This was the hotel that I was whisked to after flying into Nevsehir in Cappadoccia. Upon reaching the hotel which is on the outskirts of Urgup, I entered the hotel and was greeted by pretty flowers, a little cat and the friendly owners of the hotel who took my luggage and took me to my room, (#6). I was thrilled to see that it was spacious but cozy and completely constructed of stone, with a beautiful arch along the ceiling. The bed was firm and comfortable and the bathroom had a lovely shower unit with every possible option for a relaxing shower from extra back water jets to a beautiful rain shower head. The room opened up onto a large communal balcony area with a view of the countryside where guests could sit for meals or relax and while away the evening with conversation and a glass of wine.
Breakfast was served under the shade of large white umbrellas and it was typical of my Turkish breakfast experience, slice cucumber and tomato, olives, fresh bread and jam, hard boiled eggs, yogurt and other yummy items.
I stayed here for three nights and toured the regional sights. In the evenings I was able to walk into the central area of Urgup ( a twenty minute stroll) and go out for dinner or do a little shopping.
My hosts were a lovely couple, always willing to help me out, and when I had to do a real estate transaction back home, call my bank in Canada and send a fax, they bent over backwards to assist me. This was the perfect hotel for couples and I would highly recommend it as a place to begin your visit to the intriguing region that is Cappadoccia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Assiana House is a cave hotel located in the old part of Urgup (Esbelli district), and has 5 rooms with ensuite bathrooms and beautiful decoration. This family run small hotel of Cappadocia makes your stay a memorable and unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Assiana House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Assiana House Hotel Urgup
- Assiana Hotel Urgup
- Assiana House Turkey/Cappadocia - Urgup