“A top-notch hotel !!”
Review of Melis Cave Hotel

Melis Cave Hotel
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Urgup
Reviewed 17 December 2012

My first Cappadocia experience was absolutely fantastic although I had very limited time. First of all, I have got to say that the hotel itself is totally fascinating. I was able to see a few rooms and blown away by everything. My room was fully decorated and my bed was extremely comfortable that I did not want to get up.

On the other hand, they were tremendously helpful in arranging tours, recommending restaurants etc. I booked Magic Valley Tours through the hotel and was delighted to have joined. I visited Goreme Open Air museum, some magnificent churches, fabulous fairy chimneys and so on. By the way, our professional tour guide was also quite good.

Overall, I would highly recommend Melis Hotel for their excellence and and Magic Valley tours for their efficiency.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SeqununSeyahatnamesi
There are newer reviews for Melis Cave Hotel

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Beautiful, elegant, and friendly staff. Wonderful grounds situated in a beautfiul area of the country. We had a room fit for queens and staff were always helpful if we needed anything. We also booked this hotel from Magic Holiday Travel in Istanbul. We were satisfied with both Magic Holiday and with Melis. It was a little too cold for us to swim but the pool looked beautiful. Chef Ali made good food, also.

Room Tip: It's only tiny drawback would be that it's a short distance from town. It was just a little...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We booked this hotel from Magic Holiday Travel Agent in Istanbul. Connected by family. We were met by the owner who showed us around; justifiably proud of his work. Room was magnificent and everything worked efficiently. The food was not such a high standard but hotel seffering from low occupancy while we were there; not being big enough to attract coach loads. Pool was too cold due to lack of sun, being in the shade, The owner plans to provide some solar heating for it. We booked tours and an amazing balloon trip over the equally amazing cappadocian landscape. We will go there again if we travel that way.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Nice rooms in quiet section of Urgup. There are a few sites in this town (some old caves and Temeni Wishing Hill providing panorama views of the town and surrounding area). But, one should be aware that there are distances to reach many of Cappadocia's sites in Goreme and the surrounding national parks, for example.

Room Tip: Our poolside rooms were quiet, without disturbance. But, if you desire an air conditioner, you may w...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Our room was like most of the buildings in the region, cut out of stone, but quite standard in most respects. We did not see much of the staff, but the hotel itself is convenient to the shopping district of Urgup, with its restaurants and cafes. The ensuite was narrow and felt cramped, but the facilities worked fine.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Our room (122) was surprisingly plush for a room created out of a cave. The hotel owner, Murat, said it took him a year to complete its transition from water-filled cave to romantic suite with hot water pipes running beneath the stone floor (to heat the floor), and a jacuzzi in the bathroom. The jacuzzi was excellent - great water pressure & hot. I believe I slept better in this room than I've slept in years.

Murat knocks himself out to make his guests comfortable. Amenities include a garden to sit in as well as a swimming pool. Dog lovers would enjoy being around the two golden retrievers. While we were killing time waiting for a bus, I asked him if I could get a drink (bar was closed) and if he wanted to play backgammon. He opened the bar for us, & he sent in one of his employees (forget his name but very affable man) to play backgammon with me for the hour wait. Enjoyed that a lot.

Found breakfast to be typical of Turkey, which means not my favorite (I'd prefer omelets and french toast), but good enough. Would give that a 3 out of 5 but everything else gets 5 stars.

Room Tip: Have only stayed in one of the more expensive cave rooms, but would not have missed that to save mon...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Gorgeous hotel with lovely staff. Our room was very clean and beautiful. The breakfast buffet was delicious with a variety of Turkish food. The pool was great and the perfect place to cool off after a day of sight seeing. The hotel is walkable distance to the commerical area of Urgup.
Would most definitely recommend Melis Hotel!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends