“Great Service..”
Review of Cappadocia Palace

Cappadocia Palace
Ranked #21 of 69 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 31 May 2009

WE stayed IN THIS CHARMING HOTEL for 2 NIGHTS..It is loacted in the heart of the small town of Urgup..THE CAVE ROOMS ARE VERY GOOD but unfortunately could not stay in them as we changed our dates of check in and they were given away ....THE normal rooms are basic but well kept, reasonably priced ..THE HOSPITALITY IS SUPERB and most of the staff SPEAK IN ENGLISH.The owner Mr Ahmet is very helpful and friendly..so is Mr Adam..very friendly and and accomodating..keep up the good work guys..its worth the stay..

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank TASNEEMMAMAJIWALA

Reviewed 25 May 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights in late April 2009 in order to tour the surrounding underground cities and cave dwellings, as well as tour the unique landscape. Therefore, I wanted to stay in a "cave" room. There are many cave hotels to pick from in the surrounding area; in fact, our initial search was overwhelming to say the least. Decided upon this hotel based on its location as it is in the center of Urgup, which is centrally located for the area's tourist sites, price, and other TA reviews. It is also in walking distance to Urgup's markets, stores, and restaurants, whereas many other cave hotels were located up steep, rocky streets away from town. Yes, there are other cave hotels that are more luxurious, but I was looking for a lower-priced option, and thus, this hotel seemed perfect. I was assigned a huge cave room with large bathroom that had two windows. My friend was assigned a smaller, but just as nice cave room. Both rooms were very clean, including the bathroom, although the wood floors in the rooms should have been wet-mopped daily given all the dust that you track into the room. The room was exactly what I was looking for--all stone walls, with interesting cut-outs, and rustic but comfortable furniture (bed was great). Despite its large size, it was particularly cozy. The staff was very attentive, particularly "Adam," as well as, the very nice lady (did not get her name) that served the breakfast each morning. The breakfast was adequate. They also provide one computer in the lobby for free Internet access. My only complaints were as follows, but they were relatively minor: (1) The TV cable was not working properly--never did get it to operate properly despite several attempts by Adam to fix it; (2) the bathroom was much too dim--not enough lighting; (3) not enough drawer and closet space to put my clothing despite the large room; and (4) the tub had no shower curtain or shower doors, so it was very challenging to take a "shower."

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank ConstantTrekker
Reviewed 22 May 2009

Thıs ıs my fırst tıme ın Cappadocıa, thru ınternet I found thıs excellent hotel, as soon as I checked ın, my worrıes were all dısappeared wıth the nıce ıntentıon shown by the receptıon - Adem, he explaıned all the ınformatıon about the place, and booked a tour for two days. And I really enjoyed the cave room I stayed (here ıs the room number 304, whıch I hıghly recommend) . Next day I joıned the tour, our guıde Ahmet was so knowledgable, we learnt the hıstory of thıs area, wıth an excellent lunch ın the cave restaurant. I would lıke to share my wonderful experıence wıth people who wants to vısıt Cappadocıa, for you can enjoy the best qualıty wıth the very good prıce!

And should I ever went back, that's where I want to stay!

The only thıng that ıf there were more nıght lıfe, would be wonderful! The steets were a bıt quıet at nıght.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2009

We stayed in the cave suite for five nights recently and it was a very rewarding experience. The atmosphere in Urgup was very laidback and exactly what we wanted for a getaway from busy city life.

The cave suites were a unique experience with a huge double bed and a single bed, as well as a TV with English channels (Al-Jazeera and Cartoon Network). The jacuzzi was an icing on the cake. Occasionally tiny bits of stone and rock will fall from the cave ceiling, which made the whole experience more authentic despite adding sand to the floor.

The staff were very friendly. Led by the very approachable and helpful owner Mr. Ahmet, they were able to give helpful advice of where to go and what to do around Cappadocia and out (for example, Hattusas) for all 5 days. They would even sometimes bring you for shopping and short tours without any extra fee!

All in all, a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 February 2009

On my journey through Turkey, I knew I couldn't go without checking out the ancient civilizations of Cappadocia. I easily booked it and took the overnight bus from Istanbul to Urgup, where I was then dropped off at Cappadocia Palace.

The people of course were very friendly and receptive to my needs and did not have an issue with an early check-in so I could drop off my belongings and take a tour of the Cappadocian caves that same day.

The Cave Palace is really a treat that everyone should experience. Rustic but first class in the features my room had; a full bathroom with jucuzzi tub, court yard view, and very much like being in a castle.

Buffet breakfast each morning in the restaurant was simple but typical Turkish breakfast and very delicious. The staff are always friendly and always there to accomodate with recommendations of the town and any particular tours. Also the free internet service was very handy for staying in touch with home.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Cappadocia Palace and am confident in recommending travellers to stay with them.

• Stayed: November 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank 0ffTheBeatenTrail
Reviewed 15 February 2009

Simple but definitely a fully equipped hotel with great hospitality. The boss (Mr. Ahmet) is humourous & at the same time a travel guide who owns the HtR travel agency, hence its very convenient if u were to find tour package on arrival. The receptionists r very very caring and considerate. Free Wifi service. Great job.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 January 2009

We had a great stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, our room was a great size and the bed was comfortable. We had nice, hot showers and the breakfast that was provided was generous. Thankyou!

Stayed: January 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Urgup
4ODA Cave House
#20 of 77 in Goreme
Meleklerevi Cave Hotel
Meleklerevi Cave Hotel
#25 of 69 in Urgup

Been to Cappadocia Palace? Share your experiences!