We stayed for three nights at this great cave hotel in Urgup (Capadoccia), where we were greeted upon arrival by Mustafa who has to be one of the kindest and most helpful hotel managers I have met. Our room was very comfortable with a raised double bed, good air conditioning, and plenty of space. Staying in Urgup was quieter than Goreme would have been for which we were thankful when we were tired and hot. Breakfast (included) was a classic Turkish buffet, with eggs made to order--very good and accompanied by tea and Turkish coffee. The hotel is on the edge of the town, uphill from the center, with a couple of restaurants nearby (one up, one down from the hotel) but plenty of others down the hill. A nice center of town to sit and people watch as well.
We had the chance to talk with Mustafa several different times. He was not only friendly and curious about us, but also interested in sharing thoughts on his country as well which made for informative and engaging discussions. He also helped us with our arrangements--booking a hot air balloon trip for us with Istanbul Balloons (highly recommended!)--but also with our next plans. We were driving east from Urgup toward Mt. Nemrut and he contacted people he knew in the tourist industry to confirm our directions and future lodgings. He couldn't have been more generous with his time and assistance.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The ambiance of the cave hotel concept, the amenities and comfort of this hotel, but above all, the conviviality of our host all made it a place worth reviewing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place that history, tradition and comfort get together. The restoration of the 19th century residence has been completed along its original structure in addition to three houses carved in the cave which is located at the cradle of civilization and ancient faiths, Cappadocia the miracle of nature, since 5th century. Ornamental visual elements of the residence have been chosen in order to perpetuate Ottoman traditions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Yusuf Yigitoglu Konagi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Yusuf Yigitoglu Konagi Hotel Urgup
- Yusuf Yigitoglu Konagi Turkey/Cappadocia - Urgup