“Great Hotel in a wonderful small town”
Review of Sacred House

Sacred House
Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stayed here with my family two nights on June 12 and 13. The Hotel is small but charming with an attentive staff and eager to help manager. We had two rooms. The Harem Room was delightful with a balcony looking out over the surrounding mountains. My only complaint about this room is that the tub needs a shower curtain. It's nearly impossible to use the hand held sprayer and not shoot water into the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and made to order and included in our room package. Enjoyed the complimentary fruit and Port wine in the room nightly. Ate dinner once in the hotel and it was also delicious although a tad pricy at 50 dollars per person. Internet is available in the manager's office. The manager also kindly gave my son and I a good recommendation on where to watch world cup matches in town. The place which I can't remember the name was just down the hill from the hotel and had good and reasonably priced food as well. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Sacred_House, Owner at Sacred House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2016

Years have been passed since your last visit... Sacred House expanded and deserves a new visit.

We have 21 rooms now with a stunning restaurant & bar, underground SPA that might take away you breath.

Looking forward to serve you again in near future.

Best Regards,

Ece

There are newer reviews for Sacred House

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Some weeks ago, May 2010, I decided to take a break from my business and to go on holidays with my family and some relatives as a group.
We came across a Hotel named Sacred -House in the Internet previously and while looking at the lavish settings of the Hotel and its decor, thought it would be a really memorable experience, so would coincide with my wife and I having our 30th Wedding anniversary. When we left our Country on flight to Turkey we knew that the long flight would be rewarded with a comfortable stay.
Our arrival was met by the hotels shuttle bus at the Airport and after some 60 mins we were at the hotel. We were greeted at the reception by the Hotels Manageress (Yesim - a delightfull young Manageress), who spoke impressive English and could share our humour, Yesim seemed to have all our needs covered and we spent two evenings with her on the Terrace just enjoying the views from the Hotel. Me and my family had 3 rooms in total and my wife and I took the CHAPEL room... (if I could restyle my own home to look like this i would) :)
We stayed just 4 days and were warmly received by the Hotels staff from beginning to end. During our stay the meals were very well catered. The Hotel offers many activities including Hot Air Ballooning and when requested bicycle hire and horseback riding. I myself being a keen Photographer took maybe 500 photos of the local landscape around the Hotel which features a captivating arid mountainous landscape. I took 110 photos of the Hotels exterior and interior.
This Hotel and its Manageress have made our trip so enjoyable that we intend to return beginning of 2011. Words are weak in describing this resort and the local area, breathtakingly pretty.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I don't even know where to begin. My stay at the Sacred House was, without a doubt, the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. I travelled with my boyfriend, his mom, and his cousin, and I know they all felt the same way.

THE SERVICE: We were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in the door until the moment we drove away to the airport. The staff was out of this world!!!! I have never experienced the kind of service anywhere else. Every time I opened my door to walk out of my room, there was someone waiting in the courtyard in case I needed something-- laundry, a beer, whatever! The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed. The hotel also set us up with some great tours. We absolutely loved our tour guide, and the prices were really reasonable considering what we got from it.

THE FOOD: You must eat dinner there AT LEAST ONCE. We ate their twice. It was absolutely amazing. Their dining room is unbelievably beautiful, and the food was out of this world. It was by far some of the best food we had during our entire 10 days in Turkey.

THE LOCATION: The location was perfect. It was just a couple of minutes walk into the main part of town where there were a good number of restaurants and shops. There was a Turkish Bath house just down the road from the hotel as well.

THE ROOMS: The rooms were like nothing I have ever seen before. My boyfriend and I stayed in the lowest price tier of rooms (the Fullmoon Suite, to be exact), but it was still absolutely unbelievable. Every little detail was very well thought out, and every where I turned, the beauty of the place just blew my mind. His mom and cousin stayed in the Old Chapel, which is in the middle price tier, and it was unbelievably beautiful as well. We spent a lot of time outside of our room in the courtyard and on the balcony having drinks. The atmosphere of the Sacred House is just that-- sacred. There's something different about the air in Cappadocia, and the air at Sacred House is no exception. I felt rejuvenated after staying there. You could easily go there and never leave the hotel-- that's how nice it is!

I COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THIS PLACE, BUT IT'S NOT NECESSARY. JUST GO THERE. I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE LEAST BIT! THE BEST PART IS, IT HAS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE. YOU COULD GO THERE WITH YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR BOYFRIEND, OR ON A HONEYMOON! I HAVEN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD, BUT I HAVE BEEN A LOT OF PLACES, AND SACRED HOUSE JUST MIGHT BE THE BEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD!!!! DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR AND GO THERE!! DON'T FORGET TO EAT DINNER!!!

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed 22 May 2010

On getting lucky and finding the Sacred House Hotel on the internet we were so impressed with the pictures of the rooms we booked to spend our 10th. Anniversary there. In so many cases of hotel photographs the reality of the rooms differ greatly from the truth. In Sacred Houses case the rooms are exactly as they appear on their website. (www.sacred-house.com) On arrival we were completely captivated by the hotel, the attention to detail in the design of each room was outstanding, the service was second to none, the romantic ambiance was enchanting with relaxing chilled out music playing throughout the hotel. I would have no hesitation in saying this hotel is the best I have stayed in in Turkey and is on par with some of the truly great boutique hotels in the world. The quality of service was outstanding with absolutely nothing being too much trouble for the Manager Yesim and her staff. If you are going to Cappadocia then this is the hotel I recommend you stay in, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClifC4
Reviewed 12 May 2010

One of the most special places we have ever stayed. Hotel recreates residences in surrounding rocks from thousands of years ago. Small, every room is completely unique. Food is beyond exceptional. Very romantic, there is music everywhere. Views around the hotel are as attractive as those of the surrounding hills. Facility is entirely run by women, who watch the smallest details in every room. Service is impeccable, absolutely 5-star standard. An absolutely wonderful experience.

Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank exploretheworld7
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Hubby and I were booked by a tour at a "hotel" which we quickly realized was more of a hostel. We luckily had Fodor's with us and called Sacred House which happened to be 100 meters down the street. Super friendly and even said we can check out the rooms and then decide, which we did but the second we walked in the front door we were sold! Such a beautifully tranquil place with amazing views, great rooms (beyond comfy beds! and great bathrooms - decor is outstanding and unique in this old Greek mansion), outstanding hospitality. Hubby ended up not feeling well and they let us stay in our room until our airport transfer at 6PM the next day which was so very kind of them. Breakfast on the outside terrace was delicious - everything was simply great! Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Wonderfully and tastefully decorated small hotel. We enjoyed our stay very much. choose from their web site the look of your room because each one is differently decorated. Breakfast on the sunny terrace is a wonderful way to start the day and late afternoon tea time the same. don't miss it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
Museum Hotel
Museum Hotel
#13 of 30 in Uchisar
Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions
Kelebek Special Cave Hotel
Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa
Doubletree by Hilton Avanos Cappadocia

Been to Sacred House? Share your experiences!