“Worth every single penny paid for”

Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Ranked #2 of 68 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 8 October 2013

No words can describe this "cave hotel." Simply too amazing for me to express my feelings. Would have extended my stay there if not for my tour package. Will definitely recommend this "cave" to everyone who is heading to Cappadocia. If you don't try this hotel, you're on a losing end. Only down side is its location and since it is new and expanding, give a lil more time for them to clean the rooms. It can be sandy and the toilet area can get clogged. Hence its location, they do provide free shuttle service to my hot air balloon rendezvous. Overall, I will rate this 9.5/10. A perfect 10 if not for the dusts and clogging.

Room Tip: Room 105 and 107
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Roziah A
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Roziah,
Firstly I would like to thank you for your time to comment on us and for choosing Kayakapi Premium Caves – Cappadocia.
Me and my team, all we are trying to do just one thing that is to maximize your happiness during your stay at our “home”, Kayakapi. If we are successful at some points, that is the best gift to us.
Please do not forget that we will always be waiting for you to provide more memorable stays for you.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Open just 6 months, this brand new, luxury hotel was a wonderful surprise, booked by my travel agent...imagine, a "cave hotel." Lovely accommodations. (I was surprised with an upgrade to a 3- room suite with a 10' x 12' hot tub!) A warm, welcoming, gracious staff. Good food in a pleasant-size dining room with an outdoor terrace. And a magnificent view of the countryside --- from the town of Urgup just below to the mountains in the distance. You can't go wrong! Especially if you sign up for an early morning hot air balloon ride...All in all, an unforgettable experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite right at the bottom of the steps to the dining terrace (rm 109?). It has its own l...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Courtney B

Dear Courtney,
I was delighted to read your positive feedback following your stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves – Cappadocia and I was so happy to read your kind words that you really did enjoy the property. We always try our best to make your stays memorable and if we are successful and you are happy that is the best gift to us.
Please contact us for any need from Cappadocia or Turkey.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

While I was looking for accommodation in the Cappadocia area I found it suspiciously curious that unlike some other establishments, Kayakapi Premium Caves had left the word “hotel” out of their name. I later found that this was with good reason, as Kayakapi had truly defined a new category of its own, one that offers much more than the mere accommodation of a hotel, but an experience of its own that will be long remembered.

I booked my family of five a 3 night stay in late September 2013, as the first part in our tour of southern Turkey, and from that moment we began to experience what I would call the ‘Kayakapi difference’. Greeted with an individualized welcome letter from Elvan of guest relations asking if they could fulfil any special requests, Kayakapi invested in us before we had even arrived.

As scheduled, we arrived at the Kayakapi property and drove the well laid out and signed private cobblestone laneway to the office where we were warmly greeted by guest relations. After a speedy and effortless check in we had our bags taken to our rooms without asking and were given a guided tour of the property by Mehmet. Along the way, we took in the spectacular view of the town of Urgup and surrounding area, which can be had from anywhere atop the hill on which Kayakapi is situated.

Mistakenly under the notion that nothing could surpass the gorgeous view we had just witnessed, we were introduced to our rooms and were quickly found to be wrong. Converse to other hotel experiences, the online pictures of these rooms did not do them justice. Both rooms were impeccably decorated to the finest detail, spotlessly clean and had every amenity that could reasonably be expected without losing the ‘cave experience’. From the quality linens, premium toiletries, and tasteful furnishings, everything was well laid out and intentionally planned.

Later that night, after a full day of great adventures in Cappadocia, also arranged by Kayakapi, we attended the restaurant. This area was again very well appointed and tastefully decorated to set a pleasant atmosphere for dining. Here we were greeted by Rüzgâr, who can only be described as the jewel in the Kayakapi crown. Ever attentive to individual needs Rüzgâr genuinely made my family feel as if we were his only customers, and served us delicious meals which had us returning every night throughout our stay.

Sadly our 3 night stay came to an end, and in so, not one negative word could be said from any member of my party. In fact staying at Kayakapi as the first stop on our trip had us woefully comparing Kayakapi to other hotels, which obviously had Kayakapi winning every time.

Kayakapi has truly set a new standard for other establishments to aspire to achieve.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank John G
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Gallant Family,
I would like to thank you for your time to comment on us and giving so much great details for us. Me and my team, we are all touched by your nicest words and if we are successful at some points, that is the best gift to us.
Please do not forget that you are more than welcomed at Kayakapi sometimes in future as well, and we definetly will look forward to it.
Wishing you the best,

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

I am in my two bedroom cave suite, and it is sweet! Hamam, fireplace,....the hotel arranged a tour for me today and a balloon ride for tomorrow. Service and communication prior to arrival was great, and I just booked this a couple of days ago! Hotel is a little remote from Urgup, but they have free shuttle service to town; and I expect it is going to be nice and quiet tonight.

Stayed: October 2013
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Linda
Firstly thanks you very much for your nice comment on us. This is so exciting that you are spending some time to comment on us within an important platform when you are still with us!
So please enjoy with each details of your room; experience Turkish Bath and take some time in the jakuzzi so that we can guarantee your further comfort. J
Yours,

Reviewed 5 October 2013

When we arrived, we had welcome drinks, early check-in, complimentary red wine, and an awesome cave room (106).. My husband and I were surprised with little flowers sprinkled in our bedroom and pool area. Wifi was reliable everywhere! It was so clean and the bed was so comfortable. Room was insanely huge!
Service was awesome and Ms Elvan Kismet and one of the others in the reception (Male) helped us book a car rental for our next leg of the trip in Izmir. They were soooooo helpful !
We strongly recommend this place. If you'd like dinner close by, try Ziggy's..
Thanks, Kayakapi team!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 106 which was very spacious, had beds good for 4 people, and pool.. Conveniently...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Francine R

Dear Rivera Family,
For us it was a real delight to host you and we really appreciate your time for sharing your feedbacks. Me and my team, we are all touched by your nicest words and if we are successful at some points, that is the best gift to us.
Please enjoy with Izmir and do not forget that you are still our valuable guests in borders of Turkey so that for any need we are here.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

The hotel has best location in Urgup overlooking the town and valley. The design of the room is one of the best I have ever seen - it well utilize the cave and convert it into a luxurious room. We have iPhone 5 audio port and Nespresso machine in the room. The staff are also friendly and helpful, they gave useful tips that makes our trip easier and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Dear Cindy,
Firstly I would like to thank you for your kind visit to Kayakapi Premium Caves.
We always try our best to provide a memorable stay to you and if you remember us with good memories this is the best present ever for us.
Please give us the pleasure of welcoming you again in future and please do not forget that you have a second house in Cappadocia.
Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2013

LOVED this place! The location, view and history can't be beat if you go to Cappadocia.
The staff, especially Elvan at the front desk, made this trip so memorable! Thank you!
It's a UNESCO heritage site, so the preservation is impeccable.
The rooms are all old cave houses that have been converted to high end hotel suites. Each one is individual and unique.
They are named after the old owners of the caves.
Take a look around the actual hotel site, and you almost don't need to go anywhere else! There is so much history right there.
This hotel is top of the line in every respect.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private pools and Hamam's!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Javi N
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Javi;
Firstly we thank you very much for your choosing us & spending some time to comment on us. Your kind words about the property and my staff made me so happy. Because we are a brand new hotel, we are trying our best to host our guests in best conditions and obviously these kind of nice comments are giving courage to us.
Please let us know for any need from Cappadocia.
Regards to LA,
Yakup Dinler

Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Museum Hotel
Grand Cave Suites
Grand Cave Suites
#11 of 78 in Goreme
Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa

Been to Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia? Share your experiences!