The pros about this hotel:
The rooms. We stayed in a cave suite and it was absolutely beautiful.
1) The hotel is up on a steep hill away from things. If you want to go anywhere you need your own transportation. They have a shuttle down to Ugrup but it only goes one way.
2) The food. We had dinner there one night and were the only people in the restaurant. The food was plentiful but not particularly tasty. The breakfast spread was pretty uninspiring as well.
3) Last but not least...the service. It was bad and the only ungracious service we had our whole trip to Turkey. When I asked the concierge about hikes in the area his answer was he didn't know because he didn't hike. That's the equivalent of asking a concierge in Italy where to go for pasta and being told that they didn't know because they don't eat. With the exception of the maids and one friendly employee, I couldn't get a smile from anyone. We are pretty easy going travellers and are liked by the staff in hotels. I'm not sure what happened here but not many of them spoke English and the ones who did were anything but helpful.
Stay here for the rooms but be prepared to be self sufficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As being one of the first settlement zones in Cappadocia’s centrally located city of Urgüp, the historical site of Kayakapi neighborhood – which is also known as the “Landowners’ Neighborhood” - is returning back to its glory days under the name of Kayakapi Premium Caves – Cappadocia. Kayakapi Premium Caves – Cappadocia, supported by UNESCO and World Heritage Center, is formed by hundreds of cave houses and historical structures. You can be one of the special guests of this historical neighborhood with its 10th-century Cave Church, the historical Mosque dated back to Seljuq Empire and the House of St. John the Russian with its unique Urgup / Cappadocia view. The Cave Rooms, Suites and Mansions with the sizes varying from 33 m² and 253 m², which are designed for your daily needs and luxury holidays, are waiting for their new owners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia Turkey - Urgup