I travelled with my aunt and daughter to Ürgüp. Encounter Tours has booked us at the Assiana Cave Hotel. It was absolutely charming and the view from the terrace was spectacular. We had breakfast there in the mornings and if you got up early enough, you could get a good view of the hot air balloons. The breakfast itself was an amazing spread of all sorts of delightful goodies. The owners, Mr. Melmut and his wife Suna are delightful, very polite, and quick to make you feel at home. We left before breakfast time the last day, and Suna Hanim got up earlier to prepare us our own “small” breakfast. Well, let me tell you, small in Turkey is still a feast! It was then that we got the news that the car that was going to take us to Pamukkale was having mechanical problems. Mr. Melmut immediately offered us the use of his own car to take us there!!! He drove us to the agency and let the driver take his car on the 8-9 hour drive there and back. It was Turkish hospitality at its best. I would not hesitate to recommend this beautiful place. The only downside is that it is a good 15 minute walk to the city center and make sure you take note where to make the turn into the hotel! The way to the souvenir and carpet stores is downhill, so not too bad at all, but coming back, especially if it is dark, is another story. Fortunately taxis are plentiful, safe and very cheap. I think it cost us US$3.00 to get back to the hotel from the main street of the town and probably a much better idea than trying to find it in the dark on our own. Besides, being a little further out, also has its upside, absolutely quiet at night and the songs of birds greet you in the morning!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Assiana House is a cave hotel located in the old part of Urgup (Esbelli district), and has 5 rooms with ensuite bathrooms and beautiful decoration. This family run small hotel of Cappadocia makes your stay a memorable and unforgettable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Assiana House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Assiana House Hotel Urgup
- Assiana Hotel Urgup
- Assiana House Turkey/Cappadocia - Urgup