“Amazing”

Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Doha, Qatar
“Amazing”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My wife and I stayed there in January. Upon arrival, the staff was very polite and helpful with all of our questions. We were given a free upgrade to a room with a fireplace and a Turkish bath. I am a pilot for an international airline and I've stayed in many hotels in many countries over the years and I can say that this is a one of a kind! Disregard the reviews about dust and being unclean, you're in a cave! There was a little dust in places but, it's part of the experience. The breakfast is really good and the view while having it is incredible! The only downside gore us was you have to take a taxi no matter where you go but it is a very short and inexpensive ride to Urgup, so no big deal. I would also suggest bringing a few of your own nespresso capsules if you're a coffee drinker. I will be recommending this place to my friends and coworkers.

2 Thank Jpm320
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear Kayakapi Guest;

I would like to thank you very much for your nice words for us. It was a real pleasure for all of us to host you and if you are happy about your stay we are even happier than you.
You are almost more than welcomed at Kayakapi.

Best wishes,

Yakup Dinler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I came to Cappadocia to go on a balloon ride for my 29th birthday. Elvan was so great in arranging a balloon ride with Royal balloon (a company I also highly recommend by the way), and upon check in we were surprised with a room upgrade. This made my birthday truly unforgettable! I have traveled a lot and stayed in many hotels ranging from hostels to luxury in all parts of the world and I can honestly say this is one of the most unique and beautiful hotels I have ever stayed in and the attention to detail is impeccable. Pictures do not do it justice.From the heated floors, to the bathtub and fluffy robes, Their hospitality makes you feel so welcome. Breakfast is also very good as well. I had the best birthday of my life and it wouldn't have been this great without the experience of Kayakapi. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my friends who plan to go to Turkey in the future. Thanks again!

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank hoodeehoo
Dear Paulina,

I would like to thank you for your time to comment on us and giving so much great details for us. Me and my team, we are all touched by your nice words and if we are successful at some points, that is the best gift to us.

Please do not forget that you are more than welcomed at Kayakapi sometimes in future as well and we will definitely look forward to it.

Wishing the best for your new age...

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Being the most expensive hotel in the region, and ranked #1 in many sites, I was expecting a perfect hotel. It is nice, clean and comfortable, but there were some issues:
1. The room's door had a big window with light curtain and no blackout, so the first morning I was awaken by the sunlight, much earlier than I wanted. After reporting this to the manager, they installed a second and more efficient curtain.
2. There was no shower in my bathroom. Just a tub with a hand shower, which had no way of fixing it in a high position. Very uncomfortable.
3. The wi-fi wasn't working in my room. I had signal but no connection. I had to go to other part of the hotel to get connected. They also solved that the day after.
4. I requested a wake-up call and didn't receive it. The excuse was that the person who took my request wouldn't understand English. An alarm clock or an automatic phone system would have been better. Anyway it was just a backup for me.
5. The hotel also owns a hot air balloon company, and they offer their tours at almost twice the price compared with other companies. In this case I would have expected a better deal considering that I was a guest.

With respect to the location, since it is at the top of a hill it's not easy to walk to town.

Now the good things:
1. The staff was very professional and polite.
2. The views are great.
3. The rooms are big, comfortable and with all the necessary amenities.
4. The breakfast and room service were excellent.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Alejandro A
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Alejandro;

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read pros & cons about our property as it has only been 8 months since our opening and we are still on our "Soft Opening" phase.

We are grateful about the pros you have written: the staff, view, rooms, breakfast and room service. Below you can find our answers regarding the cons you have told us, but first a quick explanation.

In your review you wrote that we are listed as #1 hotel in Cappadocia in most portals. This is true, but are we one of the most expensive? This is partly true but not on your side. We have 7 different room categories with prices between 120 EUR - 1050 EUR in winter time. You stayed in one of our 120 EUR rooms which is called "Prime Rooms", which also is our lowest category. Although it is our lowest category it's size and the amenities inside are top class just like you have mentioned in your review. So you did not stay in one of our more higher price (expensive) suites. I wanted to clear this misunderstanding. Now the cons:

1 - The curtain in your room has not been a problem for our other guests until today. But of course we are open to suggestions and the solution was given promptly by our staff.

2 - We are very clear regarding what properties our rooms are offering. As you stayed in one of our Prime Rooms (you booked via a well known online reservation site there our rooms are listed as Standard Room) and more specifically in Room No: 114 - Baser Evi. In our website the properties of this room is clearly written with pictures supporting this and yes this Room only has a bathtub with no shower.

3 - We are the only hotel in Cappadocia offering Fiber Internet for the comfort of our guests because we know the necessity of Internet these days. But sometimes technical faults can happen and it was solved promptly as stated in your review.

4 - Yes there was a misunderstanding regarding your wake up call. The necessary actions will be taken. And we are sorry for this.

5 - Yes we own a hot air balloon company which is a top listed balloon company. Just like hotels the balloon companies can have different prices. These different prices varies because of the following criteria: experience of pilots, equipment used, balloon basket sizes, insurance policies etc. the list is very long. Our company is proud to be the most Luxury Balloon Company of Cappadocia.

6 - Regarding the location, we are located on top of the hill overlooking the City of Ürgüp. The walking distance is 10-12 min to the city but as stated on our webpage and in the info sheets in your we have free shuttle service to the city.

Once again thank you for your review.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We felt like royalties! They upgraded us and put us in a room with a small pool! They were able to plan our 3 days, including the balloon ride and tours of the area!
The place is very relaxing and not far from town.

Room Tip: get the room with the pool!
4 Thank aadnan80
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Dear Adnan,

You are always more than welcomed at Kayakapi.

Best wishes,

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I made a quick two day stop in Cappadocia during a long trip through Turkey, France, and Germany and I would have to say that Kayakapi was one of the best parts of the trip. Cappadocia is a beautiful region and the hot air balloon rides are a must but I could have stayed at the resort the whole time and been 100% happy with my two days in Cappadocia. The resort has taken a piece of historical treasure and renovated it beyond top notch. The resort takes up the entire side of a mountain and used to be a town unto itself until it fell into disrepair and the government forced the occupants to abandon their cave homes. The caves homes were dug into the sandstone cliffs so degradation is just a fact of nature unless they are maintained properly. The current owners are local so they have gone out of their way to restore the property in a way that respects their people's history while still providing a high class resort. Every square inch of the place is unique and oozing with authentic charm. I toured many of the finished units (they had finished 20-30 when I visited out of the planned 200-300) and every one was amazing in its own way. I know its a little hard to book because every room is different and its hard to pick one, but take it from me you will be more than happy with any room. If you are traveling through the region there are 3 musts: stay at Kayakapi, take the Cappadocia hot air balloon ride (all the companies do the same exact same thing so just find the cheapest option), and the Cappadocia Home Cooking restaurant (trust me!).

Room Tip: All rooms are different and great in their own way. Don't stress the room selection, you will b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Justin P
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Dear Justin,

First of all I would like to thank you for your kind visit to Kayakapi Premium Caves. We always try our best to provide a memorable stay to you and if you remember us with good memories this is the best present ever for us.

Please give us the pleasure of welcoming you again in future and please do not forget that you have a second house in Cappadocia. Just a small note: Not all balloon companies are the same :) We recommend only the best and we always say pay a little extra because it is once in a lifetime experience :) Fly Royal - Feel Royal :)

Warmest regards from Ürgüp / Cappadocia;

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 9 February 2014

This is an amazing hotel .... staying in a 2000 year old cave home reconstructed and exquisitely furnished is a rare adventure. Opt for the upgrade süites if available. The anteroom with fireplace and tunnel to the bedroom is to be savored. The staff is very friendly and accomodating. Having traveled around the World, this hotel experiencel is with very few rivals.

Room Tip: Suite with fireplace anteroom is superb
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark D
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia. I am so happy that we met your expectations and you liked our property with the staff. I hope that you will be able to come back to the hotel in the near future so we can once again ensure you have a wonderful stay with us.

Regards,

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed at Kayakapi recently on our trip to Cappadocia, we were floored by the quality of the room, it was absolutely gorgeous, and very large. Service was great. Our only concerns was that it was far from town (great for a romantic get away, difficult for dinner), and the bed was hard and uncomfortable.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank russeldu
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Russell;

First of all thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia. Also a big thank you for your comments.

But there is 1 thing that unfortunately I can not agree with. You have mentioned that Kayakapi is far away from town. I totally disagree in this matter. Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia is at the centre of Ürgüp (the city) and the town centre is only 12 minutes walking distance from the hotel as we are located over the hill (which is the old Ürgüp). Plus we always provide one-way free shuttle from the hotel to the city centre whenever requested. This shuttle takes maximum 2-3 minutes in to the city centre.

Regarding the bed, our beds are specially made and are full orthopaedic. But comfort is changeable from person to person and we thank you for this comment as we will do our best to give %100 satisfaction to our guests.

Once again thank you for your review. Greetings from Cappadocia / Turkey.

Yakup Dinler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Museum Hotel
Divan Cave House
Divan Cave House
#10 of 69 in Goreme
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,014 reviews

Been to Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia? Share your experiences!