“Fabulous”

Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Urgup
Victoria, BC, Canada
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Meleklerevi Cave Hotel in June of 2012. It was the best place we stayed in Turkey.

We chose a cave room which was called Sevgi. I wasn't sure before we arrived what a cave room would actually be like, but it was well apointed, spacious, clean and a cool refuge from the Cappadocia sun. The cave interior made the room exotic to us as visitors, but also made us understand the essence of Cappadocia. And with a name like Sevgi ....

The bathroom was very modern and certainly would be the envy of any cave dweller in the area. The shower even had body massage jets!

I think the thing that I most remember was how much at home we felt in the Meleklerevi. Arzu and Muammer, the owners and builders of the hotel, are some of the kindest and friendliest people you will ever meet anywhere. If you've been to Turkey, you will know how hospitable the people are; however, Arzu and Muammer take hospitality to a new level. I remember my surprise when Muammer carried our two bags up to the room. It was at least three flights of stairs and a hot day, but he insisted on carrying them, opening the door to the room and showing us around.

The meals are simply magnificent. My wife loves to entertain, so we are not strangers to good food with nice touches. She loved it. We found ourselves lingering over our meal, savouring the new tastes and enjoying the fading sun. What else could you ask for on a vacation?

The hotel's web site tells you a little bit about Arzu and Muammer. Being curious, I asked Muammer why he'd left Istanbul for Urgup, a small town in a somewhat remote part of the country. He said that he wanted a more tranquil life (actually he said that Istanbul was very busy and took a lot of time to commute, which I translate as 'I want something different than haste'); you will find this tranquility and the quality of life it brings in the Meleklerevi hotel.

I'd recommend this hotel to a friend.

Room Tip: There are pictures of each room on the hotel web site. I liked our room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Servator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
DC
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We were fortunate to stay here for 3 nights in June. Arzu and Muammer are the most special hosts you will ever encounter. They designed and built the hotel and their love and care is everywhere. Muammer showed us the video of the creation of the hotel which was such a special treat. Our room, Sevig (Love) was a cave room with a window so it had light during the day. The room was good sized with a nice sized bathroom. The hotel is multilevel with sitting areas everywhere and a terrace bar overlooking Cappadocia. Breakfast is a huge buffet taken inside or outside. Treat yourself to at least one night of Arzu's gourmet dinner. On our first morning, Muammer sat with us and using his own hand drawn map set up a wonderful sightseeing day (which he repeated again for day 2!). The tour of the pottery factory in Avanos was great. We will definitely be recommending this to our friends.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Washington,DC
Reviewed 29 July 2012

In July, my husband and were fortunate to stay at the Meleklerevi Cave Hotel in Urgup. We were warmly greeted by our lovely hosts, Arzu and Muammer Erinal. The Erinals came to Urgup from Istanbul to renovate ancient caves which had been a stable until seven years ago. Words can't capture the beauty surrounding this property. The rooms are modernized, but still retain the cave aspects. We awoke each morning to a sumptuous breakfast buffet of local foods as well. as anything else one could want. We ate amid a garden terrace filled with flowers. At dinner, we ate by candlelight, enjoying the Arzu's gourmet cooking and the warmth of the Erinal's friendliness. As stated in the title, we felt like their family. Meleklerevi means house of angels. We can recommend this small hotel wholeheartedly. Also, the central location is convenient to the major sights of Cappadokia

Room Tip: Imthinkmthat all eight rooms are fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The ower's hospitality made my short stay in Cappadocia unforgettable in my life. As other guests already checked out very early in the morning, I was only one guest left in that morning. So, he kindly took me to several view points in Urgup including Baloon points. Also, I had a chance to have a bite of wild apricot which was so nice, and he also took me to a Turkey Bakery shop for our breakfast, where I had a trully fresh bread which was the best bread I've ever had. Yes, he gave me a surprise morning short tour around Urgup.
In addition to this tour, his wife and his staff were so kind, and my short stay in Meleklereve Cave hotel made my memory in Cappadocia really unforgettable.
The hotel ower is an architect and he designed this cave hotel and several other cave hotels in Urgup. So, it is, not to mention, nice about its facility and atmosphere.
I'd like to stay here again when I have a chance to return Cappadocia!!

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel with only eight guest rooms. It is said each room is different size and de...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Ajijic
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This was, by far, the best experience we have ever had at a boutique hotel. Not only were the rooms unique and the grounds enchanting, the owners were genuinely warm and hospitable. They were interesting to talk to and even though I'm sure they've answered our questions hundreds of times before, we felt as if it was being answered for the first time. We only stayed two nights but there were hugs and kisses when we left. A three night stay would be the MINIMUM I would recommend. You can walk to town and there are plenty of restaurants. Make sure you eat one dinner at the hotel because it was wonderful as were the breakfasts!

Room Tip: There are lots of steps, so if that is an issue, request a room on the ground floor. Also if you a...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
istanbul
Reviewed 30 April 2012

we spent 2 nights in Meleklerevi. one of the best hotels we have ever visited. each room has unique design with fireplace. breakfast was marvelous with numerous kind. dinner accompanied by music from old records. best choice for a romantic stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
istanbul
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Ister bir gunlugune ister cok uzun , eger kapadokya seyahati yapacaksaniz hic dusunmeden melekler evine gidin ve kalin. Bolgeyi biliyorsaniz veye hic bilmiyorsaniz farketmez tereddutsuz burda kalin ve kendinizi Muammer ve Arzu'ya teslim edin. Magara otelde kalmanin keyfini surun, odalarin ve otelin sicak ortaminda , sahiplerinin samimiyeti ve yonlendirmeleriyle mukemmel bir tatil yasayin. Ben bundan sonra sadece kahvalti etmek ve uyumak icin bile oraya tekrar gitmeyi dusunuyorum.

Doesn't matter how many days you will spend in capadocia, doesnt matter if you know the area or you visit for the first time, just stay in MELEKLER EVI and let the owners Muammer and his wife Arzu show you the way how to spend your visit. I will visit soon again just for having breakfest and rest in a magical way.

aram