Pamukkale and Hierapolis Full-day Guided Tour from Antalya

Book in advance
from
£47.23
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Ways to Experience Cleopatra Pools
from £47.23
from £84.15
from £84.15
1,900 results
All reviews cleopatra pool ancient columns natural pool changing rooms warm pool mineral water be careful unique experience your feet lockers ruins dip pools bath skin hierapolis earthquake
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2014

I'm giving the pool 4 stars purely because when we visited in February 2012 we did swim and had a lovely experience. Being out of season you have the pool virtually to yourself.

However this visit was a bit of a let down. I was all prepared to swim again and had bought a really nice and very reasonably priced costume from one of the local shops. Unfortunately the pool was not clean with lots of scum from the surrounding shrubbery floating on the waters surface. The staff do have nets to scoop this out but I'm afraid they were more interested in sitting on the benches and checking their mobiles.

Considering you pay full price 32₺ even out of season and this is on top of the Thermal pools entrance fee 25₺ the least they can do is maintain the pool and keep it clean.

My other beef with this attraction is that the showers provided for afterwards are cold. All very well in summer but in winter not so much! Considering the price I don't think hot showers which could be solar powered like every where else in Turkey is too much to expect.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed 22 December 2014

We didn't end up going swimming as when we arrived we were a bit let down seeing as the pool is not very upkept in the low season and especially that you pay the full price even though half the pool was only open.

I believe if we had gone here in the summer we would have happily paid and swam in the pools but I discourage it in the winter time. The surrounding areas though provide a nice area to picnic or grab a bit as there is a small restaurant at the top.

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank sjaf_xo
Reviewed 19 December 2014 via mobile

I can agree with other reviewers saying the water could be warmer etc. It was a bit chilly before you got in. And I would think the pool would easily feel crowded.

However we were here in December and the only ones in the pool. The water felt magnificent, especially near the sources.
If it's full, I'd also skip the swim and just enjoy the scenery.

2  Thank Lomsdal
Reviewed 16 December 2014

The pools, just like the rest of Pamukkale tend to be overrun with tourists in the middle of the day. But around 4:00 the buses leave and you have the amphitheater, the pools and the travertines nearly to yourself until closing time. The pools are an extra cost but if you are looking for a way to relax after a day of serious sightseeing, this could be just the thing.

The pools close at 6 or 6:30. Some of the attractions in the park such as the amphitheater are lite, so you can have an evening stroll through the ancient ruins when you leave. For something truly memorable, head back to town the reverse way by climbing down the travertines in the dark.

Note that the Pamukkale hilltop gets chilly in the evening, even in the summer time. So take something warm to wear after you leave the pools.

Date of experience: July 2014
1  Thank MelissaPeery
Reviewed 15 December 2014

What may be done to attract tourists? Everything.! And so was done with the Cleopatra pools - a trash in the result. The place is overcrowded and overrated. It looks nice at the pictures but the reality is disappointing. The only thought I bore in my mind was to run away very quickly from the crowd attacking me from everywhere.

Date of experience: September 2014