We had booked flights from Istanbul to the Cappadocia area before we started looking for lodging and then felt stuck trying to find the perfect place. Fortunately a travel agency was recommended to us, who recommended the Assiana House. We arrived after 9:00PM and were greeted warmly and then shown to our room - I believe it was #7 - first one on the right upon entering and then down some stairs. Being my first cave hotel, I can't say if it was better than others in that aspect, but we were just so excited about it and loved it. Breakfast was very good - served out on the rooftop. The owners were lovely and accommodating with helping us figure out our schedule and letting us take some breakfast early the day we left for the airport. Wifi was good - when in our room it was a little spotty on one side, but perfect on the other side. We were in a cave after all so can't really complain about wifi. There was about a 10 minute walk into "town" which wasn't bad... the way back was all uphill, but it seems all of Turkey is steep hills so you get used to it. After doing a 2 day tour (with Crossroads - also wonderful!), and getting to see the other towns, I was still happy that we stayed in Urgup. Definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Assiana House is a cave hotel located in the old part of Urgup (Esbelli district), and has 5 rooms with ensuite bathrooms and beautiful decoration. This family run small hotel of Cappadocia makes your stay a memorable and unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Assiana House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Assiana House Hotel Urgup
- Assiana Hotel Urgup
- Assiana House Turkey/Cappadocia - Urgup