“GREAT VIEW & UNDERTAKING-TOO MANY LETDOWNS”

Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Ranked #2 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Parkland, Florida
“GREAT VIEW & UNDERTAKING-TOO MANY LETDOWNS”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When you arrive from Kayseri, the view & setting are spectacular. Hotel is about 1 hour drive from airport. What the TA reviews I read don't tell you is that this hotel opened in May 2013 & is a work in progress. Presently about 30 rooms & 9 years from now 200 plus. So, construction every day, noise & workers coming & going. I stayed 3 nights in room 133 & after touring 2 days sat on my spacious terrace to relax--but, the work force marched bye for at least 20 minutes. Work ongoing in an adjacent unit & workers in & out. My very spacious suite was way too big for one--but, an amazing piece of construction; the soft lighting adds to cave effect & the old style rotary phones, a reminder of time gone bye. My huge bathroom even had its own Haman; but, sadly very poorly lit; no magnifying mirror & impossible to shave. It was a real hike to reception--they will pick you up in a golf cart--which doesn't afford the chance to view the scenery. Had to ask 3 times to get a box of Kleenex for bedside--it finally arrived on my last day. At my 6 pm plus arrival, they suggested their restaurant, which is in a cold, narrow venue off their gorgeous pool area. They forgot to mention that it only started a few days ago--service & food barely adequate. Decided to try their Bistro for a venue change--I arrived & NOBODY was there. I could have lifted their whole bar stock & nobody would know. Well, I was hungry so back to the dreary restaurant. I ordered a drink from their list--& 15minutes later, I was informed they lacked the ingredients! I then waited another 20 minutes for somebody to wait on me. No luck-I left ,hiked to reception to complain; the person on duty was helpful--but, when the phone rings, they forget you & attend to caller? Instead of making the caller wait or arranging call back. This happened to me a lot. I wound up back in the restaurant for a complimentary steak & had good service--but, the steak was awful. This hotel is expensive & an ambitious undertaking--it's an adventure! Be prepared. They won't see me again!

Room Tip: If they have more than 1 available when you arrive, ask to see them all
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank jmurrayolympic
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Murray;

Thank you for your stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia.

First of all I have to say that I know that my staff personally tried to take very good care of you as you were a Single Senior Traveller. And for your comfort we upgraded your room to 133 - Barutçuoğlu Evi which is a Majestic Cave Suite (you had booked a Glorious Cave Suite). Which is a suite which has x2 rate.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your suite. Regarding the lightning in the bathroom, we have not had a complain regarding that matter until now and it will be personally checked by me first thing in the morning.

In our FAQ at our webpage it is clearly stated that renovation work is still going on at Kayakapi Project. But I am sorry to say that you are the 1st guest of Kayakapi to make a problem of this. Also it is clearly stated on our webpage that we have opened our doors on 1st of May 2013.

You are right about the Hiking distance from your room to the general areas. We thought that this wouldn't be a problem as you in our mailings prior your c/in clearly stated that you want hiking. But when you don't want to hike that is why we provide golf carts 24h. But I am having difficulties understanding your sentence which says: "which doesn't afford the chance to view the scenery". The golf car's main purpose is to transport a person, not to watch the scenery.

Regarding the Maide Restaurant. The restaurant used to be a Camel Stall and has been renovated to become a restaurant and it was opened on 20th of June just 10 days ago. Personally if I am not happy at a restaurant somewhere I would not dine there 3 days in a row. You were absolutely happy for 2 days in a row and wanted to dine for the 3rd time at our hotel's Manzara Bistro. Manzara Bistro is our snack restaurant and serves only Snacks. At the time you went to Manzara Bistro the waitress who is stationed there went to help her colleagues at Maide Restaurant which was overcrowded. Which unfortunately made you wait for 10 minutes, once again we are sorry for this. To make up this my colleagues called me personally in the evening telling me the situation and to make up for this I told them to offer you free drink (glass of wine) and your choice of main dish. Again, if a food is awful I would not be eating it. You finished it all :) And for your information, all red meat is produced at our own Ecological Farm (Dinler Eco Farm) and our meat are of the highest quality. So I am sorry but I can not accept the word "awful".

Regarding the drink you ordered. You ordered a Caipirinha which is an item listed on our menu. As you know the main ingredient for this Brazilian Cocktail is Cachaça. Unfortunately sometimes Cachaça can not be found and we are having problems getting in catch of this product. That is why we use Bacardi as a substitute. And we tried to explain you that Bacardi can be used as a substitute showing you recipe from the cocktail book (if you are still not convinced you can google it).

To sum up everything: We did our best to satisfy you and unfortunately we have not succeeded. Because we don't accept an average rating of 3 as a successful rating. And for your information, the whole of Kayakapi Neighborhood will be renovated in 6 to 8 years. But Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia will never be more than 55 rooms / suites. Other parts will be managed under different hotel names independent from Kayakapi Premium Caves.

Greetings to FL from Ürgüp / Cappadocia.

Yakup Dinler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
CA
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We spent three nights at the hotel this past week.
The setting, the room and the service were impeccable!
The owner even took the time to show us the hammam which is still under construction but should be opened next week. Too bad we have missed the opportunity to use it as it looks amazing!
What a great hotel, highly recommended!!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite and it was amazing! Not sure what the standard rooms are like.
4 Thank CAMoraga
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Kayakapi Guest;

Thank you very much for your review about Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Unfortunately the Spa was N/A during your stay but will be ready starting from 28th of June (tomorrow).

Hope to host you again at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia.

Best Regards to California from Cappadocia.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The place is magical, the rooms are amazing, the services is excellent, the staff very friendly. The hot air balloon trip was marvelous. The red wine grown localy is delicious and last but not least the sites are amazing.

5 Thank Destiiny
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Destiny;

First of all thank you very much for your review about Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia on TripAdvisor.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property and the extraordinary area of Cappadocia including our delicious Wines.

Hope to see you again at Ürgüp / Cappadocia.

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is your hotel in Cappadocia!!!
Everything about this hotel is superb! The view! The outstanding service! The unique and beautiful cave rooms! The exquisite architecture of the entire complex….this is unlike any hotel we have ever stayed in during our travels.
The view was so breathtaking, sometimes I didn’t even want to leave the hotel, even though the rest of Cappadocia was calling!

Besides the view, the thing that stood out most was the excellent service.
As soon as we arrived they took us by golf cart to the reception area. While they were delivering our luggage to our room, we were greeted with a cold glass of juice and then given an introduction to the hotel, it’s amenities, services and given advice and answers to any questions we had about sightseeing, etc.
Nothing was too much too ask of them.
And when we did ask for things, like a fan for the room or a bucket of ice, it was delivered immediately.

We stayed 4 nights in Room 124 which I specifically requested after viewing the photos of all the rooms and rates on their website.
They happily guaranteed me that room (I did book 6 months in advance so you may not get your choice if booking close to your arrival date).

The room was beautiful (as they all appear to be). We loved the authentic Turkish ambience of the decor. You definitely felt like you were in Turkey, not just some random hotel in any ‘ol place.

Their website goes into great detail about what is included in each room individually, so I won’t go into specifics here. But everything lived up to expectations.
If I were to nitpick about one thing it would be that the room was a bit warm for our comfort level.
The temperature at night in the bedroom was around 74-75 degrees (23-24 celsius) and there is no AC. But the fan really helped and they were more than happy to supply one.
The free wifi in the room was fast.
There was a complimentary box of Turkish Delight in the room upon arrival and a large bottle of water was provided daily in your room, free of charge.
The breakfast at the Bistro restaurant included staples such as olives, cheeses, salads, breads, fruits, nuts, pastries, yogurts, coffee and juices. Eggs were made to order and there were usually at least 2 other hot dishes on the buffet.
There is no describing the feeling of sitting outside and seeing that view each morning!

When we checked out they gave us two stone coasters as a gift with the hotel’s logo and and our room number on it...nice touch.

Another part of their wonderful service was that they arranged our hot air balloon ride with Royal Balloons. They did not require any deposit or pre-payment and everything was taken care of by the hotel.
All we had to do was show up at reception at the time they told us and we were whisked off for one of the most amazing, unforgettable experiences of our lives!
We also highly recommend Royal Balloons and their professionalism and safety standards. (I’ve submitted a separate review for Royal Balloons here on TA).

Some hotel stays just fade into the background of your memory. But this hotel will be a place I will always remember!!!
It is truly a one of kind, breathtaking place and I cannot recommend it highly enough!
YOU’LL LOVE YOUR STAY AT KAYAKAPI PREMIUM CAVES!!!!

And lastly, a few tips:
---If you do the balloon ride (which you most definitely should!) book through the hotel as they give you a discounted rate (150EURpp as opposed to 175EURpp for the 60 min Queen Flight on Royal’s website)
---Rent a car. There is free parking on site at the hotel. It is so easy to drive yourself and there are so many wonderful places and towns to explore. Everything is well signed, the roads are in great shape and you will have so much more freedom than trying to adhere to bus schedules or using taxis.
---Buy the Museum Pass
The pass is valid for 72hrs from the first time you use it (not from when you purchase it) and costs 45TL
Valid at:
Goreme Open Air Museum + Karanlik (Dark) church
Zelve Open Air Museum
Underground Cities of Kaymaklı, Derinkuyu and Özkonak
Ihlara Valley

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Go to their website and you can see each individual room and they will try to guarantee the one you...
5 Thank luv2globetrot
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Kayakapi Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for one of the most extensive reviews of Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate your effort and time for writing such a detailed review of us supporting with pictures.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our property. To give a quick info to our future guests, breakfast is now served at our new restaurant: Maide Restaurant and as the space is much larger the buffet is more extensive now. Instead of 2 hot dishes we have now 8 to give an example. Also the Swimming Pool is open :)

We are also joyful to hear that you enjoyed the balloon ride with our sister company: Royal Balloon - Cappadocia. It is truly a once in a lifetime experience.

Just a small tip, of course you can rent a car and drive around Cappadocia as it is easy to explore. But we always recommend to explore to area with a Private Tour and our sister company: KTS - Kayakapi Travel Services will be happy to assist you in the future because there are so much information that you'll miss out if you don't have a professional tour guide with you.

Once again thank you for this wonderful review, thank you for supporting our UNESCO World Heritage Project and hope to see you again :)

Best Wishes to Nashua from Ürgüp / Cappadocia.

Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am writting this review just days after returning from our amazing trip to Turkey and was eager to rate the hotel we stayed at during our visit in Cappadocia. Kayakapi Premium Caves was an exquisite experience itself, apart from the beauties of the city and the awesome hot air balloon flight.
My husband and I were welcome at the reception with grape juice and showed to our beautiful suite which had a garden, a living room with fireplace, a spacious bedroom and a gorgeous bathroom.
We experienced living in an old cave house in Kayakapi,restored and brought back to life by the Dinler family.
The history and beauty of the stone blended perfectly with the modern touches, the wood work completed marvelously the chambers and the decorations perfected the entire atmosphere.
We felt pampered during our stay and we really appreciated the quality of the service offered.
Amazing place indeed!
Plus the food was of best quality and the view from the restaurant breathtaking!

Room Tip: Suites are amazing and I would try the ones with individual pool for a next visit
6 Thank rebecaRO
Yakup D, Owner at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Rebeca;

First of all thank you very much for your wonderful review regarding your stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia. We are very happy that you have enjoyed at our property.

We as the Dinler Family put a lot of effort in making this first settlement of Ürgüp an extraordinary place and our biggest supporters are our friends just like you. Once again thank you for the support of bringing back this UNESCO World Heritage Site back where it belongs.

We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food, the new menu with new items will be served starting today :)

Hope to see you again at Kayakapi :) Greetings to Wisconsin.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia for three nights and got upgraded rooms each time. Our last night we had a private pool in our room, which was truly fantastic.

The rooms here were huge and very nice. We had our own Hamam which we made sure to use each day. Very relaxing!

The breakfast buffet was fairly large and was very good. Additionally, someone was always there to ask us if we wanted something made special for us. The customer service all around was spectacular.

We had complimentary candy waiting for us in our room. They offered free shuttles into town. The pool was a little cold but they had someone raise the temperature for us. The espresso machine was fantastic. All the extra amenities truly were outstanding.

The only complaint we have was about the wild dogs in the area that we were not warned about. We took a shuttle into town our last night and decided to walk back and enjoy the views that evening which only took maybe 15 minutes. The scary thing was the next morning when our taxi took us from the hotel to the airport down that same road we were attacked by several large wild dogs. Our taxi driver kept going and we heard a few of the dogs cry as their paws were ran over. We couldn't help but wonder what would have happened to us had we ran into that pack of wild dogs the previous evening. Scary thought ...

6 Thank Matthew P
Dear Matthew,

First of all thank you very much for your precious time for writing this review about us on TripAdvisor.

We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia from A to Z. Just a small amendment, it was not candy but Turkish Delight :)

Regarding the dogs; we are very sorry hear that your taxi got attacked by barking dogs on the way to the hotel. Unfortunately the dogs are not under control but your note has been delivered to the Municipality of Ürgüp regarding the issue.

Hope to host you again in the future. We will have much better rooms and amenities in the future :)

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in a suite (#131) for three nights. I could not recommend Kayakapi highly enough. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the service and staff were impeccable. The general manager was even kind enough to give us a lift to dinner!! The quality of the rooms and the attention to detail were the best I've seen. The newly opened pool - beautiful. The buffet breakfast - delicious. I look forward to coming back soon. Thanks to everyone at Kayakapi for a magical stay. Andrew & Gen

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Andrew H
Dear Andrew;

Thank you for your kind review on TripAdvisor, your review really made our day.

I happy that you enjoyed your stay at Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia and you are lucky to be one of the first Kayakapi guests to enjoy our Swimming Pool :)

I was happy to give you a lift to the Restaurant and I will again next time :) Hope to see you soon again. Greetings :)

Yakup Dinler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Museum Hotel
#7 of 28 in Uchisar
Yunak Evleri
Yunak Evleri
#7 of 65 in Urgup

Been to Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia? Share your experiences!