“Wonderful”

Urgup Inn Cave Hotel
Ranked #1 of 53 Urgup B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 May 2013

I recently stayed at the urgup Inn Hotel. The staff and owner Omer were extremely friendly and accommodating. The hotel is very nice and rooms felt well-appointed and cozy. The court yard area is beautiful and relaxing,The breakfast buffet was definitely the nicest I'd had in Turkey. The hotel was also walking distance to other restaurants, shops, etc. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Urgup Inn Cave Hotel

Reviewed 6 April 2013

this place is a a mazing and friendly place to stay. Umer the hotel owner made things so simple and easy for our stay. we enjoyed it very much. do check out the local Hammam its a treat. food was good too. i highly recommend this place. thanks alot for making my birthday stay a special one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank afshin1970
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Omer is a great host, and his staff were extremely polite and helpful. Booked a single for 2 nights, but Omer was able to get me a bigger, double room - despite the winter, it was cozy and very comfortable, providing me some much needed rest after a hectic few days in Istanbul. In doing my research, I did get a little confused about the R/B/G (colored) tours, but Omer pointed me in the right direction and took care of this very meticulously. Omer organized two good tours which gave me a good overview of what Cappadocia has to offer.
Loved the traditional, Turkish breakfast (included in room rate) which ends up being a decent-size meal, and the free-flowing tea, and the conversations with Omer.
I did appreciate the hassle-free transfers between Kayseri and the Inn at inconvenient hours (again, arranged by Omer, at great prices), and access to some real yummy food late the first night (almost midnight) at a local restaurant.
Due to a misunderstanding (on my part), I ended up choosing a balloon operator on my own (in Istanbul, a couple days earlier), and while the ride was good, do not doubt that Omer could have made exemplary reservations there as well. My bad, Omer....next time, will trust you for all of my activities. :)
In all, it's a great location in Urgup, and a good base in the region, with comfortable rooms, and a friendly owner/staff, who are all very accommodating, for a great price. If you want a true cave room, this isn't the place, but it sure does have a great cave feel, for a fraction of the price.
Definitely recommend this place, and look forward to visiting Omer with my family on my next trip there!
Tesekkur Ederim, Omer, for everything!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank KRag13
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Location- this is just a short walk up the hill from the main tourist portion of Urgup. We liked the looks of Urgup more so than Goreme & it is easy to travel from here to the sites of Cappadocia that all come to see. This is a 'cave hotel' though it doesn't look so cave until you look closely.

Room- we loved the traditional decor in fabrics & articles in the niches for decor. Our room was cozy & neat. There was plenty of room for all 4 of us & some space to still move. The patio was lovely (although a bit cold in Feb!). Beware the low doors...you have to duck! The first night our room was a bit cold & we couldn't get the water in the shower to be hot...only warm. We added extra blankets on our beds & they must have noticed, as the radiator was hotter the next night & the shower water was hot, too!

Staff- the staff were very friendly & helpful & eager to please.

Food- we had the best breakfast here...it was traditional turkish with the addition of some scrambled eggs with cheese! Soooo yummy!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank LookingForFamilyFun
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our arrival from Konya was delayed, yet we were met by Omer bey at the door and welcomed at the late hour when we got to our cave hotel. It was one of the most delightful and anticipated part of our Turkish vacation to stay there and have our breakfasts in the beautiful terrace garden under the wine-covered canopy and adorned with petunias and oleander before setting out to discover the fairy chimneys and take a hot air balloon ride over magnificent Cappadocia. I would go back in a heartbeat and stay in the same place and recommend Urgüp Inn Cave Hotel to my friends and family without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FusunAtalay
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Was definitely the best experience during our Turkey Stay. The hotel is converted from an cathedral. Its a small hotel very close to the center of town in Urgup. Omer is the most hospitable host you can hope for and he arranged all our tours at much lower costs than available online. He made sure every request we had was taken care of. I would definitely recommend this to all as its great value for money.

Room Tip: Request for the central room and you wont be disappointed
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank AKD1982
Reviewed 2 November 2012

If all you care about is a place to sleep and are not concerned with the fancy rooms,views and breakfast then this is where you'll find the best value in Urgup. It's a third the price as the hotels up the hill. The owner (Omar) is exceptionally helpful and goes out of his way to accommodate your tours, transportation, carpet buying or whatever you need.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo