“Sacred House Is Great”

Ranked #12 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Montreal, Canada
“Sacred House Is Great”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Our stay at Sacred House was great. The service provided is exceptional, including by the Hostess/Manager Yesim. We stayed in Anka's Lair, which was a splendid cave room. The location of the hotel is excellent for Urgup. And my wife is still talking about the breakfasts! I would highly recommend this place for couples.

And a special thanks for the following: While we were waiting at the airport my name was called over the sound system. I went to check on the situation and it turns out we left a small bag containing some purchases in our room. Well between Argeus Tours and Sacred House they managed to get the item to us at the airport before we boarded our plane. Thank you very much to the both of you!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Sacred_House, Owner at Sacred House, responded to this review, 20 June 2016
Years have been passed since your last visit... Sacred House expanded and deserves a new visit.

We have 21 rooms now with a stunning restaurant & bar, underground SPA that might take away you breath.

Ece

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Turkish first
USA
Reviewed 21 August 2010

What really makes this place is the wonderful people. The manager Yesim is so warm, and fun, and welcoming, and she does everything she can to make your stay perfect. The entire staff is fantastic, so polite, professional, and helpful.

The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful, the rooms wonderful and so uniquely decorated. One thing to keep in mind when choosing your room is that they don't have air conditioning, so stick to the lower, cooler floors in the summer, which are very comfortable even on the hottest days.

The breakfasts are the best I had in Turkey, and it's so pleasant to have them on the hotel's rooftop terrace. Unfortunately I didn't try dinner--but it sounds like it's a must!

The location of Urgup is convenient to all the sights, yet since it's outside of Goreme, it's nice that it's not as flooded with tourists at all hours, and has better restaurants.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Japan
Reviewed 24 July 2010

The reason why I stayed this hotel is that I read these reviews and all of these are said amazing, nice,,,and actually I and my friend went after reading.
These were true !!!! The best thing I wanna tell is the owener is very kind. Before we go to Turkey , I asked her a lot of things(about tour, transporting,,etc.) in many times.She kindly answered.We were relieved.
The staff are also great. Very polite like Japanese style (I am from Jap).
The interior is soooo sweet ! Like wonderland ! I think they really stick about details of interior. I wish I could have stayed longer(we stayed only a night. Too short.)
Please stay this hotel !!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends

jericho
Reviewed 12 July 2010

we had a family wedding celebration in Cappadocia turkey for no other reason than it was the most beautiful place in the world according to our son and his fiance. All of us are from the US. But to Cappadocia we went, wedding gown in hand, and had a lovely time. The rooms at the Sacred House were ornate, elaborate, not to be believed, full of lovely antiques and heirloom pieces, oddities and many "one of a kinds". Interesting just to be there and experience it. Besides the wedding we enjoyed ballooning, caving, sightseeing, and the most wonderful food. The meal we enjoyed at sacred house was the best of them all, and the eggplant prepared by Nuray was so good we begged (and got it) for the recipe.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Stayed here with my family two nights on June 12 and 13. The Hotel is small but charming with an attentive staff and eager to help manager. We had two rooms. The Harem Room was delightful with a balcony looking out over the surrounding mountains. My only complaint about this room is that the tub needs a shower curtain. It's nearly impossible to use the hand held sprayer and not shoot water into the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious and made to order and included in our room package. Enjoyed the complimentary fruit and Port wine in the room nightly. Ate dinner once in the hotel and it was also delicious although a tad pricy at 50 dollars per person. Internet is available in the manager's office. The manager also kindly gave my son and I a good recommendation on where to watch world cup matches in town. The place which I can't remember the name was just down the hill from the hotel and had good and reasonably priced food as well. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2010

Some weeks ago, May 2010, I decided to take a break from my business and to go on holidays with my family and some relatives as a group.
We came across a Hotel named Sacred -House in the Internet previously and while looking at the lavish settings of the Hotel and its decor, thought it would be a really memorable experience, so would coincide with my wife and I having our 30th Wedding anniversary. When we left our Country on flight to Turkey we knew that the long flight would be rewarded with a comfortable stay.
Our arrival was met by the hotels shuttle bus at the Airport and after some 60 mins we were at the hotel. We were greeted at the reception by the Hotels Manageress (Yesim - a delightfull young Manageress), who spoke impressive English and could share our humour, Yesim seemed to have all our needs covered and we spent two evenings with her on the Terrace just enjoying the views from the Hotel. Me and my family had 3 rooms in total and my wife and I took the CHAPEL room... (if I could restyle my own home to look like this i would) :)
We stayed just 4 days and were warmly received by the Hotels staff from beginning to end. During our stay the meals were very well catered. The Hotel offers many activities including Hot Air Ballooning and when requested bicycle hire and horseback riding. I myself being a keen Photographer took maybe 500 photos of the local landscape around the Hotel which features a captivating arid mountainous landscape. I took 110 photos of the Hotels exterior and interior.
This Hotel and its Manageress have made our trip so enjoyable that we intend to return beginning of 2011. Words are weak in describing this resort and the local area, breathtakingly pretty.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I don't even know where to begin. My stay at the Sacred House was, without a doubt, the best experience I have ever had at a hotel. I travelled with my boyfriend, his mom, and his cousin, and I know they all felt the same way.

THE SERVICE: We were treated like royalty from the moment we walked in the door until the moment we drove away to the airport. The staff was out of this world!!!! I have never experienced the kind of service anywhere else. Every time I opened my door to walk out of my room, there was someone waiting in the courtyard in case I needed something-- laundry, a beer, whatever! The staff was extremely friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed. The hotel also set us up with some great tours. We absolutely loved our tour guide, and the prices were really reasonable considering what we got from it.

THE FOOD: You must eat dinner there AT LEAST ONCE. We ate their twice. It was absolutely amazing. Their dining room is unbelievably beautiful, and the food was out of this world. It was by far some of the best food we had during our entire 10 days in Turkey.

THE LOCATION: The location was perfect. It was just a couple of minutes walk into the main part of town where there were a good number of restaurants and shops. There was a Turkish Bath house just down the road from the hotel as well.

THE ROOMS: The rooms were like nothing I have ever seen before. My boyfriend and I stayed in the lowest price tier of rooms (the Fullmoon Suite, to be exact), but it was still absolutely unbelievable. Every little detail was very well thought out, and every where I turned, the beauty of the place just blew my mind. His mom and cousin stayed in the Old Chapel, which is in the middle price tier, and it was unbelievably beautiful as well. We spent a lot of time outside of our room in the courtyard and on the balcony having drinks. The atmosphere of the Sacred House is just that-- sacred. There's something different about the air in Cappadocia, and the air at Sacred House is no exception. I felt rejuvenated after staying there. You could easily go there and never leave the hotel-- that's how nice it is!

I COULD WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THIS PLACE, BUT IT'S NOT NECESSARY. JUST GO THERE. I PROMISE YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED IN THE LEAST BIT! THE BEST PART IS, IT HAS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE. YOU COULD GO THERE WITH YOUR FAMILY, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR BOYFRIEND, OR ON A HONEYMOON! I HAVEN'T BEEN EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD, BUT I HAVE BEEN A LOT OF PLACES, AND SACRED HOUSE JUST MIGHT BE THE BEST HOTEL IN THE WORLD!!!! DO YOURSELF A HUGE FAVOR AND GO THERE!! DON'T FORGET TO EAT DINNER!!!

• Stayed May 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
Kayakapi Premium Caves - Cappadocia
#8 of 65 in Urgup
Dere Suites Cappadocia
Cappadocia Cave Resort & Spa
Fresco Cave Suites & Mansions

Been to Sacred House? Share your experiences!