommend them to stay in Has Cave Hotel

2  Thank hary0